Lyft promo codes applied for Minnie Vans?

Commander Cody

I have a bad feeling about this.
Does anyone know if the Lyft new rider promotion that gives you $10 off your first 5 rides also includes Minnie Van service??

Not sure. We used Lyft the first time in Disney twice. The first time my dh ordered one to come it was not a Minnie van but a minivan. Oh well, it saved us $$$. The next time I didn’t care, the novelty wore off of being in one.

I took two Minnievan trips last week, and for some reason I got 25% off of both of them. So some discounts will be applied.

Does anyone know if the Lyft new rider promotion that gives you $10 off your first 5 rides also includes Minnie Van service??
Generally, I would expect any Lyft Orlando promotion to work, but sometimes the promotions are limited to a certain market. I know the first time I used Lyft was in Chicago, but my new rider promo was only good in Chicago, so I only got one discounted ride.

Promotions have nothing to do with the person or company Lyft is paying. They are discounts between you and Lyft in exchange for your business. The driver (or in the case of MinnieVans, Disney) gets paid the same -- as if you'd paid full price.

While they were not new rider codes any promotion code Lyft has sent me has been valid on any of my Minnie Van trips.

Not sure. We used Lyft the first time in Disney twice. The first time my dh ordered one to come it was not a Minnie van but a minivan. Oh well, it saved us $$$. The next time I didn’t care, the novelty wore off of being in one.
You don't mention if your DH specifically selected the Minnie Van class of service or just selected a ride. If he selected a Minnie Van and got a regular ride that's odd. If he didn't realize it, he probably figured it out, but you have to switch to Minnie Van specifically

DW and I both have been given different Lyft discounts when we arrived at WDW. I have $3 off the next 10 rides, and she has 25% off. Both discounts worked with Minnie Van (of course we used mine).

I think we were there by 7:20 but as @dansdad said, it can depend on may factors.

This particular day, we were not rope dropping FOP.

You don't mention if your DH specifically selected the Minnie Van class of service or just selected a ride. If he selected a Minnie Van and got a regular ride that's odd. If he didn't realize it, he probably figured it out, but you have to switch to Minnie Van specifically

I don’t think he specifically picked a Minnie. I know he said we needed an XL and I would if said...wait...does it have dots? It doesn’t matter. The novelty wore off on me riding in one since the regular Lyft was cheaper.

I don’t think he specifically picked a Minnie. I know he said we needed an XL and I would if said...wait...does it have dots? It doesn’t matter. The novelty wore off on me riding in one since the regular Lyft was cheaper.
Ah, ok. Makes sense then. You do have to specifically select Minnie Van as a class of service (for those reading alone who may not know) otherwise, you get just any ole vehicle in the area that fits as a XL, X or whathaveyou. Minnie Van is a single type vehicle found nowhere but Disney. (again, for those reading along who may not know)

Ah, ok. Makes sense then. You do have to specifically select Minnie Van as a class of service (for those reading alone who may not know) otherwise, you get just any ole vehicle in the area that fits as a XL, X or whathaveyou. Minnie Van is a single type vehicle found nowhere but Disney. (again, for those reading along who may not know)

I was a little miffed at first, you know expecting polka dots vs the gray Honda, lol! But once he told me how much it was, I got over it! $13 vs $25 hmmm...sounds like 2 Mickey sandwiches to me!

DW and I both have been given different Lyft discounts when we arrived at WDW. I have $3 off the next 10 rides, and she has 25% off. Both discounts worked with Minnie Van (of course we used mine).
??? 25% of $25 is way more than $3.

Generally, I would expect any Lyft Orlando promotion to work, but sometimes the promotions are limited to a certain market. I know the first time I used Lyft was in Chicago, but my new rider promo was only good in Chicago, so I only got one discounted ride.

Promotions have nothing to do with the person or company Lyft is paying. They are discounts between you and Lyft in exchange for your business. The driver (or in the case of MinnieVans, Disney) gets paid the same -- as if you'd paid full price.
So if we have never used Lyft before should we wait to download and add any promos codes until we are actually in Orlando?

I'm playing around with the app before my upcoming trip (YAY!!!) and the discount code shows it applying to a Minnie Van ride.

So after I use my pre-loaded discounts, how do I get more? Will any appear in the app after using them all up?

I'm playing around with the app before my upcoming trip (YAY!!!) and the discount code shows it applying to a Minnie Van ride.

So after I use my pre-loaded discounts, how do I get more? Will any appear in the app after using them all up?
It's unlikely that you'll get any additional promotions while at Disney using Lyft for the first time.

Promotional discounts vary all over the ballpark with both companies, and they are usually market-specific. Sometimes they offer promotions because their business is lagging in a particular market, or with a particular class of service. Sometimes they do it to introduce new products. Sometimes they reward "frequent flyers." There is really no consistent pattern to it.

Just check your app frequently because most of the promotions are seriously time-limited.

Ok thanks. Its no big deal but just wanted to be clear on how the discounts work.
You are such a wealth of information! Thanks for all your help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter