Losing It with Jillian Michaels chit chat

I'm so disappointed that I will have to miss the premiere.. I'll be out of town, hopefully there's a TV near by. I love Jillian, she's one of my biggest inspirations and I think she's a great person to help motivate and get this country in shape. I agree, I wouldn't want her coming to my home for a week, but I know that she'll help those families. Hope it gets put on hulu!

I'm in! I'll be Tivoing since it's on past my bedtime, but I'm looking forward to getting tips from her show!

Maria :upsidedow

I really want to watch it but 10:00 is a little late for me too. I wonder if Comcast will carry in OnDemand?

I didn't watch the show, so I'll be curious to read what you all thought. I suppose they will have the episode available on NBC's web site, just as they did for The Biggest Loser.

I didn't watch the show, so I'll be curious to read what you all thought. I suppose they will have the episode available on NBC's web site, just as they did for The Biggest Loser.

I read on Facebook that last night's show is already up on NBC. According to the folks on the Community Board there is a lot of yelling and crying and not enough of how to do what you need to do. Hope that isn't the way it always will be. Just like BL, it takes me a day or two to watch. :rotfl:

I read on Facebook that last night's show is already up on NBC. According to the folks on the Community Board there is a lot of yelling and crying and not enough of how to do what you need to do. Hope that isn't the way it always will be. Just like BL, it takes me a day or two to watch. :rotfl:

I just got the e-mail synopsis from Jillian about the first week's show. I love The Biggest Loser because you get to know the contestants, and you SEE their progress from week to week. With only one week per family on Jillian's new show - there's not enough time to get attached to the families or see their progress...unless each episode ends with a "where are they now" update like BL.

I thought the show was pretty good, I hope it keeps be interested. I cried lol I'm such a baby. It is reairing tonight at 8pm its the same episode from last night.

I'm lucky, since I'm on the West Coast and have cable, I was able to "cheat" and watch it early.

Overall, I think it was really well done - but I agree that there should have been more "this is what you need to do" with diet and exercise. I have Jillian's book Master Your Metabolism (which I have and LOVE) so I'm able to guesstimate what her advice probably was - but that's something that should have been included in the show.

One thing I did notice though is for the dinner that was "Jillian approved" there were no starches (at least I didn't see any) - chicken with a fresh salsa type sauce, salad and roasted veggies. Still sounded good though!

So overall, I liked the show and I'll be watching (if not only to scare my butt in into shape :lmao:)

I have mixed feelings about the show. I found it a bit too contrived for my liking. I did end up watching it when it was on. I also wish they had talked more about the foods and given more specifics. I actually felt the show focused too much on the emotional issues. I know that is what led to the obesity for the most part but I just felt it was overdone.

I will give it another chance. I just saw that they are replaying last night's episode again tonight at 8 but I'm not going to watch it again.

Wilmington is about 30 minutes from where I live so I was interested in seeing it.

I miss BL!!!!!!

I had to turn it off after 10 minutes - I couldn't handle all the yelling! That would not motivate me! I hope it got better

I had to turn it off after 10 minutes - I couldn't handle all the yelling! That would not motivate me! I hope it got better

There was way too much drama. This show is supposed to show Jillian's softer, gentler side but that seemed to be missing last night. I hope they add more how tos and take out the drama.

Jillian tweeted last week that they were posting the shopping list and recipes from each family on the official site. The first family's information can be found if you go to the Losing It With Jillian official site, click families and then click shopping list and/or recipes on the right-hand side.

The recipes given seemed easy and yummy (I'll be changing the Italian Skillet recipe a bit before I make it), but I think even more information should be given about HOW they changed what they ate, etc.

I agree there was a LOT of yelling for the first bit - I had to smile at the accents of the family though - coming from the West Coast, I rarely hear accents like that! (I love listening to different accents - just not when they're yelling...;)).

I appreciated that they went over the emotional stuff that the family has gone through/is going through, but also agree it went on a bit too long. I really appreciated the look at Michelle's emotional health since I've struggled with many of the same things (though I didn't get gastric bypass, I have lost about half of the 60 lbs that I need to lose, but I still don't feel "thinner" if that makes sense).

I'm interested to see how the next show is edited - Jillian said that the producers were listening intently to constructive criticisms of the show (both on Twitter and also through NBC's site).

There was way too much drama. This show is supposed to show Jillian's softer, gentler side but that seemed to be missing last night. I hope they add more how tos and take out the drama.

That's the same thing dd said! :rotfl: We missed the 1st show but watched
the second show last night. WOW!! If she can do it I can do it! I cried a few times during this show - I can relate to what Debbie said about how she felt after losing her husband, even though my loss was my mom. I don't want to spoil it if someone has it taped, but I have to say at the end I loved what she said to the 12 year old girl (I have one of those ;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter