Magic Band+

Jaylin

Mouseketeer
We are going the last week in July. Thoughts on whether or not I should get the magic bands online now (the selection is pretty good at the moment) or wait and see if the Magic Band+ will be released by then?

What is Magic Band +?!?! I just placed an order yesterday for magic bands for our August trip, had no idea something new was coming. :crazy2:

From what I have seen online about Magic Band +, they look amazing with some nice new features. There is no hurry in ordering a MB, so if interested in what MB+ can do, I would wait.
The idea of the golden statues talking just sounds fun.
However, it seems like Disney doesn't talk to themselves. It seems like one group is pushing hard to get rid of Magic Bands and forcing you to just use your phone for everything. Then, you have another group creating a new MB with new features that aren't available in any other way.

I would assume since people have already got them accidentally there release should be soon.

However, it seems like Disney doesn't talk to themselves. It seems like one group is pushing hard to get rid of Magic Bands and forcing you to just use your phone for everything. Then, you have another group creating a new MB with new features that aren't available in any other way.

I agree and since Disney IT is such a disaster, having various groups going in different directions also makes NO sense. How often does one of the Disney sites crash @ 7am when everyone is trying to make their Genie selections? Or the new midnight requirement to buy Genie for the next day? Many of the prior threads I have seen imply that Disney was doing away with MB's in favor of using your phone. Any new features added to the MB would obviously create more IT issues.

still no info :( I even used chat this morning to see if they had anything. nada.. was hoping they would release over this past weekend and that didnt happen.

I agree and since Disney IT is such a disaster, having various groups going in different directions also makes NO sense. How often does one of the Disney sites crash @ 7am when everyone is trying to make their Genie selections? Or the new midnight requirement to buy Genie for the next day? Many of the prior threads I have seen imply that Disney was doing away with MB's in favor of using your phone. Any new features added to the MB would obviously create more IT issues.
shoe string budgets will do that

We are going the last week in July. Thoughts on whether or not I should get the magic bands online now (the selection is pretty good at the moment) or wait and see if the Magic Band+ will be released by then?
Man, I didn’t realize they were going to cut us off from preorder one week out. I thought we were able to order and pick up there, but not so. Just a heads up if you wait.

Man, I didn’t realize they were going to cut us off from preorder one week out. I thought we were able to order and pick up there, but not so. Just a heads up if you wait.
that crashing seems less a problem with the “tech” department and more a problem with budgeting and planning. I am sure they could operate it to easily handle the traffic at 7am, but that would mean investing more money in the system. I am sure the tech guys have asked for it over and over and are constantly told to make do.

Our old "free" bands still work great. We won't order new. Small savings add up. Personal choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!