Magic bands and split reservations

adisneytraveler

Earning My Ears
I understand I will have two magic bands for our upcoming trip - one for a one night room only and one for a 4 night room, meal plan, and park tickets.
1) Will the bands be interchangeable?
2) Do I need to check in hotel #2 before my park tickets and meal plan are activated? Or can I just got straight to the park from hotel #1 and check in to hotel #2 later that evening?
Thanks for any help you can offer! :-)

The magic bands "should" be interchangeable because the link of ticket to band occurs through MDE.

You can tell your second hotel that you don't need the 2nd mb and they will get rid of it so you only have the one linked to your account

I understand I will have two magic bands for our upcoming trip - one for a one night room only and one for a 4 night room, meal plan, and park tickets.
2) Do I need to check in hotel #2 before my park tickets and meal plan are activated? Or can I just got straight to the park from hotel #1 and check in to hotel #2 later that evening?

1) Yes the bands are interchangeable (assuming they are both linked to your MDE profile).
2) You will need to activate the tickets first if they are part of a package. You can do this at GR up to three days in advance of the package (so you can do this on your first night of the first reservation). I'm not sure about the meal plan, though - you might have to wait until you check in to the second resort before you can use it.

:)

1)Yes
2) Yes, you must check in to activate your dining package.

And :welcome:

Thanks, everyone! I guess we'll make an early morning run to hotel #2 before hitting the parks to be sure everything is in order.

Thanks, everyone! I guess we'll make an early morning run to hotel #2 before hitting the parks to be sure everything is in order.

To activate your tickets, you don't need to go to the hotel; you can do it at any GR. But to activate your dining plan, I think that you need to go to the hotel and check in.

Any chance the meal plan can be activated early if I stop at hotel#2 on the first day when I'm staying at hotel #1? Or I just have to wait until the day the package starts? Thanks again for all your help!

Any chance the meal plan can be activated early if I stop at hotel#2 on the first day when I'm staying at hotel #1? Or I just have to wait until the day the package starts? Thanks again for all your help!

For the meal plan, you will need to wait until your check-in day for that plan. You cannot access your meal plan early.

Unfortunately, no. You can pick up package tickets 1-3 days early at GR at any of the 4 parks or at DTD (no water parks), but dining credits cannot be accessed until you physically check in for your package stay.

I am in the same situation and have received approximately 15 different answers from CM's and posters on here.:lmao: I have been told I can use the room only bands that day. Activate the next two sets to be interchangeable with park tickets. As for park entrance I have been told yes and no prior to checking in at next resort. More yes's than no's. What I have been told consistently however is I can enter the park before check in but not have my meal credits. You HAVE to check in for them to activate. I have also been told I can activate the bands up to three days prior to use so I can enter the park with out checking in. The last CM I spoke with on Monday told me 110% you can not enter the park until check in :rotfl2:. So bottom line is we arrive on Sunday and I will have my answers then! I will be happy to share them on this thread once I have the final outcome.:yay:

Okay. Not the answer I was looking for, but at least I can build the time in now to check in before leaving to spend the day at MK. Thanks everyone!

I am in the same situation and have received approximately 15 different answers from CM's and posters on here.:lmao: I have been told I can use the room only bands that day. Activate the next two sets to be interchangeable with park tickets. As for park entrance I have been told yes and no prior to checking in at next resort. More yes's than no's. What I have been told consistently however is I can enter the park before check in but not have my meal credits. You HAVE to check in for them to activate. I have also been told I can activate the bands up to three days prior to use so I can enter the park with out checking in. The last CM I spoke with on Monday told me 110% you can not enter the park until check in :rotfl2:. So bottom line is we arrive on Sunday and I will have my answers then! I will be happy to share them on this thread once I have the final outcome.:yay:

Yes, if you can share your experiences when you return, I would greatly appreciate it! Good luck to you! :-)

MBs are interchangeable, though sometimes you have to use each band on your room door before it will work at other doors at your resort for some reason.

You cannot activate dining credits until you check in for that reservation.

You can activate package tickets up to three days early at any guest relations. You don't have to check in to your package resort prior to entering a park but you do have to check in somewhere in a way. You'll need a photo ID and/or the credit card used to pay for the package.

MBs are interchangeable, though sometimes you have to use each band on your room door before it will work at other doors at your resort for some reason.

You cannot activate dining credits until you check in for that reservation.

You can activate package tickets up to three days early at any guest relations. You don't have to check in to your package resort prior to entering a park but you do have to check in somewhere in a way. You'll need a photo ID and/or the credit card used to pay for the package.

And are guest relations at the hotels? Or do I need to go to a park or downtown Disney?

Thanks for your help!

And are guest relations at the hotels? Or do I need to go to a park or downtown Disney?

Thanks for your help!

The only way to get the tickets early at a resort is if both stays are at the same resort. In that case, you would go to the resort concierge. You can pick up tickets early at guest relations at any of the 4 major parks or at DTD. You cannot do it at a water park.

The only way to get the tickets early at a resort is if both stays are at the same resort. In that case, you would go to the resort concierge. You can pick up tickets early at guest relations at any of the 4 major parks or at DTD. You cannot do it at a water park.

Okay, thanks again for the helpful info! Looking forward to our trip as long as I can figure out all the complicated logistics!:confused3

I just booked a room only at allstar movies before our package starts at Caribbean Beach (which there was no availability for the day I wanted to add). The CM told me 3 times I will not be able to use my tickets until the start date of my package. Is that true??? If so its OK with me but it seems like conflicting reports. Thanks

You can pick them up at any Guest Relations up to three days early. These are at each park and DD.

You actually can pick them up at the resorts early as well, but that is dependent on the CM knowing the rules, which they often don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter