Loved HHI!

marynvince said:
yep, but old pic, they are 16, 13 and 7

Hi, I'd love if you could do even a short trip report when you are back. My kids are almost the same age (DD17, DD12, DS7) and we're thinking about vacationing (even owning) at HHI. Just not sure how much kids would enjoy it. DD17 wants to go to Aulani, but airfare is too much for us. Younger kids prefer WDW. We figured HHI could be a good family compromise, as we can still drive down to WDW for a few days.

Thanks for posting all the helpful info., we are greatly looking forward to our trip to HH this October.

Could you please tell me, which of the buildings seemed to have the best marsh view??? And do you think the rooms on the 1stfloor or upper floors are better for views?

thanks popcorn::

If you look at the map, you can see which buildings are on the marsh. The top floors would have better views, but for the buildings right on the marsh, either the top or bottom would be fine so I would say the building is more important. The first floor rooms are not ground level and are up a flight of stairs. I thought that buildings 27, 29 and 24 would have great views and are near the pool, store, activities etc.

One thing about room requests, I made a request for live oak lodge because of the elevator to MS and on the phone to the HHI front desk. I was originally assigned somewhere else (no elevator). But I asked for an elevator room during check in and they switched me to one in building 12. So when you are checking in, make sure to ask as you may be able to get what you want.

Hi, I'd love if you could do even a short trip report when you are back. My kids are almost the same age (DD17, DD12, DS7) and we're thinking about vacationing (even owning) at HHI. Just not sure how much kids would enjoy it. DD17 wants to go to Aulani, but airfare is too much for us. Younger kids prefer WDW. We figured HHI could be a good family compromise, as we can still drive down to WDW for a few days.

We just went in August with our 3 sons (18, 14 & 12) and they loved it. We were there for 4 nights and that seemed right for us. They loved the Beach House (beach, boogieboarding, pool, ping pong and billiards). They enjoyed biking rideing and longboarding around the resort, the pool, ping pong and billiards, and the fishing pier. We had a short trip to Sea Pines and climb the lighthouse and did a bit of shopping. We also went to the Salty Dog for lunch and again did a little shopping. We found it relaxing. We definitely will be back again.
They can not wait to go back and next time do some kayaking (our trip thru DVC was cancelled due to weather), paddle boarding and ziplining. Also HHI had some great restaurants.
We all agreed that it would make a great 2-4 day stop over coming or going to WDW.
Good luck...;)

Thanks so much for your quick reply.....I am living on these boards waiting for info on HHI....

I though the pool look a little far, but with my boys being bigger they can go everywhere on their own. Hurray!

Do you know if they can long board around the resort (that a long skateboard that you just glide around on)?

It funny that mentioned basketball my oldest is 6'6" and played inHS, but my youngest is the be fanatic! They had already had me check that out.

Did you go out for dinner.? A friend who has been to HHI told me to go to the Salty Dog is a must! And she mentioned the Harbor Head Lighthouse.

Did you rent an umbrella and chairs at the beach?

Did you BBQ?

Thanks again for all your insights!

Across the bridge is the booth for "outside Hilton Head" (I believe that is what it is called). Anyway, they do the tours and are cheaper than Disney. I also think there are coupons for them. I did not know that they were there until last trip. We did a dolphin tour that took off near there......

We got back last week from a week. We were in building 22 first floor and was an ideal location! It was next to the play ground , shadows point for the movies and steps to the pool and hot tub. There are 2 places to eat on property The Beach and by the pool. If you get a kids meal it comes in a sand pail. The onion rings are good. You can rent movies for 2 nights at the store and the CM will pin trade too. They have both shuffle board and corn hole out by the pool house. There is a beach house which you can ride, walk or bike too. The beach house has a fast food place and has refill mug station. Plus a little bar too. Grocery store the best is Piggly Wiggly. They have great Tye Dye shirts. They sold over 4000 of them last month. For Pizza Guiseepes has good pizza and other foods too. They give a DVC discount and deliver too. If you go to Seapines where the Salty Dog is it cost $5 per car and it is good for a week . You can rent bikes I think $30 for the week. The have plenty. Kayak tour was fabulous we had Capt Jeff and Disney arranged for a private tour as we had 10 people. There a movies outside a few nights a week. If it rains it is inside community hall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter