Magic Bands Upgrade

Tinkl0ver66

Mouseketeer
I just read on the DFB that they are going to start giving you the option of upgrading your magic bands for a price. You will be able to choose from 30 different patters that will cost...I believe...$14.99? Has anyone else heard this? And does anyone know when this might be starting?

I just read on the DFB that they are going to start giving you the option of upgrading your magic bands for a price. You will be able to choose from 30 different patters that will cost...I believe...$14.99? Has anyone else heard this? And does anyone know when this might be starting?
Don't know when it will start but I read that it will be $10.00. Which makes it a pretty decent deal to me.

Got the email. For on property stays and AP holders. I like the idea. I have more of the current colors than Ill ever need.

Here is the video from Disney - we've been discussing it a bit in the main news thread

i think $10 is definitely reasonable and i think people that already have multiple of every color currently offered will jump at this to get something different

Well it would be a little late to allow it to start for trips in early June as I am sure those magicband orders are just starting processing or already processed.
Well yah...if you want to be all logical and such...but Disney Magic?!?!? Come on! I desperately wanted a Grumpy Band for my trip ;)

Certainly makes a lot of sense. Put me in the camp of surprised they didn't do it sooner.

Yup. My early June bands shipped last Friday.
I have a mid-July trip and I'm hoping they get this out in time for that one. Not a big deal if the don't. Would just be nice.

And I really want them to implement that resort specific idea another poster proposed. That would be great!

I have a mid-July trip and I'm hoping they get this out in time for that one. Not a big deal if the don't. Would just be nice.

And I really want them to implement that resort specific idea another poster proposed. That would be great!

Same here!! We go the end of July, so I'm hoping that it will start so we can take advantage of it.

Obviously missed this for our trip in 2 weeks, but can't wait to do it for October! This is a great idea, plus it greatly eliminates waste. They'll sell SO many more this way too.

UPDATE: According to Disney, the MagicBands will be available for purchase starting on May 15, 2019. Guests will be expected to pay $14.99 for each upgraded MagicBand at the time of selection. Upgraded MagicBands are non-returnable and non-refundable. This includes guests who have cancelled their reservations. In addition, if a reservation is cancelled, guests will be charged the full price (not the $14.99 discounted) rate for the MagicBands.

FWIW, not entirely sure of the accuracy of the starting date. Edited for price accuracy.

http://mickeyblog.com/2019/05/06/ch...y-world-onsite-guests-and-annual-passholders/

Last edited:
UPDATE: According to Disney, the MagicBands will be available for purchase starting on May 15, 2019. Guests will be expected to pay $14.99 for each upgraded MagicBand at the time of selection. Upgraded MagicBands are non-returnable and non-refundable. This includes guests who have cancelled their reservations. In addition, if a reservation is cancelled, guests will be charged the full price (not the $14.99 discounted) rate for the MagicBands.

FWIW, not entirely sure of the accuracy of the starting date.

http://mickeyblog.com/2019/05/06/ch...y-world-onsite-guests-and-annual-passholders/

The actual cost will vary and guests will be given a credit of $14.99

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter