luggage storage

DisneyJade

Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
Sorry if this has already been discussed. Seems like it would be, but I couldn't find it in past threads. I have a couple of questions about luggage storage. We have a verandah room (regular verandah, not family size), and we will have four full-size suitcases plus four carry-on size bags. I'm wondering:
  • Can four suitcases fit under the beds?
  • Is there room in the closets for luggage?
  • What other storage tips are there from my fellow over-packers? 😂
Thanks in advance!

While it may vary slightly depending on the particular ship, you should not have difficulty fitting four suitcases under the beds. You can put your carry-on sized bags inside the larger suitcases if it helps.

There is also room to just stand the suitcases in a corner (adjacent to the sliders works best for us) if you can't fit them under the bed. Closet space is a bit limited so that's probably not going to work for full size suitcases.

Another spot that is an option is to put your carry on luggage in the closet. We have done this on past cruises and found it worked well for freeing up space in your room.

We had two large suitcases that fit under the bed on the Magic no problem.
Not knowing your travel plans, I would respectfully suggest you take a second look at what you are taking to see if you can cut back a little so you don't have to lug that much luggage around. We did a 7 day on the Magic with our two adult sized kids with 2 large suitcases. And we even packed suits for my son and I and fancy dresses for my wife and daughter as we enjoy dressing up for formal nights.

Four suitcases could fit under the bed on the Wish. There are 2 closets, so depending on how much stuff you're hanging up, you could always put some luggage in the closet you're not using.

100% this. We have a large suitcase that fits under the bed on the Wish/Fantasy. It does not fit on the Wonder, so I had to keep it in the closet.
The only time ours didn't fit was also on the Wonder. I easily fit our large suitcase in the closet and we still had plenty of space to unpack for 3 adults.
I did see a tip recently about opening up the suitcase (if it's the kind that's half/half) and then it would fit. This would have worked for us and I will definitely keep it in mind in the future.
I also nest them when I can - if we have a carry-on or backpacks that I want to store. I put them inside the bigger suitcase so it's organized under the bed.

We had two large suitcases that fit under the bed on the Magic no problem.
Not knowing your travel plans, I would respectfully suggest you take a second look at what you are taking to see if you can cut back a little so you don't have to lug that much luggage around. We did a 7 day on the Magic with our two adult sized kids with 2 large suitcases. And we even packed suits for my son and I and fancy dresses for my wife and daughter as we enjoy dressing up for formal nights.
Oh wow, I am very impressed by this. I can't even imagine fitting our family of 4 into 2 suitcases! I was happy that we managed 3 suitcases and two large carry on bags for our Aulani trip, and that was shorter than the cruise with no formal attire!

Oh wow, I am very impressed by this. I can't even imagine fitting our family of 4 into 2 suitcases! I was happy that we managed 3 suitcases and two large carry on bags for our Aulani trip, and that was shorter than the cruise with no formal attire!
We had a boys and a girls suitcase. Formal wear in half, everything else in the other half of each suitcase.
But everyone is different. I remember once someone here saying they took 7 swimsuits on a 7 day cruise. I wear my one swimsuit, rinse it out, and let it hang dry on the clothes line in the bathroom.

Before they changed the beds on the Magic, we always put two suitcases and two carry on bags into the closet and still had plenty of room for clothing. So even if you can't fit all four under the bed, you will still have room. Both the Magic class and Dream class have similar sized closets IIRC.

Sorry if this has already been discussed. Seems like it would be, but I couldn't find it in past threads. I have a couple of questions about luggage storage. We have a verandah room (regular verandah, not family size), and we will have four full-size suitcases plus four carry-on size bags. I'm wondering:
Thanks in advance!
These answers are for the Fab Four ships only, because I have never sailed on the Wish, which is quite different:

1. Yes, four suitcases should fit under the bed.
2. Yes, for smaller luggage. I doubt that four actual carry-on suitcases would fit into one cabin's closets, though. If they're mostly soft shoulder bags and only one small suitcase, then yes.
3. There is fair amount of storage space in an oceanview level cabin or higher. How many people will be in the stateroom? If it's four adults each with a lot of gear, it's going to be a tight squeeze. For example, if you use up all of your closet and under the bed space for luggage, then you won't have anywhere to put all of your shoes, except out in the middle of the carpet that four people are walking through.

We do it every time. We only have sedan cars and no SUVs, so if you are to travel, we can only get 2 full sized suitcases in our trunk and a few carry on sized bags or duffels. I get those big 2 1/2 gallon ziplock bags and put everything in those and squeeze the air out of them. That gives us plenty of space for everything. And we travel with toiletries and bed sheets also. So many over pack and don't end up using half of the stuff that they bring. Also, it is easy to throw on a load or 2 of laundry during pool time.

Thanks, everyone! Lots of good tips and insights. I appreciate it!

We put the carryons inside the big bags and store 4 large bags under the bed, on the magic, fantasy, wonder, dream. It’s never been a problem.

Thanks in advance!
yes, you can contact

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter