LOST baggage from Hotel bag *CHECK IN**

When we stayed at Pop, and checked in, we were asked if we wanted boarding passes and checked luggage tags when we checked out. We said yes. The evening before our flight, we got the DME envelope, and in the envelope were our boarding passes and a checked luggage tag for our bag. We knew that we had to drag our bag to the "BAGS" luggage desk in the morning, they weighed them, scanned them, said they were OK, then we went on our way for the day. Our DME bus came ontime, and we never saw our checked bag until we arrived at our home airport.
I think the OP was probably missing a step in the process...

We received baggage tags along with actual boarding passes on the night before our departure from the Poly at Thanksgiving. There was no suggestion that we didn't have to check our bags in ourselves, but there was nothing that definitely said we did have to check them in either. We had only three tags, which was the number of bags we checked inbound, but were checking four bags on the way home. As a result, I took our luggage to BAGS to check the fourth bag and they told me then that the tags that were sent with the DME package were just temporary tags and would need to be replaced with actual claim tags regardless.

I'm familiar enough with air travel, DME and RAC to know that I still needed to check in (especially when I had another bag to check), but I can see how someone who wasn't as experienced could get confused in that situation. We got the standard info, but it was not a standard package of stuff otherwise. The "letter" that the bags were at the airport makes no sense, however, so I would be kinterested to learn more about that.

I remember hearing of some guests getting their boarding passes delivered right to the room, also the baggage checkin stuff. Could this have been the case??
Personally, I don't see how that could have happened. I can't imagine that Bell Services can take your bags and then check them through for you..that would be against federal law....or some law.
I think the OP 'thought' the bags were going to be checked when they said goodby to them in the room. The situation wasn't fully understood. We see many instances where the guest/traveler isn't as educated as they should be when it comes to getting to and from the airport.
I can't say for sure what kind of notice the OP got either. It would seem that the bags remained at the hotel/resort, sitting in Bell Services.

I have recieved my boarding pass and a tag for my bags the night before my departure but I never recieved a letter about my bags but then again when I use RAC I check my bags myself early in the morning in case of lines etc.

ME documents you received before flying, the ones your tags were with, has the information on how and when to check your bags for you return flight if I remember correctly. Please read your ME materials completely and if you have questions, ask.

I've never done any type of resort check in, or dropped bags to be delivered to the airport...but somehow wouldn't the OP have NEEDED to have some type of receipt or claim checks in her hands? While I realize it doesn't always happen, aren't these type of things necessary if security stops you to prove the bags you're removing from the carousel are yours?

Somehow I don't think a letter that says "Your bags are at the airport" would fly.

It sounds like they had the bell services 'claim checks' and thought those were the numbers for the luggage claim checks. When really they were just the claim checks to get your luggage FROM bell services when you came back from the parks or whatever to get ready to goto the airport. I still stick with a miscommunication that the OP thought one thing, maybe even asked 'so these are the claim checks for my checked baggage?' and the bell services person said 'yes' which was true. It was the claim check of checking them into bell services lol.. If you didnt know how it worked, you could EASILY think that it was taken care of at that point. If you havent flown a lot since 9/11 it may not hit you that you had to be there to check them. I mean saying 'dont you remember that you had to be there to check them in at your home airport' really doesnt make a lot of sense, as you ARE there because you are checking in. At WDW I'm sure more of this happens then we know because people either dont read 100% or 'hear' something other then what is really told to them.

ME documents you received before flying, the ones your tags were with, has the information on how and when to check your bags for you return flight if I remember correctly. Please read your ME materials completely and if you have questions, ask.

But, as I noted earlier, we received service that was different that the usual DME and RAC service, including boarding passes delivered to our room along with baggage tags that were identical to what you get when you check your luggage with BAGS or at the airport. That's not referenced in the instructions you receive with your package and it wasn't addressed in anything that was left with our return package, so it was clear that something different was going on, but not clear if we had to do anything different or not.

We don't know if the OP was part of a pilot program. BAGS was making arrangements to pick bags up in passengers rooms. The OP said:

I did have a white strip claim number for my bags. They looked like the DME w out them mouse head on them amd should have been put on my bags, but I was in possession of them, LOL.

It sounds like the OP may have been part of the pilot program and neglected to put the correct tags on the bag.

100% checked bags are screened. We're no longer (routinely) asked if we packed our own bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter