Magic Bands Order in Advance and Pick up at Hotel?

RG3

Earning My Ears
I planned a last minute trip to WDW for next week, and from searching in other threads, I know that it’s too late to buy Magic Bands and that we should just buy them upon arrival to the hotel and ask a CM to help us hook them up to our account.
However, my bf says he is ordering some online for pickup at the hotel?? I can’t find that option on the app, and I really don’t want him to order something thinking it will go to the hotel but have it end up shipping to our house after we’ve already left 😭😭😭.
Is ordering them for hotel pickup a thing? And, why can’t I find it on the app?

thanks!

IIRC, if you order after the shipping window closes, then the MBs will automatically sent to the hotel for pickup instead.

Otherwise, you have to enter in the resort hotel address as the shipping address.

An honest question: Why not ask your boyfriend to show you exactly what he's doing?
😭I did—-there was never a “pickup at hotel” option during the ordering process, only a prompt to enter an address.

If you click on the “why” under “Days to Complete Order”, it doe shows that if you order between 6-10 days before your trip they’ll ship to your hotel. Between 1-5 days prior you can’t order.
29B0D637-AF1A-4AAD-97A2-CFF3A1CDAF28.png

LOL at you thinking the BF will get it wrong.

You can just buy one at the hotel gift shop. Unless there is something very specific that you were looking for it

I'm months away from our trip and I've only ever seen the option "choose for pick up at hotel". no shipping option at all.

I just ordered mine for my October trip and they're shipping them! They are so inconsistent!

Your MagicBand Order Has Shipped
Sent via USPS - Tracking Number
Remember to bring your MagicBands with you.

LOL at you thinking the BF will get it wrong.

You can just buy one at the hotel gift shop. Unless there is something very specific that you were looking for it
LOL, I know 😭😭😭 I should give him more credit. In my defense, it’s his first trip ever, so I just want to make it perfect :)

love your profile photo, I’m a Deadhead too!

I'm months away from our trip and I've only ever seen the option "choose for pick up at hotel". no shipping option at all.
Are you from outside the US? I’m in Canada and they always pickup at the hotel - they can’t be shipped over borders, I think possibly because of the RFID or the battery?

Are you from outside the US? I’m in Canada and they always pickup at the hotel - they can’t be shipped over borders, I think possibly because of the RFID or the battery?
no, I'm in the US and Magic Bands shipped to us in the past so not sure why the difference this time

I ordered my magic bands for resort pickup because I booked last minute as well. Is there any reason to do mobile check in for the resort if I have to go to the front desk to pick them up?

Ours are being shipped to our house. I just got a tracking number today ... they arrive on Friday~!!! Hooray! It also depends on where he ordered them from? Shop Disney? Or on the actual WDW app with your reservation.

How long is shipping taking? Mine shipped this morning but now waiting for an update.

I got the "your magic bands order is in the works" email on July 15. Two days ago I got one saying it had been shipped. Today I got one saying it arrived in the city but was expected to be delivered by the 30th. Based on this I am saying that it will take 2 weeks to get "processed" and then "arrive" at your address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!