Luggage Question

djr13

Earning My Ears
Question about carry on luggage....

When you arive at the port, do you keep your carry on luggage with you when you get on the ship or do they take it and bring to your room later in the day? I understand that my checked airline bags will get picked up and taken on board, but wondered if we are going to be without our carry on bags for a few hours.

Thanks!

You keep your carry on bags with you. That's why it's always a good idea to keep any medicines you may need, your camera, computer, etc, in your carry on, so that you'll have it with you when and if you need it, and keep it secure.
If you have kids, it's a good idea to put their swimsuits (yours too, if you want) in a carry on, so that they can swim while you wait for your stateroom to be ready.

I HIGHLY recommend a rolling carry-on....you'll be doing a lot of walking around the ship before you go to your room that first day.

Wheels are great for your carry on bags!!! :cool1:

:disrocks: Something I learned on the DIS... I hope I'm not off topic, but this is definitely a carry on recommendation and another reason for wheels. Disney allows you to bring alcoholic beverages aboard as a carry-on. Reading other threads you'll see posts from folks who bring on as much as a case of beer, bottles/boxes of wine, a wide selection of alcohol, mixers, etc. One DISer even brings their Magic Bullet to make blended drinks. Another brings over-size wine glasses to take strolling and to dinner. We simply poured rum in a wide mouth sport bottles and head to Deck 9 and add the ice & Coke for sipping by the pool. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter