Magic Deck 8 plumbing issues still?

gzmtlock

DIS Veteran
We cruised on the Magic shortly after her 2014 refurb, cabin 8520. It was a lovely trip, except one thing - we had consistent issues with a strong sewage smell (like there was a dry trap) coming from the toilet and occasional flushing issues.

Anyone sailed mid-ship on deck 8 recently who can share if you had any plumbing issues? My DH disliked it so much, he will not consider that deck again unless he has some assurances that the issues have been resolved.

8034 in 2014 and 8534 in August 2015, the issues continued.

Thanks for sharing. You've confirmed that we'll save the $$ from not booking deck 8 concierge - no way we'll pay high dollar for that stink!

I am in 8534 in a week...Disney Fantasy was the problem on both bathrooms?

Different ship, completely different deck layout. So while I've never been on the Fantasy, it's extremely improbably that the similar numbered staterooms on the two ships would have the same issue.

I am in 8534 in a week...Disney Fantasy was the problem on both bathrooms?

He meant the one who posted the message, Disney Fantasy, not the ship.

8034 the issue was just outside our room, a leak and of, you know what, they cleaned it and had a dehumidifier running, we complained at 10 pm yo get it moved at night.
8534, details and photos in my trip report.
Smell.
Both lavatories would stop to flush, or flush on there own accord. Plus a ceiling access hole fell down at night, when docked in St Petersburg, - not at sea, a massive bang in the night, lucky no one hurt and above it the air con was poorly services, covered in dust and grime.

Concierge and guest services aware, apologised and sent us gifts to say sorry and an OBC.

Note friends of mine have asked to moved in aft and low deck rooms re noise and vibration on the Magic recently.

We were in the Magic a few weeks ago on deck 6 port side. They had fans in the hallway drying carpet several times. I never noticed a sewage smell when I passed, though.

Perhaps this was addressed during the dry dock?

One can hope. But this has been a long-standing problem with the Magic. At this point, I'm not sure they'll ever fix it. My thoughts are that it's a basic design flaw that would take major gutting to make right. But those thoughts are based on nothing other than long-term term surfing and cruising. So take them with a grain of salt. . .

After reading this now I have to poop

How's your plumbing? :rotfl2:

We cruised on the Magic shortly after her 2014 refurb, cabin 8520. It was a lovely trip, except one thing - we had consistent issues with a strong sewage smell (like there was a dry trap) coming from the toilet and occasional flushing issues.

Anyone sailed mid-ship on deck 8 recently who can share if you had any plumbing issues? My DH disliked it so much, he will not consider that deck again unless he has some assurances that the issues have been resolved.

If the cabin has a sewer odor in the bathroom or half bath take a glass of water and pour it down the floor drains. A lot of the times the p traps dry out and allows the odor to back up to into the cabins themselves. That's not to say there are outside issues but a lot of the time the smell in the cabins can be relieved by doing the above.

Last edited:
If the cabin has a sewer odor in the bathroom or half bath take a glass of water and pour it down the floor drains. A lot of the times the p traps dry out and allows the odor to back up to into the cabins themselves. That's not to say there are outside issues but a lot of the time the smell in the cabins can be relieved by doing the above.
THANK YOU! Im in 8034 in a few weeks great to know this trick.

Hope this has been fixed as we were on the magic about this time last year and there was sewer smell around the adult pool as well as Keys.

IN 2013 we stayed on deck 2 and we had sewage/ water come up from the drain in the bathroom and flooded it. All our clothes were soaked. They washed all our clothes for free. It was really gross but didn't really affect us at all. Everything was cleaned up by the time we were back in our room, and we had our clean clothese later on that day.

There was an issue on deck two a couple of weeks ago (fortunately not near us) that affected a number of rooms. Some people had to switch rooms.

Don't like reading this post. We are on the magic tomorrow on deck 2 mid ship and now I'm hoping there are no issues. P-U!

This post makes me nervous. We are 8524 April 10th and I just might monkey if there is a sewer smell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter