Lost my wallet tonight:(

havaneselover

Dreaming about a Disney cruise
I spent my day in jury duty (so boring) and after dropping dd at swimming tonight ran to Target to pick up some stuff for her swim meet this weekend (she leaves tomorrow am). I went to target and used my wallet at self checkout but when I got to the pool to pick her up it wasn't in my purse. I called target, went back to check the carts in the parking lot, but no luck.

Now I guess I need to call Chase, Wells Fargo, Citi, Amex, etc. Of course I had checks and > $100 cash (for dd's meet and ds's field trip tomorrow). Plus my drivers license.

I'm so aggravated with myself. Between the time and money I'm out, I'm just beside myself.

That totally sucks! Also go to your bank tomorrow, once you have your new DL. They will be able to at least get you cash and maybe a temporary debit card. BofA did for my mom when her purse got stolen but she had to have her DL first.

Where they your personal checks or checks that needed to be deposited. If the latter I would notify those people so they can put a stop to them and potentially get their stuff sorted out too since if someone steals your wallet instead of turning it in they will have those peoples routing and account numbers.

Fingers crossed a nice person finds it and turns it in.

Check your car, all the nooks and crannies - a couple of times I thought I had lost my wallet, but it had fallen out of my purse and gone under the seat of the car, or was sitting between the passenger seat and the door, etc.

Last edited:
Thankfully I keep cash in my house!

Just my checks, no one else's.

Thanks, I hope so too. No pending charges so maybe someone took the cash and threw out the wallet???

Check your car, all the nooks and crannies - a couple of times I thought my wallet, but it had fallen out of my purse and gone under the seat of the car, or was sitting between the passenger seat and the door, etc.
We tore my van apart and looked everywhere.

When you checked out, were you wearing a jacket or anything with pockets?

Check the ground from the door to where you parked.

Ask the police dept if anyone turned it in.

Target may have video of the self check out area. DD left her wallet in ice cream shop and a despicable person found it and walked away with it. Tapes showed her doing it and her making her own purchase. Cops figured out her name and got bank records and address. They went to her house and found the wallet in her room! We had already replaced most things, but the sentimental pictures were important to recover. Act fast regarding contacting Target. Good luck!

Thanks for all the great tips! I’m not in the right mind to think through all of these details.

When you checked out, were you wearing a jacket or anything with pockets?

Check the ground from the door to where you parked.

Ask the police dept if anyone turned it in.
Pockets were too small (or wallet was too big).

Need to call the police.

The bank is the biggest mess. Since I had my checks in my wallet I closed my account. Need to figure out how to reopen it without a photo ID. Also I had all my credit card payments scheduled to come out of this account this week. I guess I need to try to switch them to my other bank.

I am so sorry that this happened to you. About two weeks ago, DH and I were at Starbucks. I ran in while he sat in the car with the baby. When I got out, I noticed a wallet on the ground next to our car. DH said the car next to us had just left a few minutes before. We peeked into the wallet at the ID. The address on the ID was pretty far away (50+ miles), so my first thought was to mail it back. But then we noticed a Lowe's employee card right on top of the wallet. There was a Lowe's store just a few blocks away, so we decided to go there. Someone confirmed that the person worked at the store, but they weren't sure where she was at that moment. DH figured that she was rummaging through her car looking for her wallet, so he went to the parking lot and found the car. Sure enough, she was there and DH returned the wallet.

I hope you get things back to normal soon. I can't imagine what it would be like to loose my wallet!

I'm so sorry!! Yes, call your non-emergency police number and ask about it. You can also ask if you can file a report and provide the information for your credit cards. That way if one of your cards is used or someone tries to cash the check somehow, you've already got it on file. In my line of work, I've had people report leaving a cell phone behind at a store and the police have gone and looked at surveillance from the store and found out who took it.

I've learned MANY lessons from this including I need to be more focused. I get kind of scatterbrained. Especially when I trying to make sure I get my process right (use cartwheel, use 20% off coupon, pay with gift cards on app, etc.) But also I'm going to sock drawer some credit cards and keep an inventory of what's in my wallet (add a tab to my password protected financial spreadsheet) especially with the number of cards I use of late (was kind of embarrassing telling the person at the police station all of the credit cards I had in my wallet). I think I got most of it but it was not easy to stay composed and calm. The few things that helped me were having cash in my house and having two checking accounts.

Pockets were too small (or wallet was too big).

Need to call the police.

The bank is the biggest mess. Since I had my checks in my wallet I closed my account. Need to figure out how to reopen it without a photo ID. Also I had all my credit card payments scheduled to come out of this account this week. I guess I need to try to switch them to my other bank.

not sure if a bank will do this, but here in MA when my BIL lost his wallet maybe 10 years ago when they went to the RMV my sister was allowed to be an acceptable form of ID. I think she had her license and copy of marriage certificate.

I am so sorry that this happened to you. About two weeks ago, DH and I were at Starbucks. I ran in while he sat in the car with the baby. When I got out, I noticed a wallet on the ground next to our car. DH said the car next to us had just left a few minutes before. We peeked into the wallet at the ID. The address on the ID was pretty far away (50+ miles), so my first thought was to mail it back. But then we noticed a Lowe's employee card right on top of the wallet. There was a Lowe's store just a few blocks away, so we decided to go there. Someone confirmed that the person worked at the store, but they weren't sure where she was at that moment. DH figured that she was rummaging through her car looking for her wallet, so he went to the parking lot and found the car. Sure enough, she was there and DH returned the wallet.

I hope you get things back to normal soon. I can't imagine what it would be like to loose my wallet!

OP - I am so sorry this happened to you but I want to send Jen and Ashwin the best luck they can receive for the effort they put into returning the wallet found!

Hopefully OP will be as lucky - it's still early!

For me - (sometimes its all about me) - I lost my Disney Dooney purse at PetSmart and realized it at the checkout. I freaked out as it was full of cash and cards at that moment. The manager came to me and said lets walk back to where you were shopping, and there it was - laying on the floor, right outside a class they were teaching for puppy training. I could have fainted I was so relieved. I so hope you will be lucky and get your wallet back. There are still many good people out there, who may try to contact you to return it.

Losing a wallet is rough. I had mine stolen out of a hotel room in Atlanta. Luckily, I'm lazy and had not replaced my expired credit cards so they only actually got two working cards and about $40.. and my Social Security Card :scared: (I was headed to a new employer and needed it, otherwise it wouldn't have been in there) I had my DL and debit card on me since we took the train into town and I went bagless. Funny thing is they poked around a $300 bag that was next to a bag containing a tablet and they went for the $25 wallet.

The credit card companies were great about closing the accounts and replacing the cards, as was the SS Administration. Unfortunately, I'm still finding things that are missing - the things you don't think about, like a Costco card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter