Magic Express Service

London Calling

Mouseketeer
Hi

With May 5th coming up, just wondering if anyonelse from the UK planned to register with this service, and whether anyone knew if Virgin were taking part ?

We are considering using it this August. Virgin Atlantic are not taking part in the airline check-in part of the service, but you can still make use of the free transfers and baggage claim service. Just call CRO to make a reservation atleast 10 days before you arrive.

I have already booked this service for DS and his GF in early August. They are flying in with Trans Air from La Vegas and back with VA to LGW but Disney send all the details and say it's "no problem"...so it should be ok. It's a great saving.

I have registered to use the service in July. It's ideal for me so I had no second thoguhts at all.

My feeling is that no UK airlines will ever sign up for the resort check in. I think the whole security issue will prevent that. That is just my thought though and I may be wrong.

You CAN still use the magical express though, regardless. Airport to resort will work fine, with luggage being picked up for you at the carousel. You do still have to initially pick up your own luggage at immigration/customs, but after you put it back on the second conveyor, and go on the monorail the magical express system will kick in.

Resort back to airport, you just go on the bus with your luggage.

Louise

We are going to use this - flying with BA in August.

I love the idea of avoiding that annoying second baggage reclaim!

Miss Mickey Mania said:
I have registered to use the service in July. It's ideal for me so I had no second thoguhts at all.

My feeling is that no UK airlines will ever sign up for the resort check in. I think the whole security issue will prevent that. That is just my thought though and I may be wrong.

Louise

I think it quite possible that some of the airlines who fly into and out of MCO will sign up. The security issue shouldn't be a problem after all you can do this at many, many Caribbean hotels, particularly with Virgin Holidays. And US customs can, and do, open as many bags as they choose.

Virgin Atlantic say they "have no plans for the near future" to join the airline check-in part of the service. I guess part of the reason is because they have the DTD service already.

thanks for all this, however, when I contacted Disney a few months ago I was told that the airline would have to take part in this or the facility would not be available, This was because a special tag would be tied to the luggage at outgoing airpoert, which in this case is gatwick.

A few of you have said that the airline does not need to be involved, nut not sure how this would work otherwise, i mean how would they know which is your bag etc etc ??

London Calling said:
thanks for all this, however, when I contacted Disney a few months ago I was told that the airline would have to take part in this or the facility would not be available, This was because a special tag would be tied to the luggage at outgoing airpoert, which in this case is gatwick.

A few of you have said that the airline does not need to be involved, nut not sure how this would work otherwise, i mean how would they know which is your bag etc etc ??
The airline absolutley does not have to participate in the scheme for you to use it. You were given false information. When you book, you are provided with "Magical Express" luggage tags so that the Disney airport CMs can identify your bags. They then pull them off of the conveyor on your behalf and load them on to the bus. All you have to do is get yourselves (+hand luggage) onto the Magical Express motor coach.

:wizard:

Here is the Magical Express FAQ -

What is the cost for the Disney Magical Express service?
Disney's Magical Express is a complimentary service to Walt Disney World Resort Guests, which will be offered throughout the Happiest Celebration On Earth event commencing May 5, 2005 and running throughout the year 2006.

What if a guest doesn't want the service? Is there a credit?
If a guest elects not to utilize the service, they will not receive a “credit” to their reservation.

Will Disney's Magical Express continue on a complimentary basis after the “Happiest Celebration On Earth” has concluded?
While no determination has been made, Disney's focus right now is the successful launch of Disney's Magical Express as a great new benefit for our guests.

How much does Disney's Magical Express save guests?
With Disney's Magical Express, a family of four can save more than $80 (based on round-trip taxi or shuttle transportation, plus tip, for two adults and two children).

When does the service first become available to Walt Disney World Guests?
Disney's Magical Express service can be booked beginning Jan. 2, 2005 for any arrivals planned for May 5, 2005 and beyond.

Which Resorts are included?
All Walt Disney World Resort hotels other than the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotel, the hotels on or near Hotel Plaza Boulevard and Shades of Green. The Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Vero Beach and Hilton Head are also excluded. If a Guest moves to an off-property resort, they are on their own for transportation back to the airport.

Can a Guest book a one-way airport transfer (to or from)?
Yes.

Can a Guest book return transportation to the airport while on property?
Yes; guests can book return transportation to the airport by calling Disney's Magical Express Guest Service. The Resort Front Desks will have a communication card with the phone number to hand to the Guest.

Can a Guest book a “luggage only” transfer?
No.

How is a reservation made for Disney's Magical Express service?
Travel agents and guests can make arrangements just as they did when making the room reservation. The following appropriate flight information will need to be provided:

Arriving From (originating city or connecting city into Orlando)
Destination (for departure)
Airline Carrier (arrival and departure)
Flight Number (arrival and departure)
and, if not a part of the original booking, provide the Disney resort reservation number.

What if the flight information cannot be provided at the time of booking?
The reservation can still be made; the Travel Agent or guest will be advised to add the flight information later.

Can a Guest book transportation upon arrival at the airport?
No. Guests must book Disney's Magical Express service reservation at least 10 days prior to arrival, so that they fully benefit from the service and a seamless luggage delivery to their Resort room.

Who will need to be contacted if there is a change to flight information?

Pre-arrival,you or your travel agentt may call the same number used to make their room or package reservation. Inside two days the Agent or guest will be transferred to Disney's Magical Express Guest Service to confirm the change.
While on property, the Resort Front Desks will advise the Guest to contact Disney's Magical Express Guest Service. A communication card will be given to the Guest with the appropriate phone number to call.

What is the cutoff date for booking Disney's Magical Express?
Disney's Magical Express must be booked within 10 days of arrival.

When will a Travel Agency receive their client's Airport Transportation Booklet with luggage tags?
Approximately 21 days prior to a Guest's arrival, an Airport Transportation Booklet containing general information and luggage tags – to be attached prior to leaving home – will be mailed to the travel agency with the Guest's name included, which the agency must deliver to their Guest. Special delivery arrangements will be made for those booking between the 10-day cut-off and the 21-day mailing timeframe.

Do international Guests have to claim luggage?
If Orlando is the Guest's first port of entry into the United States then the Guest claims their luggage after debarking the plane (luggage is not transferred to Baggage Claim at this point). The Guest proceeds through the Customs process with their luggage. When complete the luggage is given back to the airport to be transferred to Baggage Claim and Disney's Magical Express service pulls the luggage on behalf of the Guest.

If Orlando is not the Guest's first port of entry into the United States then the Guest has already completed the Customs process and does not have to claim luggage.

Is the luggage pulled prior to Resort check-out?
No. However, the Guest may request Bell Services' assistance with their luggage to the motor coach area, but it is not transferred separately as it is on the inbound service.

How many stops will the motor coach make between Orlando International Airport and the guest's Disney Resort hotel?
Anywhere from three to four stops to drop off guests at various Disney resort hotels.

Will the motor coaches accommodate wheelchairs?
Yes. However, the travel agent needs to indicate this at the time of booking and note it as a special request.

Will Disney's Magical Express provide wheelchairs at the airport upon arrival?
No.

How does return transportation to the airport work?
Complimentary transportation from the Disney Resort to the Orlando International Airport is available to all Disney Resort Guests.

A secondary benefit of the return trip to the Orlando International Airport – Resort Airline Check-In – offers remote check-in for select Guests, allowing them to check their luggage and receive their airline boarding passes at their Disney Resort. At this time, this remote check-in service is only available for Guests flying domestically on the following airlines: American, Delta (including Song), Continental, and United (including Ted).

With this service, Guests with late flight departures no longer have to worry about their luggage after they check-out of their Resort; they can simply check their luggage at the Resort Airline Check-in Desk and then enjoy their last day of their stay.

How will Guests know what time the motor coach leaves from their Resort to the airport?
The Guest will receive a departure notice the day prior to check-out advising of the motor coach pick-up time based on the provided flight information. The general rule of thumb is 2¾ hours prior to the flight departure.

Where are the Resort Airline Check-in Desks located?
Each Resort will have a dedicated check-in Desk located in or near the lobby or outside at the entrance to the Resort. The Desks will be located in prominent locations with easy access.

Is there a cost for the return transportation or Resort Airline Check-In service?
At this time, there is no charge for Disney Resort Guests to use either service.

Are gratuities included for the luggage delivery to the Resort room by Bell Services?
Yes, but for the inbound service only. Gratuities are not included if the Guest elects to utilize Bell Services for assistance with their luggage from their room to the motor coach pick-up area upon departure.

Which Resorts will have Resort Airline Check-In locations?
All Walt Disney World Resort hotels other than the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotel, the seven hotels on or near Hotel Plaza Boulevard and Shades of Green will have operational locations by the May 5, 2005 start date for Disney's Magical Express.

Is the Resort Airline Check-in service operated by Walt Disney World?
No. It is operated by a Transportation Safety Administration (TSA)-approved third party company on behalf of the participating airlines.

What are the hours of operation for the Resort Airline Check-in Desk?
Transportation from the Disney Resorts to Orlando International Airport is available around the clock, seven days a week, based on flight schedules. Guests are notified about their departure times the day prior to check-out.

Guests on outbound flights with domestic service provided by American, Delta (including Song), Continental, and United (including Ted), and opting to take advantage of the remote check-in service will be able to check their luggage and print their boarding pass every day between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m. at the Resort Airline Check-In Desk.

When is the earliest a Guest using the remote check-in can check-in for their airline?
12 hours prior to their flight departure time.

When is the latest a Guest using the remote check-in can check-in for their airline?
2¾ hours prior to their flight departure time.

What does the Guest need to provide at the time of the airline check-in?
Government issued i.d. (e.g. driver's license, passport) and their Key to the World card to verify that they are a Walt Disney World Resort Guest.

Does the Guest have to utilize Disney's Magical Express return transportation service back to Orlando International Airport to participate in the Resort Airline Check-in?
No. This service is available to Disney Resort Guests on outbound flights with domestic service provided by American, Delta (including Song), Continental, and United (including Ted). They can take advantage of the motor coach transportation back to Orlando International Airport or arrange their own transportation.

Can off-site hotel Guests use this service?
No.

Can Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotel guests use this service?
No.

Can guests staying at one of the seven hotels on or near Hotel Plaza Boulevard use this service? No.

Where can a Guest get more information while on property?
The Resort Airline Check-in Desks as well as the Resort Front Desks will have information regarding the service.

Can international Guests utilize this “return” transportation service to the Orlando International Airport?
Yes, the complimentary return transportation service from a Disney Hotel to the Orlando International Airport is available to all guests, regardless of the outbound carrier. However, at this time, the Resort Airline Check-in service – checking in luggage and providing a boarding pass – is only available to Guests on outbound flights with domestic service provided by American, Delta (including Song), Continental, and United (including Ted). Guests flying internationally can take advantage of the complimentary motor coach transportation, but will need to handle their own luggage and check-in with their airline at the Orlando International Airport.

Is there a limit to the number of bags a guest can check at their resort versus checking in directly at the airport?
The Resort Airline Check-in Desk will follow the same guidelines as the participating airlines.

What if the Guest misses their flight? Where will their luggage go?
If a Guest checks their luggage from their city of origin in time to make their originally scheduled flight, their bags are likely to make it to Orlando International Airport as scheduled, even if they miss their flight. Disney representatives will pull their bags and wait for the Guest's arrival before forwarding them to their resort hotel.

Why are the hours of operation only 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Resort Airline Check In Desk?
The remote check-in that lets Guests check bags and obtain boarding passes is operational from 6 a.m. – 2 p.m., a timeframe that corresponds with the 11 am check out policy for Disney resort hotels.

Motor coaches offering return transportation to Orlando International Airport will pick up near these locations and will operate around the clock, seven days a week, based on flight schedules. Guests are notified about their departure times the day prior to check-out.

Are there certain hours of operation for the Disney Welcome Center at the airport?
The general hours of operation for the Disney Welcome Center at the Orlando International Airport will be 6 a.m. to 11 p.m., but those hours will be extended to meet all flights of all guests that have booked Disney's Magical Express, even if their flight is scheduled to arrive after 11 p.m. The Welcome Center will also closely follow arrival information to be available for flights that may be delayed.

What should guests who had planned to pre-board using the Resort Airline Check In do if the Desk is closed?
In the event the Resort Airline Check In Desk is closed, Guests should take their luggage with them to the airport for standard airline check-in.

Can Guests rent a car at their resort if they decide they need one?
Yes, Guests opting to take advantage of Disney's Magical Express can still rent a car and can make arrangements with their car rental company to pick up their vehicle.

Will you continue to operate the Auto Car Care Center on Disney property that allows Guests to pick up a rental car?
Yes.

Is Disney's Magical Express only available to Guests who've purchased air through the Walt Disney Travel Company? Or only to Guests traveling on a package?
No. Disney's Magical Express is a service available to all guests staying at a Disney Resort, irrespective of whether they have purchased a package or booked air through the Walt Disney Travel Company, directly with the airline, or through another channel.

What service will guests on a Disney Cruise Line 7-day land and sea vacation receive?
Disney Cruise Line Guests that purchase a 7-night land and sea package including ground transfers from Orlando International Airport will utilize Disney's Magical Express.

Ive just spoken to Disney in the states about getting the luggage tags which are to be used to identify luggage. These tags are only available from your travel agent unless you have booked directly with Disney.

So I contacted Virgin and when I eventually found somone who knew anything about this I was told that because Virgin transfers to and from the airport they are using this facility and would not therefore be able torequest these luggage tags for me.

What this means is that Virgin guests will not be able to use the Magic Express Service, if anyone else knows differently please let me know!

London Calling said:
Ive just spoken to Disney in the states about getting the luggage tags which are to be used to identify luggage. These tags are only available from your travel agent unless you have booked directly with Disney.

So I contacted Virgin and when I eventually found somone who knew anything about this I was told that because Virgin transfers to and from the airport they are using this facility and would not therefore be able torequest these luggage tags for me.

What this means is that Virgin guests will not be able to use the Magic Express Service, if anyone else knows differently please let me know!
That's rediculous isn't it?! I can understand where Disney are coming from, because if you booked with Virgin Holidays, chances are, they won't even have your details on their computer yet so won't be able to verify you are staying in a Disney resort. However; Virgin should be able to sort this out for you and I would be pretty mad if I found out they couldn't be bothered - after all it is free-of-charge and doesn't cost them a penny. I'd call back and ask for the manager.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!