Mad at the Disney Club!

We save much more than the annual DC membership cost on passes and other purchases.
The membership is worth it for us!

ralphd:D :D :D :D

I am very happy with the Disney Club Card - Love that 800 #, used it for lots of calls yesterday.

So far with the Disney Club, I have gotten....
+ $50 credit on 9/28 cruise
+ Saved $395 on WL package for 12/4 to 12/8 (All other codes were taken, but after DC/DISSavers rebate it will be 908.62 for 2 adults, 5 day UHP and standard view)
+ $50 credit on 12/8 cruise

Works for me !!

Agree that resort discounts aren't worth it now with the codes becoming available, but:

Disney magazine is fun to get, gives me my fix
We shop at Disney store occasionally, such as for last year's Pooh bumblebee halloween costume for my DS (he was just too damn cute!)
We will use it at Downtown Disney during our December visit
We will probably use a couple of the restaurant discounts during our visit
We will probably play mini golf and take the 15% discount
We may use the 20% off golf rates if we don't get better through SoG or Emerald Club
The 800 number

I'll be keeping our membership for all of this.

Don't forget there is a good discount for the golfers too. I got it for the tickets and the golf discounts.

Carol

Just had to reply to this.

I completely understand your frustration. I can always find better deals on packages and hotels than what the Disney Club Card offers through a little research and this wonderful DIS Board - not to mention all the friendly and generous people who visit it.

But . . .

I love the deal we got on our Annual Pass using this card. And DH & I more than get our money worth with our discounts at the Disney Store, although I wish we could use the coupons they occasionally hand out with it. Plus the 800 # is wonderful when you don't want a huge phone bill.

Originally posted by disneyhottie
I have found that AAA gives us the same discounts as the Disney Club.We recieved a better rate at BWI thru AAA then with Disney Club.You can also use AAA at restaurants and recieve 10% off total bill.I agree,I think that we should get better discounts with Disney Club!:smooth:

You can use AAA at any restaurant at WDW for 10% off? That's good to know!!!!

How often does the Disney Magazine come out? I joined several months ago, and just realized we've received only one or two issues.

Lori

Monstermom I think there are only 4 issues a year actually for spring summer fall & winter.

I have a question though since I just joined the disney club and my dd being 9 yr old now isn't really into wearing too much disney clothes I'm wondering if even though I'm a DC member can I still use the regular codes that come out to book a room because I'm a single mother and need all the help I can get. We are planning a trip this April 2003 and I am planning on some good codes coming out and thought if there weren't any I could always rely on the DC. Do the regular codes supercede the DC and can we use it in addition or in place of the DC??? Any answers are appreciated.

1998/ POR
2002/ CSR
2003/ ?

jewelray, it is my understanding that you can use any codes you want. I've read of people who first booked using DC discounts and then changed to a better code when it came out later. That is my plan for next time - I'm also a single mom and understand the need to find savings wherever you can!

Thanks for the magazine info. too!

Lori

MickeysMonstersMom, thanks for your answer to that ? because I definitely don't want to lose out on better codes next time. PM me if you'd like to chat some more.

Julie

I understand as we got at better deal with a code than our DC membership on hotels. But we save $50 on PHP plus savings on miniature golf, some restaurants, discount on DQ will be about $20 worth. It turned out to be not as great of savings as I though but still worth the $ I think.

Originally posted by BrianD

I pretty sure that's not true...:rolleyes:

Not that I'd be trying to use it at Victoria & Albert's. (I don't have enough credit references for a PS at V&A :p) Someone earlier posted that you could use it at restaurants... is there a list anywhere of those which will give that discount?

Mousesavers.com doesn't list any AAA discounts on restaurants, even though she has info on AAA discounts on hotels and tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter