Mad to go in August??

To me, give me the christmas season anytime over summer. I just love all the christmas decorations and christmas music (though I do go early December) but just as magical. I find when we have been first week of December (mid week) it has been very quiet. :goodvibes

we are limited to school holidays, or weekends unfortunately :(

We are going in August this year, we are also restricted to school hols.....Im hoping as we survived Christmas that we will survive the summer too! :)

I'm still not keen on going in August with a 3 year old. I would love to go in the Summer but i think i would suffer from people rage :lmao:

We are going in August this year, we are also restricted to school hols.....Im hoping as we survived Christmas that we will survive the summer too! :)

Hopefully you will find it a lot easier / better like we did :thumbsup2

you can always go to the park early,get a load of rides done
then go back to the hotel or the village for some down time mid afternoon

then head back into the park early evening ish for more rides / parades etc :goodvibes

we only queued for an hour once,in aug

i won't / don't queue for that long either :rotfl:

price you pay though if limited to school hols :(

you don't have that prob for years yet ? most schools with authorise up to 10 days a year ( so 2 weeks between during each school year,sept and july )

until my eldest was in secondary school,i used to take them both out of school during term time

only ever a week ,so didn't take the pee like some parents do !

Hopefully you will find it a lot easier / better like we did :thumbsup2

you can always go to the park early,get a load of rides done
then go back to the hotel or the village for some down time mid afternoon

then head back into the park early evening ish for more rides / parades etc :goodvibes

That sounds like a good plan!
Tbh we coped fine at Christmas as we made the most of the EMH and we just didnt bother with the long queues we did something else instead....so we will do the same again in the summer...

I just cant wait to go back! :banana:

Thanks for all the replies. We've agreed to wait until she starts school and see how things are going before thinking about booking. I believe Disney doesn't release hotels until much nearer Sept/Oct for Christmas anyway. And I don't think Easyjet flights seem to be changing much in price these days - it's about the same when you book - not like the old days where it was sooo cheap if you booked first off.

We will only go if we do midweek (well flying Sun but we get there late) and v late Nov/early Dec... So hopefully it wouldn't be too crowded.

I think sadly we've had the 'best time' to visit Disney - our first last year at end Sept as it was just so perfect park wise - weather wasn't always great but not cold really. I think we've spoilt it for ourselves :rotfl:

join the club lol. our last two trips were so great i dont think we can top them lol. nothing really went wrong. weather was great in october and good enough for feb so cant complain.

heres hoping that its wonderful whenever we go lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter