LURKYLOO's Wedding Trippie: Morocco/Attic/Lower UK: Wedding Album + Gown Preservation

Loving your TR, Carrie! The sneak peak pics you have are amazing and the pictures of you and Wendy are gorgeous!

You are doing a fabulous job with your story telling. I have learned so much from you and I caught a few things that I will need to follow up on - like the water from Costco's and the postcards.

Anyhow - "booh" to the Haters
Love the locket with your mom
Love the vendor reviews
Love that you talked about the bikini wax - something many would skip over, but countless others could possibly benefit from knowing

Looking forward to following the rest of your story (when you have time)!!

I don’t know if I can explain this, but in the weeks leading up to the wedding I had occasionally had the thought that I didn’t want the wedding day to actually come, because what if it didn’t turn out as well as I’d hoped and planned? Despite all the work we’d done and all the excitement I’d built up, I would have flashes where I wanted the wedding to remain something to imagine and anticipate. Is that weird? When the alarm went off at 4:00, I snapped wide awake and had another twinge of that feeling. I knew that I would have to control my perfectionist streak and, for once, just go with the flow, or else I might ruin the day for myself. I also really wanted to be emotionally present throughout the day – I didn’t want to later feel that everything had gone by in a big blur and I had missed my own party. So I lay there for a few minutes and thought about the true meaning of the day: expressing love for DF and for all our guests. I knew that if everything I did reflected that love, I couldn’t screw anything up.

I had about half an hour before Patricia was scheduled to come do my makeup, and I enjoyed the peace of being alone as I started to get ready. Even after Patricia got there, it was very mellow because it was just the two of us – another reason I chose not to have a gaggle of bridesmaids. I didn’t even feel worried when Patricia called to say she was running late. She was scheduled to arrive at 4:30 because I’d told her I had to be ready at 6:30 so I could have 30 minutes of leeway before the photographers and videographers arrived. I knew that the moment they showed up, the gates would open and we’d be off and running.

0005_0009J.jpg

I can’t remember exactly how late Patricia was – she couldn’t find anyone at the valet stand at 4:30am, so she had to park in the boonies and schlep all her stuff. The first thing she did was put my hair in fingerwaves, and then we talked about the makeup I’d brought. I’m very picky about color, and I wanted formulas that would last all day without reapplying. I found that Vincent Longo Pearlessence Gel Stain in Dolceaqua was a good base, and I liked the nonsticky quality of Paul & Joe Lip Gloss in 05, which is shimmery but doesn’t settle into the lines in your lips and make them look wrinkly. For my eyes I brought a Laura Mercier Eye Color Quad in grays that I’ve never been able to make look good on me, but Patricia worked wonders with them. And I brought my own mascara ‘cuz I don’t like to share (CoverGirl LashExact Waterproof). And I invested in Model in a Bottle after hearing about some of the other makeup artists using setting spray. Everything else was Patricia’s.

Initially I told her I didn’t want to use airbrush makeup because I’d heard that it doesn’t last as long as traditional makeup. She said that real airbrush makeup lasts longer than regular foundation, but that many makeup artists skimp by using regular foundation in their airbrushes because they don’t want to pay for airbrush foundation – or they tell people that it doesn’t last so that they don’t have to offer it. Interesting.... Her airbrush makeup job lasted 18 hours! I started to get a little antsy when I saw that it was 6:30 and my hair was still in rollers. Patricia sensed this and picked up the pace, while doing everything she could to reassure me. When she took the finger waves down, I loved the way my hair looked just like that, but it was prolly really fake-y. She brushed through the curls and then began twisting and pinning up sections of my hair. I have a LOT of hair, so this seemed to take forever, and I was getting more and more freaked out.

When Nathan & Jensey knocked on the door, I had my Bridezilla moment for the day. I said some swears... (Patricia didn’t bat an eye). I was still in my robe, so I cracked the door and frantically told Nathan he had to wait outside but that Jensey could come in. She was so great – while I stood in front of the mirror barking out orders to ever-patient Patricia (“Pin that curl there!” “More height in front!”), Jensey quietly slipped around the room taking pictures like these:

0001_0003J_1.jpg

0016_0023J.jpg

0023_0033J.jpg

This is all Nathan could take pictures of...
0024_0034J.jpg

0025_0037J.jpg

I got into my dress by myself (hooray for zippers!!!) and Patricia gently set the fragile fascinator in my hair. I fastened my necklace, stepped into my shoes, grabbed my purse full o’ crap (room card, hankie, bobby pins, chalk, Tide to Go pen, lip stain, gloss, ear plugs, blister blockers, Hollywood Fashion Tape, white plastic bag to sit on for photos [didn’t happen]), and had about 15 seconds to glance in the mirror and mutter, “Good enough!” before I dashed out the door. When I got in the elevator with Nathan & Jensey I felt overwhelmingly glad to have them there. I’d only met them a few times, but it felt like having two friends to send me off on my big adventure (or, as Nathan joked, two “paid friends”!).

It was really important to me that DF and I have a “first look” where the photographers and videographers captured us seeing each other for the first time. That way we could have the best of both worlds: We could take all our photos together before the ceremony and still capture that special first-look moment. Plus, this gave us a chance to actually spend time together talking when we met, instead of having to wait through the entire ceremony to share our excitement.

Sneaking up on DF
0029_0046N_12.jpg

First look!
0031_0048N_1.jpg

The waterworks...
0036_0058J.jpg

The next thing that was really important to me was mailing our Disney Dreams Giveaway postcards. We’ve been entering Disney’s Year of a Million Churros... er, Dreams contest by mail every day since it started in September 2006 (do the math on that... it’s more like the 27 Months of A Million Dreams!). We’ve only missed a handful of days sending in postcards, and I thought it a testament to our dedication that we mail them on our wedding day.

We hand the clerk our postcards to mail...
0041_0053N.jpg

...She hands us another set of Just Married buttons for the pile!
0043_0059N.jpg

After that was the only time during the day that things seemed like a blur. I don’t know where I got this idea (trip reports?), but I thought my WP would meet us in the lobby to tell us what to do and where to go.

¿Dónde está mi WP?
0064_0127J.jpg
0062_0122N_1.jpg

Now that I think about it, that doesn’t make sense because all she’d do would be point us in the direction of the limo and then have to get herself to Epcot. But at the time all I could think was, “Who in the %&#@! is gonna bustle this dress?” I’d asked Patricia, but she’d never done it before. I asked the Roots... nope. I asked Sage... no dice. I’m thinking, “These people work in the wedding business – they should know how to do a bustle in their sleep!!!” I’d printed (and laminated!) a little bustle diagram, which I was waving around like a stick of dynamite, apparently, because everyone was ducking it. So guess who saved the day....

0070_0144N_1.jpg

0073_0152N.jpg

I love that man! It took what seemed like an eternity, during which I realized I’d forgotten to have Patricia mist me with Model in a Bottle. Luckily she was still in the lobby, and she sweetly offered to go back up to my room and get it.

0074_0155J.jpg

Finally I realized my WP wasn’t coming and we needed to get into the limo. Nobody seemed to mind the delay. Now here’s something I think I maybe should have done differently.... I hate the way limos look. I grew up in a hot-rod household, and I have strong opinions about what makes a good-looking car. To me a limo is something that only high school prom-goers think is the height of sophistication and is really just an ugly white box (my apologies to my high school prom-going readers). The only time DF and I needed transportation all day was to get from the Beach Club to backstage at Epcot, so I picked a limo because it was the cheapest thing Disney offered (well, except for the Evil Towncars). But what I forgot was that there would be a bazillion pictures of us getting into and out of the dang thing – argh!

0079_0179N_1.jpg

Now I'm going to have to try and edit the limo out of our day. I shoulda hired the Rolls Royce.... but at least I was only $69 over my minimums! (Yes, they’ll be carving that on my tombstone.). Just for you, here are more contraband pictures of me ‘n’ Moby Dick: The Hideous White Limo.

About to do the Disney Brides patented sit ‘n’ spin, er... scoot!
0088_0194J.jpg

“If you put this photo on Internet, I kill you!”
0090_0199J_1.jpg

We piled into Moby D. with our entourage of paparazzi (two photogs and two videog...s?). It takes five minutes to walk from the Beach Club to Epcot, but it takes about 15 to drive there. This was good, because I needed time to put bits of Hollywood Fashion Tape on my necklace. Mme. Fortuna and I couldn’t get the crystals to stand apart the way I wanted, so I cut tiny squares of HFT and used them to stick each crystal to my chest.

DF spells our videographer
0097_0212N_1.jpg

We get to Epcot and pull up behind Morocco. The paparazzi tumble out of Moby D. and set up to capture The Bride Exiting the Car. The limo driver shuffles around to my side of the car and unceremoniously flings the door open, blocking the shot with his back. The paparazzi shoot each other knowing looks, and someone nicely asks him to do it again. Apparently he’d never opened a limo door for a picture before (and you can be dang sure he didn’t know how to bustle a dress!). This is the best we got...

0102_0233N_1.jpg

DF demonstrates proper limo-exiting procedure
0104_0242N.jpg

As we walked in the back gate we were met by the WP, at whom I shrieked, “Where were you?! I needed you to bustle my dress!” I know – classy... sorry WP!!! DF and I had a little more than an hour to take pictures together in Morocco and Japan. The BM and Mo’H would be coming on the party bus with our guests and the pastor because I wanted time alone with DF where we would feel comfortable enough to be ourselves in photos – which looks something like this:

0251_0555J.jpg

We spent half our time in Morocco and half in Japan. When we got to Japan, I was disappointed to see that the waterfall – the feature that made me pick Japan for our pictures – was behind maintenance walls. It felt like we took a lot of pictures in front of the Mitsukoshi department store – not exactly my idea of a Kodak Photo Spot… But of course, Nathan & Jensey knew exactly what they were doing, and the pictures turned out fabulously!

I’m about to reach my photo limit for this post, so I’ll do a separate one with just some pix from that hour....

Just about the time Nathan and Jensey got tired of watching me & DF smooch, the guests arrived and our WP radioed her assistant (who’d been shadowing us) to keep us hidden. I think it was Nathan who ran back to get shots of the ceremony set up.

0504_1209J.jpg

My cherished aisle petals… not blowing away!
0503_1207J.jpg

0526_1253J.jpg

0529_1259J.jpg

The assistant brought us water and my purse so I could touch up my lip gloss. One of the sound techs came to put DF’s microphone on him, and he asked me a few things about the way our ceremony music should be played. I was so grateful for that – I’d heard about problems with the ceremony songs being played wrong (or not at all) so it made me feel so much better to be able to tell him exactly what I wanted. (And it all ran perfectly!)

Finally we got the signal to move to the staging area around the corner from Morocco.

0557_1311N.jpg

I got to see my dad and brother for the first time, all dressed up in their spiffy tuxedos. As DF and I approached the group, I heard our first song – the one DF’s parents were supposed to walk in to - playing already and saw them standing there talking to the WP. I hollered, “They need to go! Go! GO! GO!!” and flapped my hands. (My WP was actually telling them exactly when to start walking, so it turned out fine.) And that was my last Bridezilla moment ever. From then on I just relaxed and had fun!

DF’s parents walked in to the main title music from The Wind & the Lion, which was my mom’s favorite movie. It takes place in Morocco and has a lush, sweeping score by Jerry Goldsmith. The next song was the love theme from the movie, which we played while no one walked down the aisle as a tribute to my mom. Then the pastor, the Best Man and the Man o’ Honor walked in to “007,” an alternate James Bond theme from From Russia With Love. DF’s song was “Life’s Incredible Again,” from The Incredibles – the night we met our conversation started when we discovered our mutual love for the film. My song, “Off to Work,” is also from “The Incredibles. It’s the perfect combo of Henry Mancini, John Barry and Jerry Goldsmith and very slinky. I’d thought about walking in to a very dramatic song from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End, but thought it might seem cheesy and regrettable in hindsight. (This didn’t stop us from using the Pirates bar-fight song “Two Hornpipes (Tortuga)” as our recessional!).

As we waited for our entrance, my dad recognized the music from The Wind & the Lion playing, and I told him about the locket on my necklace with my mom's pictures. It was a very touching moment, but I don’t think we were sad. It was just nice to acknowledge her presence at the wedding.

As we were waiting, and it didn’t seem like very long, I noticed my Wedding Coordinator was there. I was so excited to see him again and flattered that he had come to see the culmination of all the work we’d done (I’m sure that’s part of his job, but I was still impressed.) He came over and helped my WP unbustle my dress for the trip down the aisle. “Off to Work” started, but my WP held us for about 30 seconds so we wouldn’t get to the altar before the end of the song. And then we were off… creeping down the aisle. I am a fast walker, so this was pretty hard, but I thought about how I could just take in the whole scene and enjoy the moment.

What I saw
0574_1350N.jpg

What our guests saw
0610_1414N_1.jpg

0612_1418N_1.jpg

0634_1444J_12.jpg

This is me stage whispering to my dad, “Why are they all looking at us?!!”

0631_1438N.jpg

The ceremony was perfect. DF and I had taken the standard marriage ceremony that his pastor gave us and customized it so that it reflected our practice and beliefs (I am more churchy than DF, so I was delighted that he wanted to work on this together). Because the pastor has known DF’s family for many years and because we had met with him to work on the service, his homily was personal, warm, and funny. He later told us that we were one of the most “present” couples he’d married. We were both listening intently to his advice and the passages he read so we wouldn't miss this special moment.

0643_1458N_12.jpg

0648_1466J.jpg

0732_1608J_1.jpg

0725_1588N.jpg

We show off the pastor’s stole, which he had custom made in our colors
0723_1585J.jpg

DF read his vows first.
0741_1616N_1.jpg

0743_1617N.jpg

When I’d handed my purse back to our WP’s assistant, I realized I had no place to keep my vows during the ceremony, so I’d improvised….

0751_1638J_1.jpg

0757_1626N.jpg

After the vows, we exchanged rings, and we got to see the secret messages we’d chosen for each other. (We chose lyrics from Muppets songs.) DF had inscribed my ring with “Your lifetime friend,” and his said “Until forever.”

0766_1653N_1.jpg

FINALLY, we got to smooch. (I mean, it had been, like 20 whole minutes since we’d smooched.) We made it nice and long for the paparazzi!

0787_1715J_1.jpg

We were pronounced husband and wife with our original names (and it didn’t sound funny at all!), and then we stood around for a while waiting for everyone to figure out the petal toss. I knew I should have laminated a cheat sheet for that too…. Finally, halfway into “Two Hornpipes,” we walked back down the aisle.

0792_1693N.jpg

0796_1722J_12.jpg

HOORAY!

Aw - I love the 1st one of you two (the one in your siggy!) :goodvibes

And Patrick's fez!! :rotfl:

And and... that last one :lmao:

Yay trippie report!! popcorn::

I just want to say that you look absolutely stunning and I hope I look half as gorgeous on my wedding day! :)

D'oh!! :headache: There was more before I even got that last comment out!

:lmao: at the picture of you reaching into your dress for the vows!! That look on your face is priceless :thumbsup2

As I was reading, I thought, "Hey cool - their pastor's scarf thingy matches their wedding colors!"... then I got a little further :rotfl:

Carrie & Patrick are married now!! :banana: (Well, you know, in DISland!)

Love your day so far, you made me smile. I can also be a control freak so I am going to remember your words of wisdom on our wedding day.

OMG Carrie, I just had a similar experience to Romymichelle21. I LOVED the first new pic of you too smooching and then as I got further and further I realized that it wasn't my favorite. All of your pics are my favorite. Your ceremony looked so beautiful and the roots captured the energy perfectly.

YAY! Can't wait to se/reaad more

Patrick has my fez on! :laughing:

The picture of you searching in your bodice for your vows is priceless.:flower3:

If we get around to doing our VR at WDW and the Roots are still in the area. I'm calling them. I absolutely love your pictures, to me they are truly "photojournal" style and really seem to capture your and Patrick's personalitly. I'm sorry but some of the other fave photogs pictures to me now seemed rather "posed" compared to yours. :love:

Now waiting for the reception, I didn't really study that picture to see how many cans of soda you get for $900. :rotfl2:

So I lay there for a few minutes and thought about the true meaning of the day: expressing love for DF and for all our guests. I knew that if everything I did reflected that love, I couldn’t screw anything up.

you are exactly right! mark told me yesterday that he thought our wedding was so fabulous because we were so into "us" that no one would ever notice the little things that did or might have gone wrong.

Jensey quietly slipped around the room taking pictures like these:

0023_0033J.jpg

This is all Nathan could take pictures of...
0024_0034J.jpg

0025_0037J.jpg

you are so funny! that shoe pic is so great!

Now I'm going to have to try and edit the limo out of our day. I shoulda hired the Rolls Royce....

yes, but, you are tall like me and would have been uncomfortable in the rolls which is basically made for really short people, i had to duck my head while sitting in the car...

I needed time to put bits of Hollywood Fashion Tape on my necklace. Mme. Fortuna and I couldn’t get the crystals to stand apart the way I wanted, so I cut tiny squares of HFT and used them to stick each crystal to my chest.

BRILLIANT!!! i was wondering how you were getting that necklace to sit so perfectly!

they did such a good job with the chairs, they look beautiful.

these turned out really well also, i wonder if they took your jungle cruise idea :laughing:

As we waited for our entrance, my dad recognized the music from The Wind & the Lion playing, and I told him about the locket on my necklace with my mom's pictures. It was a very touching moment, but I don’t think we were sad. It was just nice to acknowledge her presence at the wedding.

tear. that is beautiful carrie.

We show off the pastor’s stole, which he had custom made in our colors
0723_1585J.jpg

love this, how sweet of him!

We were pronounced husband and wife with our original names (and it didn’t sound funny at all!)

this is great. i love it. i suggested this to mark and he almost had a heart attack...texas boys...

everything is so beautiful! the roots did a really really really fantastic job. i hope lindsay decides to use them.

Love the last photo with the petals. We were deciding between bubbles or petals and I think this photo has made us decide on the petals. We had our phone floral meeting yesterday and I asked Laura for the price for both.

Linda

What a stunning setting for a wedding! Even my DH, who is anti-wedding talk seeing as how we are already married...lol...said it was "cool"! (Really..he is a romantic, he just rolls his eyes whenever I show him yet another DIS bride picture!) We WILL do a VR someday! I do my best to use pictures of DIS bride weddings to entice him...and I think these may do it! Yay!! (he's got a soft spot for Morroco...loves the food and the ambience)

Can't wait for more!!!

Wow!

I have tears in my eyes reading about a strangers wedding!-although I feel I know you after reading your PJ!

You,and everything look stunning.

Awesome!!!!! Awesome!!!!! Awesome!!!!!

I just love your pictures - everything was beautiful!

Hurray indeed. And huzzah and cheerio and pip pip and all the rest. Oh it was lovely! :lovestruc And all the pictures are so beautiful and personalized that I'm giggling while I'm tearing up. Oh everything was just perfect. :hug:

Your ceremony sounds so special and unique. I love the personal touches especially the songs you chose. Everything was so beautiful!

Oh wow Carrie! You both looked fantastic, and like you were having SO much fun... everything I wish for from my wedding!!

Your photographs are amazing!!! I tried for Roots when we decided to get married as I loved their portfolio, but they were booked for our date... I just hope our wedding photos are half as good as yours, and I shall be really pleased indeed!!

Now I really need to get back to actually doing some work!! I'm working a 12 hour day today and my fellow Nurses are all chuckling at me sitting here all teary eyed reading your latest update!! They told me to tell you that you looked beautiful... Not only do you have all these Disney brides and Disney fanatics looking at your pics online... You also have half of the British National Health service staff too!!! :lmao:

What a stunning setting for a wedding! Even my DH, who is anti-wedding talk seeing as how we are already married...lol...said it was "cool"! (Really..he is a romantic, he just rolls his eyes whenever I show him yet another DIS bride picture!) We WILL do a VR someday! I do my best to use pictures of DIS bride weddings to entice him...and I think these may do it! Yay!! (he's got a soft spot for Morroco...loves the food and the ambience)

Can't wait for more!!!

Hey Lurky's pictures are working on my DH! Just keep showing them to him.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter