Magic Kingdom shoot

janine

DIS Veteran
Hi
I have booked Randy Chapman for my wedding pictures, and was hoping he could have done the photo shoot at the Magic Kingdom also. But he tells me Disney don't allow outside photographers to do that, is that correct? Not in their wedding gear anyway.
Anybody know the cost of the shoot, and if it can be done after the park closes?
Janine

Janine -
The information that Randy gave you is correct. The Magic Kingdom shoot is set up only through Disney Photographic Services, and they only do one couple per day BEFORE the park opens for the full bridal shoot. They also do honeymoon shoots in regular clothing during park hours, when I looked into it they took about 3-4 couples per day. I don't know the current prices. Randy is only allowed to shoot the wedding events & reception venues and is not allowed to take photos of the parks themselves or go around with couples in the parks to shoot photos on a professional basis.

Marne

marn913 said:
Janine -
Randy is only allowed to shoot the wedding events & reception venues and is not allowed to take photos of the parks themselves or go around with couples in the parks to shoot photos on a professional basis.

Marne

This is not entirely correct. Randy is allowed into the parks as part of your normal reception activities. For example, Randy shot our Illuminations Dessert Party, and took shots of us in Epcot on our way to the dessert party. What Randy is not allowed to shoot is the MK photo session (or Epcot) that is done early in the morning in your bridal attire. You could probably do an in park session with him in casual clothes, but I dont know if Randy would want to risk that, as technically, I dont think its allowed (but I know of brides who have done this with other outside photographers). Randy has done many brides engagement shoots at various resorts on WDW property. That would always be an option.

I believe the current price of the MK photo shoot is $800.

Also, sometimes two seperate MK shoots are done per day, not just one.

my mom is being charged $825 by disney photographic services to have the magic kingdom bridal session for us, in our wedding attire which includes 12 photos in a disney album & the option to buy others. she insisted we have the castle photos. shes so generous :goodvibes. disney is the only one allowed to do in park sessions in the morning before the park opens. outside photographers can be used for inpark ceremonies & receptions though like hmgolden said, we are using randy chapman for our wedding & he will also be doing our illuminations dessert party pictures that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter