Loop/campsite selection

JoJo53155

Earning My Ears
Hello Fellow Campers,
Newbie here! This question is for those who have visited the Fort or are familiar with the lot selection process. I made reservations several months ago for a premium pet loop. Hubby and I took a ride to FW a few times in the last month to look around and scope out the area. We are now 3 months out and have selected a few ideal spots. We have a 42 ft. 5th wheel and Dually Truck crew cab with 8ft. bed so a big space would be needed and ease of backing in helps also. I called yesterday to ask if I can reserve a spot and they said not until 10 days out? Is this correct? Has anyone requested a loop and spot and got what they requested? My husband is really concerned with the backing in and a few spots would work really well..so just wondering if we can get what we request? (if it's available of course).

Call the reservations and be sure to have your camper size noted on it. (number of slides too). I don't use the "Designated" size of my camper (from manufacturer) rather I use the size that I measure from the tip of the Hitch to the tail of the trailer. (Might add a little for good measure) to ensure I don't have to "SQUEEZE" in to the site.

Even if you DO have a rough site, when you get there, if you don't fit, go back up front and request another. Unless they are completely booked up they are usually accommodating.

When you call to note your reservation with the trailer size (include the amount of slides too) ask them to note your "Preferred Loop" (as in your preference for a loop as opposed to the "Preferred" level of a loop since you have noted you have reserved a premium). Then at the 10 day (2 week) mark call back to confirm your preference.

The biggest way to help you get what you want is to be EARLY on check in day. By this I mean don't check-in at 6PM if you can help it... Shoot for 6:05 AM, when they can be more flexible. Then when you are checking in you can express your desire again. Often times, if the site you want is available (or will be when the current occupants check out later that day), they will hold it for YOU. You just may have to wait in the overflow for it. No worries though, You can park it there and go enjoy a park, restaurant or whatever. They will text you your site number when it's ready.

The later in the day you arrive, the less of a chance they have to "adjust" your site.

Wow that is a big rig package. I called and had Disney note the size of the rig and tv on our reservation, have to call them back as we added a day in the beginning on a different reservation. Gotta love them small rigs and big places.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter