Magic Behind our Steam Trains Tour

Allastair Blackman

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

Is anyone else having issues with availability when ringing to book the Magic Behind our Steam Trains Tour, especially the 1st and 2nd weeks in December?
We are going to be staying at Wilderness Lodge from the 4th to the 12th December and have rung several times since our 180 day window opened up, only to be told that they don't have the tour uploaded to their system.

Just wondering if others are also having the same issues with this tour.

Cheers
Allastair

The steamtrains are down right now, due to construction of the Tron Lightcycle Coaster in Tommorowland which impacts the train tracks. They won't start taking reservations for that tour until they know for certain when the train will be able to reopen.

Thanks Tomh,

They have been running a curtailed version of the tour while the Railway is closed, starting from the Fantasyland Station instead of Main Street, someone reviewed the curtailed version on TripAdvisor in March

"
Please note our tour was slightly modified as Tron is being built we didnt get to ride the train from the Main Street station and I am not sure when it will switch back to normal, but even in its modified form, still totally worth it.

We boarded the Main street bus and rode to the castle where more photos were taken as we walked to the next train stop and boarded."

Cheers,
Allastair

We have this tour booked for our September trip. It didn't open up for awhile past the 180 day window. I just kept checking off and on until it finally was able to be reserved.

The first time I tried to call for this the lady for some reason told me they were booked solid for January 20-24th 2020, which turned out to be false as when I called again I was told they aren't even taking reservations that far out. This is so nerve racking. >_<

Last edited:
Hi GreenTea13,
One of the times I rang they told me the same thing, that it's was fully booked.
I'm still having trouble booking for early December, I've rung so many times now, and the cast members seem to come up with a different story each time when trying to explain why it's not available to book.
The most recent time I rang (15th August) they said try to ring and book in October.
Disney World should really take down that it's available to book from its website until it's actually available to be booked by the cast member when you call.
Cheers,
Allastair

So the latest reason I was given for why I can't book it yet is because of the Tron Coaster construction, which I am skeptical of since I've found plenty of footage of people doing this tour as recently as 2 weeks ago. So either the Tron coaster constuction is entering a phase where the whole area needs to be closed off OR who ever I talked with didn't know what they were talking about so they just made something up to get me off the phone. I really wish they would just be honest and say "We don't know" instead of making up information. It's annoying to be told "we don't know" but it's FAR more fustrating to be given FALSE information.

Last edited:
So either the Tron coaster construction is entering a phase where the whole area needs to be closed off .

That's entirely possible.

Or possibly they just want to have the option of closing the entire area on those dates for the time being.

Of course it is also possible that you are correct.

If it helps, 4 CM's recently all gave me different answers when I asked about modifying the same park ticket. Sadly, sometimes you just have to keep asking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter