• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic European Routes TV Question

BadPinkTink

Republic of Ireland is not part of UK
In the staterooms, what TV channels / programs are there? I'm sure there are on demand films/ programs which have an up charge, but is it like a hotel where you can turn on the TV and get at least 1 news channel like CNN or BBC World?

There's no charge for on demand movies. There is usually at least one news station. But that is subject to satellite. Other channels that may be available are also subject to location and satellite.

There's no charge for on demand movies. There is usually at least one news station. But that is subject to satellite. Other channels that may be available are also subject to location and satellite.

thats good to know, thanks. When I stay in hotels as a solo traveller, I usually have the TV on in the background, usually a news channel when I get ready in the mornings

I think all of the ships do this now but they started having their own morning show. So depending on when you are up and getting ready, you can have that on with the Cruise Director filling you in on the highlights of the day and sometimes "special guests".

I think all of the ships do this now but they started having their own morning show. So depending on when you are up and getting ready, you can have that on with the Cruise Director filling you in on the highlights of the day and sometimes "special guests".

:Pinkbounc oooh that sounds interesting, and a much better way to start the day than outside the Disney bubble real world news

:Pinkbounc oooh that sounds interesting, and a much better way to start the day than outside the Disney bubble real world news
That's what we did on our recent Magic Mediterranean cruise. In the morning, we listened to the Cruise Director's show. If we needed background noise later in the day, we put on one of the other Disney Cruise channels that had programs on 5-10-minute loops -- there was one that did a "backstage" tour of some of the mechanical areas, and one that talked about the shows. I just realized that I didn't even check whether there were news channels available.

I could be wrong, but I don't feel that there really were any outside channels to watch in the stateroom when we were on the Magic in Europe.

There's always at least one news channel assuming the satellite is working. On all of our European cruises, it was BBC; in the Caribbean, it was usually CNN. I think once we might have received CNN International along with BBC on a European cruise. I seem to remember switching back and forth between news stations when they started repeating previous segments I'd already seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter