Magic Kingdom After Hours Coming Back!

$119 is still too high for our family. Since you're really only getting about 1/3 of park hours on the normal schedule,
I think half price of a one-day ticket would be more reasonable, about $55-60.

Question: Do the CMs close the attraction lines down earlier than normal for the day guests on these nights? I would hate to pay for the AHM, only to have to stand in line at Space Mountain while the day guests finish up their rides.

If there's a 90 minute wait at space mountain at 7:59...they are obligated to let those people in. Why? Because they already paid for it!

Which is at the core of this whole argument.

A one day ticket entitles you to ONE DAY....a pass entitles you to all days included in the level.

This is fees for "parts of days"

I'll grant the Halloween and Christmas things as separate events. This is not.

I'll grant the Halloween and Christmas things as separate events. This is not.

Buuut... why can't we look at this as a "non-descript" event. Why can only Halloween and Christmas be looked at as separate events? Is it because they have their own fireworks and parade? Because they have their own food? What would differentiate this as being a "generic separate event" from Xmas or Halloween?

I would give it a "first thought" at $75...

...but then I'd think that a family of four would cost over half an annual pass for less than 200 minutes ;)
It's no different at that point than a party imo. I pay to go to the Halloween and Xmas parties, albeit this is my first year attending the Xmas party, but even with AP's I pay for these events.

$119 is still too high for our family. Since you're really only getting about 1/3 of park hours on the normal schedule,
I think half price of a one-day ticket would be more reasonable, about $55-60.

Question: Do the CMs close the attraction lines down earlier than normal for the day guests on these nights? I would hate to pay for the AHM, only to have to stand in line at Space Mountain while the day guests finish up their rides.

Nope. If someone who has a regular ticket gets in line before the lines closes, they get to ride.

Nope. If someone who has a regular ticket gets in line before the lines closes, they get to ride.

I know anyone in line would get to ride, my question is would Disney shut down the line at say 7:30 on an 8pm closing time? That would really suck if they allow day guests into the line up until 8pm. That would mean as an AHM ticket holder, you would need to wait in line while the last of the day guests are filtered through the attraction.
Meaning you'd lose some valuable AHM time waiting in a queue which is not supposed to be part of the deal when purchasing the AHM ticket.

I know anyone in line would get to ride, my question is would Disney shut down the line at say 7:30 on an 8pm closing time? That would really suck if they allow day guests into the line up until 8pm. That would mean as an AHM ticket holder, you would need to wait in line while the last of the day guests are filtered through the attraction.
Meaning you'd lose some valuable AHM time waiting in a queue which is not supposed to be part of the deal when purchasing the AHM ticket.

No, the line stays open until the park closes. They paid for that time. While they're letting you in at 7, technically the party doesn't start until park close. So, you're not losing any time that was part of the event. Disney is pretty good about shuttering non event guests out by the time the event starts.

Not positive, but I think once the after hours event starts, those that paid may use the fastpass line. So you could possibly have a shorter wait time.

Arrrggghh!!!! I want to do this event so bad. Why isn't it ever scheduled when I'm going to be there??!!!! Come on Disney -- add early May!!!!!

I agree! This is an event that really interests me, but of course it's not offered on the dates I'm going to be there in January :(

Yeah, this would need to be $75-$80 for me to be comfortable attending.

Admission to Disney After Hours can be purchased for $119 per adult or child (tax not included) and $89 per Annual Passholder/Disney Vacation Member adult or child (tax not included).

Admission to Disney After Hours can be purchased for $119 per adult or child (tax not included) and $89 per Annual Passholder/Disney Vacation Member adult or child (tax not included).

80-90% of a one day for 3 hours?

Nope...no way.

The consumer was right to reject it last year...because it was above the feasible value.

That still holds true.

Better, but still not where I'd be completely comfortable. I might try it, however. It's $270 + tax for my family of 3 and that's pretty much what we spend in a day trip so this would most likely be a $400 day for me.

80-90% of a one day for 3 hours?

Nope...no way.

The consumer was right to reject it last year...because it was above the feasible value.

That still holds true.

But it's not 3 hours any longer. It could be as much as 8-10 if you play your cards right.

But it's not 3 hours any longer. It could be as much as 8-10 if you play your cards right.
10 hours? How so? You can enter at 7PM, if the park closes at 10PM and then it lasts until 1 am. Thats 6 hours. If park closes at 11-12 thats up to 8 hours. I don't see how you get 10.

Well, if you're paying, you can tell me how to spend the money. Otherwise, my money, my business.

Hi! We haven't met...

Laisse faire and "personal preference" does not...in any way...justify paying well above the market value of a short duration consumer disposable product.

And that hurts the overall consumer...and it encourages overall bad seller behavior.

This is the opposite of what their pricing policies have always been. They have always raised prices to balance their ledgers/make profit while attempting to not alienate the mass market.

This is completely different...it's Hail Mary pricing that they are shaving downward until an "acceptable" number of fish jump on the hook for...

There's already a term for that: country club.

If you know better...I agree.

But the target is to get people in mk or EPCOT during the day to jump and double their daily fee...

...not "save it" and hang out at the saratoga pool all day...
I've been saying this a lot lately: you know better.

Because I'm a zen master and can budget it...doesn't mean there aren't enough people to support this to we're they institute an even more silly policy down the road that I CAN'T get a round.

Hold the line...now...don't retreat and think you can retake the fort later.

May the force be with us.

Buuut... why can't we look at this as a "non-descript" event. Why can only Halloween and Christmas be looked at as separate events? Is it because they have their own fireworks and parade? Because they have their own food? What would differentiate this as being a "generic separate event" from Xmas or Halloween?

Parties have a separate slate of shows/special events...notably Parades and fireworks. They also do some other in park things.

This is not the case here. I think they both are overpriced...as I've documented with posts about actual 15%+ annual increases in the prices of these things...but I can make a case for the holiday things.

If you know better...I agree.

But the target is to get people in mk or EPCOT during the day to jump and double their daily fee...

...not "save it" and hang out at the saratoga pool all day...
I've been saying this a lot lately: you know better.

Because I'm a zen master and can budget it...doesn't mean there aren't enough people to support this to we're they institute an even more silly policy down the road that I CAN'T get a round.

Hold the line...now...don't retreat and think you can retake the fort later.

May the force be with us.

Yeah, yeah, I know the intention, but we as consumers have to use the existing policies in our favor. So, the smart consumer is sitting with me at the pool :rolleyes:

Yeah, yeah, I know the intention, but we as consumers have to use the existing policies in our favor. So, the smart consumer is sitting with me at the pool :rolleyes:

I'm gonna remember your "Neville chamberlain" on this when your AP is $1150 in 4 years...

Admit it: you've already decided that you're gonna book a trip in the next few months and pay $89 for mine train...the absolute worst wait time:product ratio ride in amusement history...

There is a great disturbance in the force...
"I have felt it"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter