Lots of rain this week - be prepared!

I am British as well (live in the Lake District), so I am very used to rain too, but Saturday 8th June's storm was something else

People getting on with their day (taken from the Space Mountain shop)

Still had a wonderful trip though - always do!!!

Wow! I can't believe that lake they are walking through! We will do our best to be prepared and hope for the best! Rain, not good, but we can handle. I just hope we can avoid a hurricane. :scared1:

I am British as well (live in the Lake District), so I am very used to rain too, but Saturday 8th June's storm was something else

http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/joannepridmore/media/image_zps49d4b458.jpg.html
Flood half way up the sign at the MK speedway

http://s1213.photobucket.com/user/joannepridmore/media/image_zpsed3822ee.jpg.html
People getting on with their day (taken from the Space Mountain shop)

Still had a wonderful trip though - always do!!!

I was there on June 8th during that storm. It started while I was at the bus stop at the Grand Floridian. There was one clap of thunder that was the loudest I have ever heard. We went to AK and by the time we got there it was raining really hard. We waited a bit then decided to head back. We didn't have any rain the rest of the week. It did start raining while we were waiting for the ME to take us to the airport.

Why did you get 12 ponchos for 4 people? We are still using our original yellow ponchos from years ago.

I'm guessing she may have bought the dollar store ponchos. They come in packets that are about 3 in by 2 in, which is very handy when you have several family members needing them. We buy them too.

We were there May (I think it was our 09 trip?) and the rain was insane!!!!! It literally rained everyday, ALL DAY! Not your typical FL weather at all. CMs kept blaming us for the rain, saying we must have brought it from Jersey haha. We lived in our ponchos, I even needed to walk around the parks with a sweatshirt under my poncho bc it was a cold rain. Just bring extra shoes and if you are wearing sneakers and they get wet, at the end of the day put newspaper in them, it should pull out the water.

Wow! I can't believe that lake they are walking through! We will do our best to be prepared and hope for the best! Rain, not good, but we can handle. I just hope we can avoid a hurricane. :scared1:

I believe it. Tomorrowland has very poor drainage during rainstorms. One year during a bad storm I was slogging through with water up to my knees.

The rain was so bad that the tunnel that goes under the lake was closed due to high water. That is why some of you had such long waits for your buses. They had to go the long way until they pumped it out.

I was in Siesta key on June 8th and it rained so hard the street flooded. We couldn't get our car out of the parking lot and we were afraid to walk through it for fear we would cut our feet on something. I finally got a pizza hut driver in a jeep to bring us pizza because we literally just got there when the rain started and we hadn't had a chance to get any food for the condo. There was no way to even walk anywhere. it was like a moat around the complex. There are fences and gates around all the complexes to keep people from cutting through to the beach. Later we figured out we could have gone to the beach and walked up to the beach public access and go to the main street. By the next day all the water was gone and we had great weather from that day forward!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter