looks like they have made some changes to the RAT and website

Not loving it yet, but I'm sure I'll adapt. :o Still not seeing the capability of adding the dining plan online either.

used chrome. It was just an option on your dashboard to modify. took me to a search function that let me search new dates for my existing reservation. showed me it was available and so I clicked next. Made me select which contract to use, then made me type out all the guests again. After that, it made the change. I think it hangs onto the existing reservation for you while it makes the change, but I am only speculating on that...

used chrome. It was just an option on your dashboard to modify. took me to a search function that let me search new dates for my existing reservation. showed me it was available and so I clicked next. Made me select which contract to use, then made me type out all the guests again. After that, it made the change. I think it hangs onto the existing reservation for you while it makes the change, but I am only speculating on that...

I decided to test this with a one night booking I currently have. The original reservation is 13 points, the "modification" reservation would have been only 9 points [4 points less], but it was going to force me to come up with the 9 points as if additional [in this situation involving borrowing] before it would let me book it. Since I didn't really want to modify - I didn't move forward. That was a little disappointing.

Very strange - it's working for me on my mac in all browsers. Do you know how to clear your cookies or go incognito? Maybe try that and see if it helps?

Still nothing after going incognito and clearing cache and cookies. Gonna give them a call.

If i try and modify my current reservation to add another day which is available then i'm not able to. Seem as if both the date that I already have and the additional needs to be available for me to add it.

bummer :-(

I decided to test this with a one night booking I currently have. The original reservation is 13 points, the "modification" reservation would have been only 9 points [4 points less], but it was going to force me to come up with the 9 points as if additional [in this situation involving borrowing] before it would let me book it. Since I didn't really want to modify - I didn't move forward. That was a little disappointing.

:scared: :scared: :scared:

I was able to make a reservation this morning but was a little surprised at how different everything looked from late last night. I wish they would just send out an announcement when they're changing something as important as the RAT and the booking tool. I'm not a morning person and at first I was a little panicked. :) On the other hand, it worked well for me and I was able to book my reservation so alls well I guess.

If i try and modify my current reservation to add another day which is available then i'm not able to. Seem as if both the date that I already have and the additional needs to be available for me to add it.

bummer :-(

I wondered about this... If that is the case it at least should reduce chances of a lot of new walking...

Additionally, you will see that the Resort Availability Tool has been combined with Online Booking so that finding an available room and booking the reservation is a more seamless experience.

I was just looking for the RAT so came here to see what was going on as I pulled up the booking calendar and found a giant mess.

Sorry but I don't see that combining the RAT and booking is adding to the experience. It's more like the booking engine vs the RAT and now you can't see past the 7 month mark if you don't own at the resort and IMO it's a very convoluted way to include options to select resorts you own at to 11 months and then all others to 7 months. Geez Disney!

My home resort is AK-Jambo usually at 11 month mark I am able to book both at Jambo House and Kidani Village. But this new system is treating Kidani as a non-home resort now :( I hope its just a glitch.

Still nothing after going incognito and clearing cache and cookies. Gonna give them a call.

Any luck?

I just called with exactly the same issue. Logged in, no issue. Did everything under the sun before calling - browser change, incognito, clearing cache etc. All my bookings are there under Member Dashboard. But blank screen loads when pushing for booking. On computer and phone.

And was told no one has this issue, no one has mentioned it.

Last edited:
I was just looking for the RAT so came here to see what was going on as I pulled up the booking calendar and found a giant mess.

Sorry but I don't see that combining the RAT and booking is adding to the experience. It's more like the booking engine vs the RAT and now you can't see past the 7 month mark if you don't own at the resort and IMO it's a very convoluted way to include options to select resorts you own at to 11 months and then all others to 7 months. Geez Disney!
I can see non-home resorts beyond the seven-month window. I just am not given the option to book those dates when the results come up.

The "add Magical Express" option is really wonky for me. I clicked it, but the new online reservation form doesn't allow you to paste in a reservation number, you have to select a reservation from the drop-down, which (of course) doesn't include the actual reservation number I'm looking for.

I can see non-home resorts beyond the seven-month window. I just am not given the option to book those dates when the results come up.

The "add Magical Express" option is really wonky for me. I clicked it, but the new online reservation form doesn't allow you to paste in a reservation number, you have to select a reservation from the drop-down, which (of course) doesn't include the actual reservation number I'm looking for.

I am also able to see availability at non-home resorts past the seven-month window.

Any luck?

I just called with exactly the same issue. Logged in, no issue. Did everything under the sun before calling - browser change, incognito, clearing cache etc. All my bookings are there under Member Dashboard. But blank screen loads when pushing for booking. On computer and phone.

same issue with me all works fine i can see my already booking , i have a bookmark to the RAT for 2 days and that bookmark works fine but when i try to look at a new booking just blank screen use chrome and explore and in incognito

If I select all of my home resorts and the rest of the WDW resorts, I'm able to see to the 11 month mark for all of them. It's just that when I try to book dates beyond 7 months for a non-home resort, it states that my membership is ineligible to book those dates. I think they just separate them on the initial booking page so members are aware that there is a difference in how far in the future they can book, but it doesn't have an effect on the availability you can view.

I was just able to make a small modification to the guest details for an existing booking and it went fine.

I do think it's strange that I don't see the link to my upcoming vacations from the dropdown anymore. I also don't understand how you're supposed to add to or remove days from an existing reservation since it wants all days to be open for booking (it doesn't seem to take into account the fact that you already have most of the days booked). And I do see the issues someone else mentioned where if you do try to modify a reservation to available dates, it doesn't use the points you would be releasing by canceling, but instead tries to have you borrow points if you don't have enough in the current UY.

Last edited:
Any luck?

No luck. Tried other Mac's and even a PC. Called M.S. and they said they know they are have issues and please give it some time.

same issue with me all works fine i can see my already booking , i have a bookmark to the RAT for 2 days and that bookmark works fine but when i try to look at a new booking just blank screen use chrome and explore and in incognito

Please phone technical as soon as you can. Thank you.

They are making it seem like no one else has the issue, and my account is F.I.N.E. fine on their end.

I let them know I expect it to be fixed. EDIT - Why did I have to let them know that on my end? Seems bizarre that a member would have to add that comment to any company. They acted like it was no big deal at all, that a member couldn't access the online booking feature. Total laissez faire. Almost like there wasn't an issue a la "you always have the phone/Member Services."

Like I have the power to fix online on my end somehow. Unreal response to a patient and polite conversation.

Last edited:
No luck. Tried other Mac's and even a PC. Called M.S. and they said they know they are have issues and please give it some time.

Technical or Member Services CM?

If it was a Member Services CM conversation, please call and press for technical support when you have time. They need to know/hear the specific problem and realize it's a larger issue.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter