Magic Band on 3 and 4 year old

Gwoman8920

Mouseketeer
We received our Magic bands! Yay! It's getting so close! 23 more days!!!

Quick questions to the veterans that have been with kids:

How did you handle magic bands with your kids. Preferably an answer for those under 5 years. How did you deal with size? It swallows both my kids wrists. Did you cut some excess off? Did you just end up wearing 2? Yours and your kids?

Any advice would be appreciated. The magic Keepers are a no. I don't like them lol! Thanks for any advice!!!!

Did you punch out the colored part from the black? It makes the band much much smaller! We got a pack of BitBelts from Amazon - the Jr. ones work on adult sized bands, too. My daughter (4) enjoyed picking which color(s) she wanted to use and it kept it on for our week long trip.

BitBelts on Amazon

Can you believe I just searched on YT and there is no how to video? only for the older MB. Which is the same thing, or at least I hope! :)

My three year old won't keep his on his wrist, so I hold on to it and give it to him when we go through FP+, park entrances, etc. He gets a real kick out of using his MB then, but quickly loses interest after the touch points :-)

My 3 and 5 year olds would wear it for part of the day and then take it off. My DH and I would each wear one when they took it off. They would want it back on to scan in for a fast pass.

We just did a combo of taking the grey part off to get the band to fit on our three year old son and daddy holding onto it the band throughout the parks. Our son didn't want it on the whole time.

Starting when our ODD was 3, we got her a lanyard and attached the MB to that. She could wear it more comfortably than on her wrist, and could take it off if she didn't feel like wearing it any more.

My 4 year old wore hers, 2 year old did not. Rip off the extra grey part and it's much better on them.

Also, piece of advise for park entry. Use your fingerprint! Avoids so much time, tears, etc, lol

My three year old won't keep his on his wrist, so I hold on to it and give it to him when we go through FP+, park entrances, etc. He gets a real kick out of using his MB then, but quickly loses interest after the touch points :-)

Absolutely this. My three year olds love theirs at home, but never while we are there.

My 3 year old loved wearing hers. She knew if she wanted to go to Disney she had to wear it, but she never once complained. We let her pick hers ( princess...plus we all use beltbits to help them stay on). I will say the last day her fingerprint wouldn't work and they had to reset it as mine. But not really a big deal.

When my daughter was 3, she wore it for a little while but the novelty wore off. That said, one of her grandparents bought her a small stuffed toy (lion king cat of some sort) that she couldn't live without, and so the magic band turned into its collar. It worked, we kept it in a special pocket of the backpack when we went on rides.

That said - those magic band buddies look amazing. Definitely checking into those further!

My 4 year old wore hers, 2 year old did not. Rip off the extra grey part and it's much better on them.

Also, piece of advise for park entry. Use your fingerprint! Avoids so much time, tears, etc, lol
The CMs recommended that we use our finger prints as well. The kids kept having issues.

My 3 yo kept taking hers off. I just linked hers from mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter