M & M Meat Shops

Nora03

DIS Veteran
Is there anything in Florida like M & M Meat Shops? We think they're great for an easy meal and thought it would be great to get some of their products while in Florida.

Thanks, Nora

As far as I know there are no M&M's in the States but their grocery stores have a much wider variety of "easy to prepare" meals than our stores here do. I could spend forever in the grocery stores down there just looking at all the different products you can get there compared to here.

I love M&M Meat Shops, not just for convenience, but because if you look at the ingredients for the food, it doesn't list 20 different ingredients, most of which you can't even pronounce. So, compared to the typical boxed, frozen food, I love that I still feel I'm making fairly healthy choices when I cook food from M&M.

If there was a similar place in the WDW area I would definitely be stocking up for our 2 week vacation.

The US does not need stores similar to M&M...check out the several huge Publix supercenters near Disney (near I-4 - just Google map them). We have been in a couple of them picking up a few things and ended up wandering aorund for an hour or so...Various stores have such a larger selection of prepackaed meals it is mind boggling..and most have a hot serve counter as well with fresh stuff hourly ( not daily) that is way way cheaper then any Disney stuff..

What I really like about the US grocery stores is they are already up on the low sodium alternatives..as a person that has to watch the salt, they have all sorts of low sodium soups and even low sodium cheese and ham slices - try to find that in Canada....they even have no salt Ketchup...

Now if you really want to be boggled and you are driving down stop in to any Wegman's in NY state..they make our Loblaw's supercenters look like a corner grocery store...

Also for smaller stores there used to be Winn Dixies and even Walmart supercenters down there have prepackaged foods...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!