Magic Band Shipping

Salf777

Mouseketeer
So I ordered and paid for special magic bands for an upcoming trip. I received an email saying they were shipped on March 6th and provided a tracking number.
When I check the tracking it still shows "on the way to USPS."
Has this happened to anyone? I believe I saw it mentioned before and wondering if everyone is experiencing these delays?
I understand these are trying times and the post office is behind but I figured in 10 days they should have reached the post office by now?
I have time until my trip and can wait just curious if this is happening to anyone else

Our most recent set probably took about 2 weeks to arrive and we live one hour from Davenport FL where they originated.

Not sure if the hold up is USPS or the 3rd party shipping company (One Stop Mailing) that Disney is using.

Our most recent set probably took about 2 weeks to arrive and we live one hour from Davenport FL where they originated.

Not sure if the hold up is USPS or the 3rd party shipping company (One Stop Mailing) that Disney is using.
Yes that’s what it says “awaiting item from OSM”
I’ll be patient Thanks

10 days is way too long for your package to still be "on the way" to USPS.

Not sure who to contact, but it would certainly be reasonable for you to contact Disney to inquire about the status of your Magic Band shipment.

I ordered a special one for my wife's stocking for Christmas, about three weeks prior to Christmas. It arrived three days after.

Luckily, her birthday is five days after Christmas.

So I tried a chat with Disney and her response was “you can contact the post office if you want”. Seriously she said nothing she can do and I can contact the post office. I said according to this the post office doesn’t have it yet. She said then I can contact the post office when they have it. I said that’s the point 10 days and they don’t have it. So her final response was basically they can’t do anything

Our bands for January trip arrived at our house one day after we arrived at WDW, so basically useless. We have many but it’s the principle that we bought the January ones specifically for that trip and did so a month in advance of the trip. There are multiple reports on these boards of receiving bands AFTER the trip.

USPS is over worked and over loaded. I have ordered 20 items from 20 different companies in the last 4 months. Most orders have given me that same WAITING ON USPS. I found there was nothing to do but be patient. I get it , it is VERY hard to just watch your package just sit in limbo for many days

So I tried a chat with Disney and her response was “you can contact the post office if you want”. Seriously she said nothing she can do and I can contact the post office. I said according to this the post office doesn’t have it yet. She said then I can contact the post office when they have it. I said that’s the point 10 days and they don’t have it. So her final response was basically they can’t do anything

My bands were sent mid-January and never arrived for my February 21, 2021 trip. USPS had that bands were in transit for weeks
I called Disney about 2 weeks before my trip. After 40 minutes on hold, CM told me to call the post office. I was told that after my Disney trip I would be able to get a refund through Disney Merchandise services. Nothing Disney would do prior to my arrival. The CM did say I would be given “complimentary keycards” at my check in to use in place of my missing bands.

To get my refund was another 40 minutes on hold and the CM needed my resort confirmation number to confirm that my trip was truly already over before my refund was issued.

disney merchandise Services (877)560-6477

To add another data point for recent Magic Band shipping experiences:

I ordered a Magic Band on March 30 and to my surprise it was shipped the next day. It was picked up in Florida by shipping partner OSM WORLDWIDE. On April 3 it was given to the USPS in central PA. On April 4 it made its way to the area distribution center in western PA. 6 days later it was at the Pittsburgh regional center. It sat for most of those 6 days without moving because this was a distance I could have driven myself in less than an hour. Two days later it was delivered to me - today.

Travel: Davenport FL to Pittsburgh PA
Time: 13 calendar days

Post script:
My trip is not until November, so I was extremely surprised the band shipped so quickly. I think I know the reason now - I received an Annual Passholder slider with it. Seems like Disney treated this as a free AP Magic Band. Two odd aspects of this:
(1) My last WDW trip was in 2018 and I didn't renew my AP after that because I went to Disneyland in 2019. I was ready to buy an AP for my upcoming trip but as we know WDW isn't selling new AP's yet.
(2) I was never charged for this Magic Band. I ordered one of the solid color bands, and I realized I was never asked for a credit card or other payment method for the $5 charge. As I think back, it never even mentioned a charge. I have a credit card attached to my Disney account, but no charge has been put through. At this point I'm going to chalk it up to extra pixie dust.

Oh, DeJoy of dealing with USPS these days . . . :duck:

. . . I'll see myself out.

Last edited:
For my trip in March 2021, I placed my order for my magic bands in October 2020 & they arrived in November 2020. My cousins ordered their bands in February for the same trip & their bands arrived 1 day after they returned home from WDW. They spoke to their resort when they checked in to explain that their MBs never arrived, they were refunded for the MBs & given solid color MBs for no extra charge. I would say that the lesson learned is to order them ASAP which may limit the selection that's available, but I'd rather have my MBs than not. They are definitely convenient!

Ordered three sets of bands (a split stay, and AP bands) on April 4th. Offers are placed within a 5 min window of each other. One set (the last to be ordered) shipped on April 6. The other two shipped on April 7. Tracking showed each set took a different route from Florida. The set that shipped on the 6th, arrived here in Oregon yesterday. One of the others is in Reno, NV today, while the other is in Las Vegas. USPS tracking still says they have not received the items from the shipping partner. That includes the one USPS delivered yesterday.

I am continually amazed by just how inept the USPS is. Why bother even having a tracking option when they obviously don't actually track anything. I've decided that USPS just makes stuff up randomly so they can say they have a tracking feature.

Steve

Our bands for January trip arrived at our house one day after we arrived at WDW, so basically useless. We have many but it’s the principle that we bought the January ones specifically for that trip and did so a month in advance of the trip. There are multiple reports on these boards of receiving bands AFTER the trip.

The same happened to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter