• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Losing It with Jillian Michaels chit chat

I still have the same complaint I had last week. I don't want to go to nbc.com for Jillian's tips, I want there to be some during the show. Too much drama for me. I'll still watch, but I keep hoping it will be more information and less entertainment.

Maria :upsidedow

I have to agree, I was ready to turn it off after about 20 minutes, I was thinking "can I stand an hour of this?" I wanted to slap Debbie myself! Her success at the end really surprised me! It felt like this week w/Jillian really turned their lives in a new direction. Seeing where she started, way worse than me, and what she accomplished at home, single mom, 2 kids, full time job - that was motivating. And seeing the light in her eyes again just made me feel :goodvibes inside. :)

jennz- I too, loved what she said to Izzy at the end of the show.

I thought the 2nd episode still had a lot of drama, but Jillian seemed to do better with it. I just have a hunch that Jillian said it herself when she commented about holding back because there were kids involved. It will be interesting to see next week's episode.

Here is my take on this whole thing.....

First off, unless I am mistaken, Jillian is a PERSONAL TRAINER, not a PSYCHIATRIST! She really digs deep with these people and brings out a lot of stuff that probably should be discussed with a mental health professional. I understand that some people need those kinds of breakthroughs to make real changes in their lives, but should she really be the one pushing for these breakthroughs?? Do they offer these folks any follow-up therapy after Jillian leaves?

Second.. isn't it possible she could get the same results without SCREAMING at these people endlessly? As much as I admire her for her training skills and such, her screaming is really putting me off.

Like someone else mentioned, I wish the show would concentrate more on the DIET and EXERCISE and a little less on the screaming and personal family drama.

I will probably continue to watch it, as there isn't much else on for the summer, but I certainly won't make it a priority. If I catch it (or it gets recorded on the DVR), I'll watch it, but if I miss, no biggie...........P

I feel the same as pretty much everyone else. There isn't advice for the viewers. Just a bunch of Jillian yelling and then they "get it". I'm not sure what the at home audience is supposed to get out of it other than to lose weight Jillian needs to scream at you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter