Magic Key Program

Does anyone know if I buy a Disneyland ticket can I upgrade to a magic key and then use it for CA later in the day?
There aren’t park hoppers or key reservations available for Disneyland as the starting park

Does anyone know if I buy a Disneyland ticket can I upgrade to a magic key and then use it for CA later in the day?
There aren’t park hoppers or key reservations available for Disneyland as the starting park
It’s been hit or miss if your park pass reservations remains or if it’s deleted upon upgrade.

I have a 10 day out-of-state trip planned next June (first trip :dogdance:) and was planning on purchasing magic keys for all of us. Now that the system has been implemented and park reservations are happening under the new key system, would anyone like to guess the likelihood of getting shut out of park reservations for the end of the trip if we have the keys and not a regular ticket (also of note is that we are staying on-site)?

Also, I read that if you purchase and don't activate within a year of the purchase date, the pass is expired. I'm assuming you can still apply the expired pass to a purchase of a new pass or new tickets, is that correct?

I have a 10 day out-of-state trip planned next June (first trip :dogdance:) and was planning on purchasing magic keys for all of us. Now that the system has been implemented and park reservations are happening under the new key system, would anyone like to guess the likelihood of getting shut out of park reservations for the end of the trip if we have the keys and not a regular ticket (also of note is that we are staying on-site)?

Also, I read that if you purchase and don't activate within a year of the purchase date, the pass is expired. I'm assuming you can still apply the expired pass to a purchase of a new pass or new tickets, is that correct?

When in June?

Traditionally, late June was very busy as the lower tier passholders would frantically come visit before their summer block out period started. You'd have to look at the calendar and the block out days to see whether this is likely to be a problem.

But also, the reservation system might not be anything more than a formality by next June. If they go back to the old park capacity numbers, reservations will not sell out in June.

Short answer. No one knows.

When in June?

Traditionally, late June was very busy as the lower tier passholders would frantically come visit before their summer block out period started. You'd have to look at the calendar and the block out days to see whether this is likely to be a problem.

But also, the reservation system might not be anything more than a formality by next June. If they go back to the old park capacity numbers, reservations will not sell out in June.

Short answer. No one knows.
Early June. Great, I'll check out the calendar. Yeah, I realize no one really knows but I appreciate the reply! It's just hard to gamble like that on park availability when you will be in their hotels. Thanks again!

You can use the value of the expired pass toward the purchase of a new pass equal to or greater than the value of the old pass. Multiple tickets/passes cannot be applied to the purchase of a single pass nor can a single pass be used to apply toward the purchase of multiple tickets.

You can use the value of the expired pass toward the purchase of a new pass equal to or greater than the value of the old pass. Multiple tickets/passes cannot be applied to the purchase of a single pass nor can a single pass be used to apply toward the purchase of multiple tickets.
Great, thank you!

Just ordered out Enchant Keys! First time AP holders!!!!!!!!!

Saw that park reservations were starting to fill up for October (Only DCA available for 10/15). Figure if we at least go twice we will get our moneys worth. Hopefully things don't get more locked down in California in the coming weeks.

Just ordered out Enchant Keys! First time AP holders!!!!!!!!!

Saw that park reservations were starting to fill up for October (Only DCA available for 10/15). Figure if we at least go twice we will get our moneys worth. Hopefully things don't get more locked down in California in the coming weeks.
They would have done it by now, our case load is continuing to fall.

I don't think staying on site helps as there is no park entry guarantee. At least right now, it looks like reservations do run out on weekends and holidays and there's very little risk for normal Tuesday-Thursday. So you should use your reservations for the weekends first, then Friday, then Monday and keep one just to book each of the remaining days as you go.

But June is a long time away so things could be very different by then.

I don't think staying on site helps as there is no park entry guarantee. At least right now, it looks like reservations do run out on weekends and holidays and there's very little risk for normal Tuesday-Thursday. So you should use your reservations for the weekends first, then Friday, then Monday and keep one just to book each of the remaining days as you go.

But June is a long time away so things could be very different by then.
Thank you - much appreciated!

Noticed yesterday a "very" nice discount of up to 30% off hotel rooms for Key holders (I think 25% off for general public). Switched my room at DLH up to a downtown Disney view and still saved a few bucks off a standard room and then switched a few nights over to the Grand from the DLH and STILL saved a few bucks! Now I'll be closer and be able to use that entrance on party nights and feel like I got a little more value out of my Key, which is important since I'm in Washington state and may only get two to three trips in with the Key, lol

Decided on a quick trip to see my daughter in LA the first weekend on December, and of course I’ll swing by the parks for a couple days first, December 2nd and 3rd. I’ve never seen the Christmas decorations before.I was surprised that Saturday the 4th was already blocked for keyholder reservations, and today I’m super glad I made them for Thursday and Friday, because those are now gone! Of course, wouldn’t be surprised if they opened up again somewhat closer to the dates.
Also, Friday the 3rd was really hard to find a close hotel room for reasonable. I ended up at Fairfield, which I’ve never tried before, but lots of folks around here love. Now, off to check on that DLH discount that AndrewC mentioned ….

Decided on a quick trip to see my daughter in LA the first weekend on December, and of course I’ll swing by the parks for a couple days first, December 2nd and 3rd. I’ve never seen the Christmas decorations before.I was surprised that Saturday the 4th was already blocked for keyholder reservations, and today I’m super glad I made them for Thursday and Friday, because those are now gone! Of course, wouldn’t be surprised if they opened up again somewhat closer to the dates.
Also, Friday the 3rd was really hard to find a close hotel room for reasonable. I ended up at Fairfield, which I’ve never tried before, but lots of folks around here love. Now, off to check on that DLH discount that AndrewC mentioned ….
Which Key do you have? I'm showing all those days still available. Unless you have a Dream Key, I'm thinking that Saturday the 4th is a blockout day, and once you reserved Dec. 2 and 3, they showed up with a slash as if they're sold out, but that's just because you have them reserved. 😊 They're not actually booked up.

October is starting to look pretty sparse for weekend Magic Key bookings, but after that, nothing is actually completely sold out (Nov. 11 and 13 remain DCA-start only).

Which Key do you have? I'm showing all those days still available. Unless you have a Dream Key, I'm thinking that Saturday the 4th is a blockout day, and once you reserved Dec. 2 and 3, they showed up with a slash as if they're sold out, but that's just because you have them reserved. 😊 They're not actually booked up.

October is starting to look pretty sparse for weekend Magic Key bookings, but after that, nothing is actually completely sold out (Nov. 11 and 13 remain DCA-start only).
Oh, yes, you’re probably right. I have a believe key.

Which is interesting since only one key (Dream) is even capable of booking most Saturdays in October (other than 10/2, which Believe can book).

I would think there would be more availability with the lower three levels blocked out. I wonder if this means most people are buying Dream keys?

Which is interesting since only one key (Dream) is even capable of booking most Saturdays in October (other than 10/2, which Believe can book).

I would think there would be more availability with the lower three levels blocked out. I wonder if this means most people are buying Dream keys?

I would assume they are just making a very limited number of Magic Key reservations available on days where they expect large crowds of "full-price" customers -- that's the beauty of the Magic Key reservation approach for Disney -- it's entirely opaque to the public what you're actually getting for the price you are paying. I know the parking is a major benefit of the Dream Key, but I would certainly be annoyed if I'd paid the extra $450 to "level up" to get fewer blockout dates only to find that Disney was making a tiny number of reservation days available, especially because the Dream Key holders are still subject to the limit of 6 reservations at a time within 90 days, which limits the ability to jump on those reservation days early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter