Magic Express questions for an unplanned trip

stargazertechie

Toy Story Midway Maniac
DH and I are leaving for Disney in 5 days :banana: This is the trip that almost wasn't (long story, cancer related, sad panda, won't bore you with the details)

We ended up booking a DVC room for 2 nights to just squeeze in a bit of magic during an otherwise difficult time.

We use ME for all of our trips, but this one is a bit different- we have a confirmed 7AM flight out of O'hare (arriving at 11:55) but we are going to attempt to fly standby on a redeye that would put us in at 5:05 AM. We won't know until around 12:30 AM the day of travel if we're getting on that redeye or not.

My questions

1) DME will still put me on a bus if I arrive early, right? I've done the sleeping in the lobby of MCO before and gotten on an early bus, but I wans't sure if it was the exception or the rule

2) Does DME handle baggage for flights arriving at 5:05 AM- I know there's a window that they won't get your bags.

3)What happens if my plane gets in early? Will DME still get my bag, or will I have to go claim it myself?

4) How good is DME at "here's my bag claim ticket- please go find my bag in the sea of black bags". We won't even have time to get the yellow tags from Disney before we leave.

Any suggestions on making this red-eye suck less? We plan on hitting the parks as soon as we get to WDW since we just have 3 days/2 nights.

1) DME doesn't really care when you arrive. The time you entered is just so they can generally plan for bus loads/number of drivers. So, no problem when you show up that day, you'll be fine.

Can't help on the other questions.

My questions

2) Does DME handle baggage for flights arriving at 5:05 AM- I know there's a window that they won't get your bags.

3)What happens if my plane gets in early? Will DME still get my bag, or will I have to go claim it myself?

4) How good is DME at "here's my bag claim ticket- please go find my bag in the sea of black bags". We won't even have time to get the yellow tags from Disney before we leave.

5) Any suggestions on making this red-eye suck less? We plan on hitting the parks as soon as we get to WDW since we just have 3 days/2 nights.
2. Yes. The window opens in the 5 to 6 AM timeframe and closes at 10 PM.

3. Yes. The Magical Express baggage handling process springs into action right away without waiting to see what the respective owners of the baggage do.

4. Excellent. Suggestion when going anyplace: Plaster 3x5 cards, each with the same 3 digit number in big print, on your baggage. For DME you can tell the welcoming area CM to have the roving baggage crews look for that number.

5. When you arrive at the park bright and early on the first of your but three days, you'll be glad you took the red eye.

DH and I are leaving for Disney in 5 days :banana: This is the trip that almost wasn't (long story, cancer related, sad panda, won't bore you with the details)

We ended up booking a DVC room for 2 nights to just squeeze in a bit of magic during an otherwise difficult time.

We use ME for all of our trips, but this one is a bit different- we have a confirmed 7AM flight out of O'hare (arriving at 11:55) but we are going to attempt to fly standby on a redeye that would put us in at 5:05 AM. We won't know until around 12:30 AM the day of travel if we're getting on that redeye or not.

My questions

1) DME will still put me on a bus if I arrive early, right? I've done the sleeping in the lobby of MCO before and gotten on an early bus, but I wans't sure if it was the exception or the rule

Any suggestions on making this red-eye suck less? We plan on hitting the parks as soon as we get to WDW since we just have 3 days/2 nights.

1) I'm pretty sure they will, but why not just just give them the flight number of the red eye? It seems like that would be easier.

2) I'm not sure what time they start picking up bags, but I think it's 6:00. You should probably call and ask.

3) They'll get it if they're getting bags that early.

4) I haven't read of any reported problems with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter