Luau Photos

woody64

DIS Veteran
Here are some photos I took from the July 20th luau at Aulani. We did not have VIP seating but still had great views of the show. We really enjoyed the show. The food and drinks we thought were very good as well. There are a couple small platforms the performers come out into the crowd to do one or two person dances on. This is a nice touch and you get a closer view of the wonderful performers. I will try and do a full trip report but thought I'd share these first. These were taken with a Canon R6 and a 24-105 f4 lens.LuauS-60497.jpg
LuauS-60499.jpgLuauS-60507.jpgLuauS-60512.jpgLuauS-60516.jpgLuauS-60510.jpgView attachment 693530LuauS-60527.jpgLuauS-60533.jpgLuauS-60545.jpg

Attachments

• LuauS-60533.jpg
    LuauS-60533.jpg
    527.6 KB · Views: 5

We are looking to book the Luau in a few weeks and I have a few questions. Do you sit at your own (family) table or at a group table? Is it a buffet? Have any of the pre show activates come back? If so, is there a bar available while you do the activities? How early do you recommend going to the show/activities before you are seated for the Luau. TIA

We are looking to book the Luau in a few weeks and I have a few questions. Do you sit at your own (family) table or at a group table? Is it a buffet? Have any of the pre show activates come back? If so, is there a bar available while you do the activities? How early do you recommend going to the show/activities before you are seated for the Luau. TIA

It is a group table. We had a multi generational extended family at 1 end, then a family of 4 in between, and then DH and I on the other end.

It is a buffet and it was wonderful! We loved the food!

There were many pre show activities, tatoos, lei making, etc... We had the VIP package so as soon as we got in we were able to get a drink at the set up bar. Actually we were given a drink as we walked in, then the bar was also open. Once seated to eat, our server just kept bringing drinks, even ones we didn't order. She would say she messed up "so here, have these", LOL! The drinks were definitely not lacking.

I forget exactly what our time table was but when we arrived there was a medium sized VIP line and we waited maybe 15 minutes there before they let us in and did the picture, then the drinks and activities were readily available.

You sit at a family table and are released to go get food at a buffet (except kids got their own box dinner). There are pre-show activities and the "bar" is open. It depends on whether you want to get in earlier to do more activities or not. The earlier you arrive before they let you in the more you wait to be let in but you will then have more time for activities. Sorry I don't have a better answer for that question.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter