"Love is Putting Someone Else’s Needs Before Yours" a May 2017/Beach Club PTR COMPLETE 5/21

Hey guys, sorry I’ve been quiet lately, really not too much to update on, but I few mini updates for today!

Update #1

Since I’ve changed our flights so that our flight leaves MHT at 6:15am, DH has suggested we get a hotel room in Manchester, NH the night before so that we can sleep in a teensy bit later than if we stay at our place the night before. MHT is 39 miles from our house, so it’ll be nice not to have to drive for an hour before our flight. But, this means instead of brining Fur Baby to my MIL on my own on Wednesday, I’ll wait for DH to get out of work. I’m hoping he’ll take a half day… we’ll see!

I’ve been looking for hotels with park and fly options, and I think I’m going to wait until the week before we leave to book the room. One of my friends recently told me about the app “Hotel Tonight” which has unsold hotel rooms for discounted prices, the catch being that you can only book up to one week out…. and the closer to check in you book the room, the better the deal. I’ve been stalking the options this app has (ya know.. it a non creepy way!) and for example, there’s a Best Western thats $138 a night on their website, but on the app its $123… now I know this ins’t a HUGE difference but I’ll take it! And the Best Western has complimentary self parking for up to 14 days and a free airport shuttle.

Update #2 Touring Plans Crowd Predictor

Normally I don’t pay too much attention to the crowd predictors, but did take a peak at them yesterday and pretty much every day every park is between a 7 and 9 during our time there! haha! EXCEPT for 5/26, MK is a 6, which is actually our plan so yay!

Update #3 Tree of Life Awakenings Extended

Disboards just announced that the Tree of Life Awkenings is now going to be extended during our time in the World, I’m so excited! Neither DH or I have seen this, and sometimes we avoid parades/fireworks (I know, I know!) just because neither of us enjoy the stampede of people once these are done! But with extended hours plus AK being open till 1am, I’m hoping there is less of a stampeded

(thank you Google Image for this!)

Update #4 Ample Hills Extending Hours

Not a HUGE deal, I’m excited to try the ice cream here and now it’ll be open 12 noon till 11pm! Yipee!

Ample-Hills-Creamery_Disney-Menu.jpg

(photo from Real Mom of SFV)

Um... I'll take one of each flavor, please and thank you :dog2:

Update #5 Uber like service from Disney

Did you guys see this?! I recently got a $100 gift card to use during our trip (thanks swag bucks!) and I’m thinking DH and I might take advantage of this service if its available when we’re there, and of course, depending on price. I love that we can walk to DHS and Epcot, but sometimes after a long day at the parks, stopping at YC/Swan&Dolphin/Boardwalk too can make the ride back from MK a little long… at least last time I stayed there in 2006 these hotels all shared buses, is that still the case?

Update #6 No King bed + fully balcony rooms at BC?

Lastly, I’ve been getting ready to fax over our room requests, and using Touring Plans to find similar rooms we’d want. BUT I can’t find any that have a king sized bed AND a full balcony! I’m going to ask on the BC/YC resort forum, but does anyone if this an option?

Update #7 Email from Disney Destinations

I got an email from Disney Destinations last night… and the subject: Alert: Change to your upcoming Disney FASTPASS+ experience

Basically they changed my Haunted Mansion FP on 5/26 from 8:30pm-9pm to 8:30pm-9:30pm… lol. BUT this caught my attention, because I knew that MK was only scheduled to be open till 9am on the 26th…. so being the crazy Disney obsessed person I am I immediately went to the WDW website and sure enough…. MK hours have FINALLY been extended!! MK is now open till 11pm!

This makes me so happy, because now DH and I can get more attractions in after our LTT ADR at 7:45pm! When MK was closing at 9pm, I figured that once we were done eating we’d probably barely have enough time to use our HM FP+ and then the park would be closing.

Up next... 33 Days!

Last edited:
I got way behind! I haven't been getting alerts for your report (or a couple others I follow :confused3) for some reason!

And the Best Western has complimentary self parking for up to 14 days and a free airport shuttle.

I wish more hotels had park and fly! When we fly out of a city other than our home airport, I get so irritated when they don't offer that service. It is so nice to park, stay overnight, shuttle to the airport, shuttle BACK to the hotel when vacation is over, stay overnight, then get up and go home. The last time we did this in St. Louis, the airport parking place was right next door to our hotel, and we were getting back around midnight, and it was just an annoying extra step to have to shuttle to the parking garage, then drive less than 1/4 a mile to the hotel :sad2:

I hope you can find a great deal using the app!! I have not had good luck with it, but I was also trying to find a local room for someone, and there happened to be an event going on, which raised prices. So that's something to check on...make sure nothing is happening that will up the room prices! It never even crossed my mind that that could be an issue.

Disboards just announced that the Tree of Life Awkenings is now going to be extended during our time in the World, I’m so excited! Neither DH or I have seen this

Oh, I hope you take the time to stay and watch ToL Awakenings :lovestruc. It's so beautiful. In December, the area wasn't super crowded at all. It's easier to exit AK without the crush of people I think, but we like to hang back and take our time, and let people clear out a little before we leave. The best advice I think I've received from the Dis over the years is to find a bench and sit right after whatever nighttime show is over, and let the other people rush the exits. It also makes for great photo opportunities with less people in your shots! (that is of course, if we aren't too tired to actually MAKE IT to the night shows, LOL!!)

Ample Hills Extending Hours

The ice cream here is just ok, pretty normal tasting ice cream, but the real winner is the Gooey Butter Cake they sell by the piece at the register. It was so, so good!! It's the one thing I would come back to Ample Hills for again and again. It was in a basket by the check out register, wrapped in plastic wrap, along with some brownies.

I got way behind! I haven't been getting alerts for your report (or a couple others I follow :confused3) for some reason!

Ugh, I'm so sorry! That happens to me sometimes... its so weird! But I'm glad you got to catch up :cloud9:

I wish more hotels had park and fly! When we fly out of a city other than our home airport, I get so irritated when they don't offer that service. It is so nice to park, stay overnight, shuttle to the airport, shuttle BACK to the hotel when vacation is over, stay overnight, then get up and go home. The last time we did this in St. Louis, the airport parking place was right next door to our hotel, and we were getting back around midnight, and it was just an annoying extra step to have to shuttle to the parking garage, then drive less than 1/4 a mile to the hotel :sad2:

I hope you can find a great deal using the app!! I have not had good luck with it, but I was also trying to find a local room for someone, and there happened to be an event going on, which raised prices. So that's something to check on...make sure nothing is happening that will up the room prices! It never even crossed my mind that that could be an issue.

I agree it is so nice just to shuttle from hotel to airport and leave your car!

Regarding the app, I'm hoping because its a Wednesday night AND given that Manchester NH is NOT a tourist destination we'll be ok! Fingers crossed!

Oh, I hope you take the time to stay and watch ToL Awakenings :lovestruc. It's so beautiful. In December, the area wasn't super crowded at all. It's easier to exit AK without the crush of people I think, but we like to hang back and take our time, and let people clear out a little before we leave. The best advice I think I've received from the Dis over the years is to find a bench and sit right after whatever nighttime show is over, and let the other people rush the exits. It also makes for great photo opportunities with less people in your shots! (that is of course, if we aren't too tired to actually MAKE IT to the night shows, LOL!!)

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the TOL awakenings, its definitely on our 'to do'! I like the idea of just sitting on a bench and letting everyone else clear out

the real winner is the Gooey Butter Cake they sell by the piece at the register.

MMM I'll have to try this!!

Did you guys see this?! I recently got a $100 gift card to use during our trip (thanks swag bucks!) and I’m thinking DH and I might take advantage of this service if its available when we’re there, and of course, depending on price. I love that we can walk to DHS and Epcot, but sometimes after a long day at the parks, stopping at YC/Swan&Dolphin/Boardwalk too can make the ride back from MK a little long… at least last time I stayed there in 2006 these hotels all shared buses, is that still the case?

I saw that! I'd definitely use it though I hope they don't stop allowing Uber on property or charge more. Especially because it's useful being able to go between WDW and USO/other places with Uber.

Looks like an awesome trip planned so far! Glad you're finally getting to go back! And we'll be in Epcot on the same day! (the 30th!!) We're bummed we're missing F&G, but have pretty specific plans for the first 2 days of the trip! Lol

Looks like an awesome trip planned so far! Glad you're finally getting to go back! And we'll be in Epcot on the same day! (the 30th!!) We're bummed we're missing F&G, but have pretty specific plans for the first 2 days of the trip! Lol

Hi, welcome!! We're hoping to do mostly F&G stuff on the 28th and then the 'usual' Epcot stuff on the 30th! see ya there!:cutie::cutie:

Hey guys, sorry I’ve been quiet lately, really not too much to update on, but I few mini updates for today!
Update #7 Email from Disney Destinations
I got an email from Disney Destinations last night… and the subject: Alert: Change to your upcoming Disney FASTPASS+ experience

Basically they changed my Haunted Mansion FP on 5/26 from 8:30pm-9pm to 8:30pm-9:30pm… lol. BUT this caught my attention, because I knew that MK was only scheduled to be open till 9am on the 26th…. so being the crazy Disney obsessed person I am I immediately went to the WDW website and sure enough…. MK hours have FINALLY been extended!! MK is now open till 11pm!

This makes me so happy, because now DH and I can get more attractions in after our LTT ADR at 7:45pm! When MK was closing at 9pm, I figured that once we were done eating we’d probably barely have enough time to use our HM FP+ and then the park would be closing.

So exciting that we are getting so close...and thanks for posting this update about the hours finally being extended! I went over and checked and mine for Friday had also been extended, so I changed around a few FP+ reservations for later times. Our flight doesn't arrive until 6:25pm so having later FP+ reservations now is great! We are hoping to be in MK that night probably between 8pm and 11pm, depending on how tired everybody is from the day and travel.

So exciting that we are getting so close...and thanks for posting this update about the hours finally being extended! I went over and checked and mine for Friday had also been extended, so I changed around a few FP+ reservations for later times. Our flight doesn't arrive until 6:25pm so having later FP+ reservations now is great! We are hoping to be in MK that night probably between 8pm and 11pm, depending on how tired everybody is from the day and travel.

YESS we're getting SO close! Although to be honest, I'm having a teensy bit of anxiety because, as you know, our last trip was cancelled 32 days out. Today we're 38 days out. I feel like once we get past the 30 day mark (4/25) it'll be better! Our Magic Bands are set to be mailed on three 24th, how about yours?

That's awesome about the hours being extended for your time too, definitely nice to get a few more hours in the park!!

YESS we're getting SO close! Although to be honest, I'm having a teensy bit of anxiety because, as you know, our last trip was cancelled 32 days out. Today we're 38 days out. I feel like once we get past the 30 day mark (4/25) it'll be better! Our Magic Bands are set to be mailed on three 24th, how about yours?

That's awesome about the hours being extended for your time too, definitely nice to get a few more hours in the park!!

Keep thinking positively!!! I'm sure this time it will happen!

Honestly we didn't order MagicBands yet and I'm thinking we may refuse them. From prior trips, we have probably 7 of the old style, plus when we got our APs in November we were given new bands...in the NEW style...and last trip we all ordered customized MagicBands as well. I'm not sure we need any more right now so I've held off on even making selections. I'll double check soon to see if the family wants to order any other colors in the "NEW" style but at this point we may just skip them.

YES I've been waiting for those extra MK hours because I had 3 FP+ reservations scheduled but I was pretty sure the first one was going to be pretty tough to make given our expected flight arrival in Orlando. Now I've moved that one to later, so it's just a matter of if we can stay up late enough to go the parks and get in a few rides.

Normally I don’t pay too much attention to the crowd predictors, but did take a peak at them yesterday and pretty much every day every park is between a 7 and 9 during our time there! haha! EXCEPT for 5/26, MK is a 6, which is actually our plan so yay!

I kind of use them as a guide myself, but ultimately just do what works best for us. I feel like good planning is at least equally as important as crowd predictors. It's nice when it works so that the best park is what works best though :-)

Disboards just announced that the Tree of Life Awkenings is now going to be extended during our time in the World, I’m so excited! Neither DH or I have seen this, and sometimes we avoid parades/fireworks (I know, I know!) just because neither of us enjoy the stampede of people once these are done! But with extended hours plus AK being open till 1am, I’m hoping there is less of a stampeded

I hope this is still going on in November…I'm dying to see it!

[
QUOTE="iheartbelle87, post: 57443949, member: 274474"]
Update #4 Ample Hills Extending Hours

Not a HUGE deal, I’m excited to try the ice cream here and now it’ll be open 12 noon till 11pm! Yipee!
[/QUOTE]

Also a place I need to try!

Lastly, I’ve been getting ready to fax over our room requests, and using Touring Plans to find similar rooms we’d want. BUT I can’t find any that have a king sized bed AND a full balcony! I’m going to ask on the BC/YC resort forum, but does anyone if this an option?

I don't know the answer, but if it were me, I'd pick the balcony with a queen over no balcony with a king. It's so nice to sit and have your coffee out there or a glass of wine at night. Of course, it would be nice to have both :P

MK hours have FINALLY been extended!! MK is now open till 11pm!

Yay! More time for fun!

Keep thinking positively!!! I'm sure this time it will happen!

Thanks girl! DH and I are both so excited, its beginning to feel more real, and we're about to have some busy weeks ahead of us (ok... mostly me, but DH is basically an extension of me! haha!) so I'm hoping it goes by really quickly

Honestly we didn't order MagicBands yet and I'm thinking we may refuse them.

Makes total sense! I'm interested to use the new style this trip but next time we'll probably just use these ones again

YES I've been waiting for those extra MK hours because I had 3 FP+ reservations scheduled but I was pretty sure the first one was going to be pretty tough to make given our expected flight arrival in Orlando. Now I've moved that one to later, so it's just a matter of if we can stay up late enough to go the parks and get in a few rides.

YIPEE!! And yes, it really is a matter of if we can stay up late enough! haha!!

I don't know the answer, but if it were me, I'd pick the balcony with a queen over no balcony with a king. It's so nice to sit and have your coffee out there or a glass of wine at night. Of course, it would be nice to have both

Totally agree I'd rather have a full balcony, although DH says he'd rather have a king size bed. I think that if we do get two queens he'll be just as happy because furbaby won't be in the bed with us so it'll feel bigger! haha!

33 Days!

Hey guys, just 33 days til this vacation officially kicks off :lovestruc Surprisingly, our plans haven't changed since my last update but I have a few more mini updates!

My Visa e gift card from swagbucks finally came in on Wednesday and obviously the first thing I did was purchase a Disney Gift Card! I saved up enough SB to get a $100 gift card, which DH and I plan on using for tips on TS meals, flower and garden goodies, etc. I decided to get a physical gift card via the Disney Store website but they also have an e gift card option for anyone that is wondering :tongue: There are so many cute designs I had a difficult time picking! Ultimately I chose this one:

Screen Shot 2017-04-22 at 6.01.12 AM.png

It's so spring-y and seems oh so appropriate for Flower & Garden

In other news, I did some shopping for DH (Hey, I'll feed my shopping addiction anyway I can! haha!). For some reason, DH hasn't had a proper pair of swim shorts since 2011... I told him that as a 31 year old male he needs to let me buy him some and he agreed, so naturally I made my way to Marshall's and bought two choices for him to decide between, a pair of red, basic shorts and these babies...

17918289_10155227139016340_1418595051_n.jpg

When I texted him this pic he said, simply, "No". Too late, I had already checked out! He agreed to at least try them on for me, and when he realized that these have pockets and the other ones I chose did not he agreed to keep these. AHH! I'm so excited! haha!!

Next weekend (4/29, 4/30) is basically our last weekend without any plans before our trip and DH mentioned he needs some clothes and would like to make a trip to the outlets so I'm thinking we might do that. Here's a low down of what our schedules are looking like...

5/3, 5/4, 5/5 (ok technically not a weekend) but I'll be in Boston for a nurse practitioner board review course... as I mentioned earlier, I only live 16 miles from the city but I really don't want to deal with commuting after sitting in a review course from 8am-6pm. I would have to leave my house around 6:30am to get into the city w/o having to deal with significant traffic, and I probably wouldn't make it home until 7:30-8pm because of rush hour. I could take the train, but the closest commuter rail is about 20 min away, and I'd still have to transfer via the subway once I got into Boston. I was having difficulty finding a hotel that was reasonably priced hotel for two nights, but I told to my Mom and she agreed to come stay in Boston with me (DH will be working and taking care of Fur Baby) and split the cost of a hotel! We ended up using hotwire and are staying at the Boston Park Plaza for $256/night! I think the hotels price are all jacked up because of college graduations that weekend. This hotel is 2.1 from my conference so I plan on using a taxi to get to/from my conference. Mom plans on seeing some museums while I'm at my course and then we'll do dinner, etc. in the evenings. On Friday 5/5 my class gets out at 1pm so we're going to spend the afternoon in the city before we go back to my house and then the next day I'll deliver her back to NH to my dad.

Boston-Park-Plaza-exterior.jpg

(compliment of google images)

Anyway, I know in my last update I said I was thinking about using the Hotel Tonight App for a hotel room in Manchester, NH the night before we fly out BUT now I'm kind of in love with hotwire! For anyone that hasn't used this website before the catch is that you don't know what hotel you book until you've paid... obviously this isn't good in every situation, but really our only requirements for the night before our flight is that the hotel has free parking and an airport shuttle, which you can check off these amenities so you can be sure the hotel has these features. Right now there is availably for a 3.5 star hotel that has these amenities for $108 per night so I think we'll book this soon.

5/6 - Dh is going to a comedy show with his parents, brother and sister in law. I'm invited too, as my BIL got us tickets as Christmas gifts, BUT I already had plans to go out with my classmates to celebrate being done with graduate school. Without getting into too much detail, I'm considering skipping out on both and staying home with Fur baby and ordering pizza, haha!

5/13 One of my good friends is hosting a party for me at her apartment to celebrate being done with grad school! It is so sweet of her and I'm looking forward to spending an evening with some co workers having snacks and wine. Hopefully the weather will be nice and we can sit outside.

5/18 (again... technically not a weekend) but it's mine and DH's graduation! I'm working 5/19 (a Friday) but that weekend we'll be packing and making sure we're all set to leave on Wednesday evening! woot woot!

Ok this was very wordy, sorry!!! I'll update again a few more times before we leave! PS- I can't believe many of you are so close to YOUR trips!

INSTA: ahg11
snapchat: ashleegoulette

I made my way to Marshall's and bought two choices for him to decide between, a pair of red, basic shorts and these babies...

Those are so cute :lovestruc I might have to go look for those at our Marshall's, but not for my DH (he'd NEVER wear those :rotfl:), but DS15 would :thumbsup2

My Visa e gift card from swagbucks finally came in on Wednesday and obviously the first thing I did was purchase a Disney Gift Card! I saved up enough SB to get a $100 gift card

And now I just signed up for Swagbucks :confused3 I have no idea how it works, but if they want to give me a Disney GC, I'll take it! Any tips??

Mom and she agreed to come stay in Boston with me (DH will be working and taking care of Fur Baby) and split the cost of a hotel!

Awesome! Aren't moms the BEST?!:love:

I'm considering skipping out on both and staying home with Fur baby and ordering pizza, haha!

Sounds like a perfect evening ::yes::

5/18 (again... technically not a weekend) but it's mine and DH's graduation!

Awesome!! :banana::banana::banana: You guys must be thrilled! Congratulations again!!

Those are so cute :lovestruc I might have to go look for those at our Marshall's, but not for my DH (he'd NEVER wear those :rotfl:), but DS15 would

Yes, do it!! #enabler. I told DH that if we ever have boys I plan on dressing them like his as long as they let me haha!!

And now I just signed up for Swagbucks :confused3 I have no idea how it works, but if they want to give me a Disney GC, I'll take it! Any tips??

OO yay! Definitely check out the Budget Board here on the Dis, there's a thread called "those using swagbucks" , here's the link https://www.disboards.com/threads/those-using-swagbucks.3222525/page-623#post-57482654

Basically you get swagbucks (each buck is worth 1 cent) by answering surveys, watching videos, etc and then you redeem your swagbucks for e gift cards. To be able to use them to get a Disney gift card, I got a Visa E gift card and then used that to buy a Disney Gift Card. This is very condensed version! lol!

Awesome! Aren't moms the BEST?!:love:

YES!!

Congratulations again!!

AWW thanks!

Once again I've fallen entirely too far behind. It would take me forever to quote everything I wanted to, so here's just a couple!

Disboards just announced that the Tree of Life Awkenings is now going to be extended during our time in the World, I’m so excited! Neither DH or I have seen this
Do this!!!! It's so beautiful. We all watched it in Nov. and I really wanted to catch it again last month, but we were already sitting for RoL when they started and DH was ready to zoom out of the park when RoL was done. Hoping to see it again next month!

It's so spring-y and seems oh so appropriate for Flower & Garden
Yes it does! Very cute GC

When I texted him this pic he said, simply, "No". Too late, I had already checked out! He agreed to at least try them on for me, and when he realized that these have pockets and the other ones I chose did not he agreed to keep these. AHH! I'm so excited! haha!!
LOL, I would have gotten the same "no" from Steve. However he does prefer pockets in his bathing suits but still not sure he would have agreed to this one. I like it, nothing wrong with it, but I don't think Steve would go for the patriotic theme!

Sounds like you'll be wrapping up lots of stuff soon and right in time for Disney! It's getting so close :cheer2:

Once again I've fallen entirely too far behind. It would take me forever to quote everything I wanted to, so here's just a couple!

Hey girl! This happens to me ALL The time I suddenly realize I'm so far behind on TRs I literally want to quote every update (i.e. your current dining report... :rolleyes1)

Do this!!!! It's so beautiful.

Talked me into it! Def looking forward to getting some different photos this trip

I like it, nothing wrong with it, but I don't think Steve would go for the patriotic theme!

HAHA yeah DH wasn't too sure... he may or may not have asked if I was also going to get him a "Make America Great Again" hat to match lol :stir:

Sounds like you'll be wrapping up lots of stuff soon and right in time for Disney! It's getting so close

Yes, so much to do but hopefully it'll help pass the time! And PS- your trip is RIGHT around the corner too, yes?

My Visa e gift card from swagbucks finally came in on Wednesday and obviously the first thing I did was purchase a Disney Gift Card!

Free money is the BEST money!! I bought my AP with our Disney Visa rewards, so I always say I got my annual pass for free, LOL!! It took buying an awful lot of other stuff to get it "free" :rotfl:

BUT now I'm kind of in love with hotwire!

I love hotwire!! I use it all the time in cities I'm familiar with. I look at the mystery hotel's trip advisor score, and then go to trip advisor and narrow the search results to the stats on hotwire, and can usually narrow down where we'll end up. I get kind of obsessive about it!!

I'm considering skipping out on both and staying home with Fur baby and ordering pizza, haha!

This sounds like me!!

One of my good friends is hosting a party for me at her apartment to celebrate being done with grad school!

That's so nice!! Such an awesome accomplishment and you must be so excited that you're going to be finished!!

OO yay! Definitely check out the Budget Board here on the Dis, there's a thread called "those using swagbucks" , here's the link https://www.disboards.com/threads/those-using-swagbucks.3222525/page-623#post-57482654

Basically you get swagbucks (each buck is worth 1 cent) by answering surveys, watching videos, etc and then you redeem your swagbucks for e gift cards. To be able to use them to get a Disney gift card, I got a Visa E gift card and then used that to buy a Disney Gift Card. This is very condensed version! lol!

Thanks for the link! I've already earned a $0.30 gift card :rotfl:

It took buying an awful lot of other stuff to get it "free" :rotfl:

LOVE the way you think :lovestruc

I love hotwire!! I use it all the time in cities I'm familiar with. I look at the mystery hotel's trip advisor score, and then go to trip advisor and narrow the search results to the stats on hotwire, and can usually narrow down where we'll end up. I get kind of obsessive about it!!

AHMAZING, right?! I used it once before for a hotel in Portsmouth, NH (btw, such a cute city, def look into it for a New England get away lol), basically there are only two 3 star hotels so I was able to figure out which two they would be :) With the Boston Park Plaza, I knew it was a 4 star AND it was in the theatre district, and although my course is in the seaport district it was still such a good deal... especially the cheapest hotel I could find was $375/night and it was NOT 4 star lol.

Yes! 26 days :banana:

SO CLOSE! YIPEE! I'm so excited for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter