Magic Bands Upgrade

It's so frustrating. Every MagicBand I chose is "out of stock", I also tried it via Incognito Tab, but also without success.

The California Prop 65 warning is actually absurd. I was staying in a hotel out there a couple of years ago and there was a Prop 65 warning on the entrance wall to the hotel.

If the California politicians had their way, they would determine that living may contain a chemical that is known to cause cancer.

If the advisory on the magic bands bothers you that much, you might as well lock yourself in a small room but be advised, something in that small room is probably subject to that advisory.

The California Prop 65 warning is actually absurd. I was staying in a hotel out there a couple of years ago and there was a Prop 65 warning on the entrance wall to the hotel.

If the California politicians had their way, they would determine that living may contain a chemical that is known to cause cancer.

If the advisory on the magic bands bothers you that much, you might as well lock yourself in a small room but be advised, something in that small room is probably subject to that advisory.
I have also seen this same warning on the walls of the main parking lot for Disneyland.

Managed to get the Jack Skeleton, Haunted Mansion and Star Wars Galaxies band last week after weeks of trying. They were not all of our first choices, but they were on the list. For a later trip I hope to get the Villains bands.

My trip is in 4 months but I was afraid to wait to order the bands because of the difficulty people seem to be having. I was checking for a couple of weeks but didn't have any specific bands in mind, just was waiting for two that both my husband and I liked to pop up simultaneously. Last Saturday I saw the 'Minnie dots and bows' and 'I am Mickey' bands so I was able to order them after 3 tries. I kept getting an error about my CC # being wrong (false) and had to use another card. At any rate, they arrived today just as I had ordered. I guess they aren't among the popular ones. They are very nice in person!

For those that have had success, Is there a particular time of day or day of the week that seems to help with ordering? I'm down to 26 days, and still can't get any 4 bands to go through. This whole process seems so unlike Disney.

I’ve poked around multiple times on the site and the choices are never broad enough to appeal to all four of us that are traveling. We are going to order plain bands and get decals like we usually do - there are so many great choices and it’s not worth my time to keep checking a website that just ends up frustrating the heck out of me. :badpc: My money can go to something that’s a sure thing and helps a small business owner at the same time.

For those of you that keep trying - May the odds be ever in your favor! :hippie:

I've decided to completely give up on us all finding bands we like at the same. I realized we can each order two custom skins for the price of one of these bands, and have two special ones on our next trip. The skins sites have a lot better selection than Disney. We already have bands of every color anyway, so they aren't going to keep me sucked up in the process any longer. :P

For those that have had success, Is there a particular time of day or day of the week that seems to help with ordering? I'm down to 26 days, and still can't get any 4 bands to go through. This whole process seems so unlike Disney.
I got our Halloween Edition bands at 7:30 or so in the morning, the very first day they came out with no problem. Those were for our AP bands. For our October trip, I was able to get Tinker Bell, Snack Mickey, and the Dole Whip band for part of my family. The rest just got plain bands. I placed that order sometime one afternoon.

However, I have still not been able to get the Little Mermaid, Stitch (with claws) or Pirates band. Those have come and gone numerous time, but I can't EVER complete an order. And I have been trying since May. We had our summer trip in July and never got to upgrade. It was a triple-split stay, so I had 3 chances to order.

I'm still hopeful I can snag those 3 for our Thanksgiving trip, but I'm not holding my breath. This whole system has been ridiculous from the start. So to answer your question, I don't think it really matters when you try to order. It appears just to be a matter of luck.

I got our Halloween Edition bands at 7:30 or so in the morning, the very first day they came out with no problem. Those were for our AP bands. For our October trip, I was able to get Tinker Bell, Snack Mickey, and the Dole Whip band for part of my family. The rest just got plain bands. I placed that order sometime one afternoon.

However, I have still not been able to get the Little Mermaid, Stitch (with claws) or Pirates band. Those have come and gone numerous time, but I can't EVER complete an order. And I have been trying since May. We had our summer trip in July and never got to upgrade. It was a triple-split stay, so I had 3 chances to order.

I'm still hopeful I can snag those 3 for our Thanksgiving trip, but I'm not holding my breath. This whole system has been ridiculous from the start. So to answer your question, I don't think it really matters when you try to order. It appears just to be a matter of luck.
Stitch is very difficult I think? I had to give up and get a different one after trying forever because that was the one I could never get or keep.

I am sorry you haven't been able to get them. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why some can or can't get them and when. I think it helps with us that it is just two people. I don't understand why you can't just purchase them individually for your group at separate times and have them all shipped together when the whole group has ordered. Wishing you luck!
Those are two of the ones I’ve been trying to get for months. You are lucky. I still have none.

I've decided to completely give up on us all finding bands we like at the same. I realized we can each order two custom skins for the price of one of these bands, and have two special ones on our next trip. The skins sites have a lot better selection than Disney. We already have bands of every color anyway, so they aren't going to keep me sucked up in the process any longer. :P

Yup gave up this am and splurged on skins that glow in the dark and new Minnie ears 😄

I was able to order some around 3:20 pm est. I was sitting in car line and the Halloween one popped back up. Got two of those plus the villains. I have also seen them early in the morning. We got in the mail maybe a week later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter