Mad at the Disney Club!

jeank74

<font color=CC66CC>A happy newlywed!<br><font colo
While everyone is receiving great news from Disney about the code, I am kinda mad at the Disney Club because of the code....

My trip will be in October this year. As claimed on the Disney Club website, DC rate is only available for Nov and Dec, and only limited amount of DC rate would be applied to trips in October. Since my travelling date is very close to the Halloween time, I guess I am not entitled to DC rate.

Nevertheless, my lovely Dreams Unlimited Agent, Rob, still got me more savings from the rate that I received from DC earlier in March. :p But the saving is from the codes that are available to the general public. Since I don't buy stuff from Disney Stores, now I regret that I joined Disney Club.....

Does any other DC member feel the same way as I do? Let's vent!
:mad:

I have found that AAA gives us the same discounts as the Disney Club.We recieved a better rate at BWI thru AAA then with Disney Club.You can also use AAA at restaurants and recieve 10% off total bill.I agree,I think that we should get better discounts with Disney Club!:smooth:

I'm not hoppin' mad or such but I agree I thought maybe that would be a good system to go with. I also have a 'disney princess daughter' sooooo I make use of the disney store outlet section online. I don't feel it will be a wasted investment for me. Some of the restaurants will give a discount if you show the DC at the World don't they?? maybe you won't feel cheated if that is true? It looked today like across the board, the general public rates were cheaper than with DC. *maybe they need a well written e-mail from you*?:smooth:

I justify Disney Club membership with the savings on the AP's. Anything else I get is gravy!

Well, I did not renew my DC membership. When I buy new AP's (maybe the end of next year), I'll probably sign up just for the discount on the AP's.

I quit my membership with the Disney Club this year. I was able to get bigger discounts using codes available to the general public or through Amex. I hated having to pay upfront with Disney Club and prefer making my ressies through CRO. DC was ALWAYS late with my Disney Magazine and the discounts at the Disney Store are useless for me. Even the crappy coupons they sent were worthless SINCE THEY WERE ALWAYS LATE! They had usually expired by the time we got them!

DC works for us because we shop at DS and online.

Also discount at DTD and the reduced price for APs.

I would not get it for the discount on rooms and packages - it does not pay IMO....

We buy it because of the discounts we get buying the 4 AP's.

When I first joined the Disney club in Feb 2001 I was dissapointed. I felt the only page you could access on the Disney Club benefist was misleading regarding the hotel savings. So I thought I would be hard pressed to break even. But in March 2001 when i purchased AP's for the first time I ended up getting my money back (when I joined the DC I didnt know I was going to purchase AP's). I then found that make many purchases from the Disney Store and Disney Store Online ( always catching a sale :) and Im thinking my family and friends are getting tired of disney themed presents :) ).

I can see where you might see its not worth the membership fee.

Now I find some people that I know are starting to see less incentives for buying the AP's since for the past year the discounts for anybody have been better then the AP rates. If you are on the fence of the AP's breaking even or if you are not sure you will make more then one trip in a year why buy the AP if you can feel confident that good rates for the general public will be offered.

Thanks for your encouragement...

Perhaps I will buy AP just right before my DC memberhsip is about to expire......

Originally posted by StrwLady
If you are on the fence of the AP's breaking even or if you are not sure you will make more then one trip in a year why buy the AP if you can feel confident that good rates for the general public will be offered.

We buy AP's because we go a lot...lately the codes have been as good or better than the AP rates.

I agree with Granny...

I make my money back when purchasing APs. Any other savings is great!

...does anyone know the price of adult and child 5-day Plus PH tickets for Disney Club members?

I also thought about not renewing my membership but I've decided I probably will. Last year I more than recouped the membership price with the savings from National and AP's. Before I got the membership, I paid for the Disney Magazine, and probably would again if I didn't have membership. So, I figure the membership is really the 30 bucks or so minus what I would pay for the magazine. That little bit can easily be saved from discounted purchases here and there.

Yes, I agree with you, Jean. I wasn't going to re-join this year, but I did, and WILL NOT re-join next year. I REALLY do not USE the card that much, and Hardly ANYONE accepts it anymore. Plus DTD you have to buy 25.00 worth of stuff in order to save.:rolleyes: I get better codes with Mousesavers and DON'T have to go through the Travel Club!:mad:

I think the DC is worth it if you shop at the Disney Store or through the Disney Catalog fairly often. If you're joining just for the resort discounts, then unless you are traveling during peak season, then it is NOT worth it.

I got it for resort discounts, but wasn't impressed with the discounts. However, I found that it paid for itself with the purchase of our park passes (6 Day php; 2 adult, 1 child.) Add to that a few Disney store trips- not many, we're not big merchandise people-- and it ended up saving us a little money. I haven't renewed yet, but I probably eventually will before my next trip; just for the park discounts.

When I originally got the Magic Kingdom Card, I got it for the discounts on the rooms. Then they changed it to the Disney Club. I wasn't really sure if I should get it when I did (and then it was a 2 year deal), but am I ever glad I did. I renewed this year not because of the deals on the rooms, but because of the discount on tickets and at the Disney Store. We get the membership back in the cost of the tickets. Next year we probably won't have any trips (my daughter will be in college), but I'll still probably renew. I probably spend enough in the local Disney Store(s) to pay for it - even if I don't, knowing it's in my pocket gives me a good excuse to browse.

Of course, this isn't to say that I wouldn't love to have more discounts.

MJames41 - I don't mean to digress from the topic of this thread, but after looking at your signature I have to say that you put the HOP in Resort-hopping!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter