Looking to go in February and I need help.....

mousy_in_canada

<font color=darkcoral>Ahhh to dream!<br><font colo
We are trying to pick out a DATE.. looking to go in February we just got back from our January/February trip (26-2nd) and the 1st part of our week was busy but then it died off.. found out that it was between semesters for the High schooler's.. so not the best time to pick.. when does it get busy in February? what weeks should we avoid.. I am thinking early Feb again because of Presidents day but is there something else I missed in there??? what week would you go and why?
Thanks so much and I am looking forward in planning this as much as going on this trip.. lol :rotfl:

We were just there from Feb. 6-18. The first week wasn't too bad, but it did pick up the next week and definitely an increase on Thursday (our last park day) as we neared Pres. Day weekend. I'd pick that first full week, Feb 5-11.

We just returned from our annual early Feb. trip(4th-11th); we were disappointed that it seemed much busier than in past years. I heard Superbowl and Mardi Gras contributed, but who knows.? I'm too debating next years dates.

A big cost factor to ask for 2006 is: When does value season end? I think that happens sometime in Feb.... maybe around Pres Day??

Like you said (and is evident in the data on UOG's site), Presidents Day is one to avoid. We were just there Feb 14-19 and noticed that by Thursday the 18th, the crowds were noticeably larger.

Next year, Superbowl (in Detroit) obviously wont impact Disney.

Good point.. This year the season ended on February 16th, so if I stuck to say the 8-15th then I SHOULD be ok..
any other factors in there for those dates?
THANKS SO MUCH!

Presidents day is 2/20/06; I would quess value season would end around 2/15 or 2/16. You can book the last day if value season and WDW will honor that rate for your entre stay, even when it goes into a higher rate season. My experience is the closer you get to this weekend the crowds will build. If you can think of maybe the first week of feb. I would think less crowds. Who knows about weather and other factors?

mark smith said:
Presidents day is 2/20/06; I would quess value season would end around 2/15 or 2/16. You can book the last day if value season and WDW will honor that rate for your entre stay, even when it goes into a higher rate season. My experience is the closer you get to this weekend the crowds will build. If you can think of maybe the first week of feb. I would think less crowds. Who knows about weather and other factors?

We went 2/6 - 2/10 and the crowds were only bad on the 7th which was the Monday because it was the day after superbowl, also we were at MK that day. Definetly alot of Mardi Gras people were there but they really weren't bad at all. The worst was the cheerleaders and the groups of them. The singing kinda got to me but other than that they weren't too bad. I heard they mostly stay at the Values and poor into the CB.
:grouphug:

We were there Feb 9-19 and I was pretty surprised how busy it was expecially as Presidents Day drew nearer. We were swormed with cheerleaders for a few days (Feb 11 and 12, I think). We were thinking of going a few earlier our next trip. Nothing beats mid-Jan for crowds though.

I'm still not sure how much larger the crowds are during Mardi Gras, but there is an increase.

Here are the future dates of Mardi Gras (it's like Easter, it changes yearly).

Upcoming Mardi Gras Dates:

2005 February 8
2006 February 28
2007 February 20
2008 February 5
2009 February 24
2010 February 16
2011 March 8
2012 February 21
2013 February 12
2014 March 4
2015 February 17
2016 February 9
2017 February 28
2018 February 13
2019 March 5
2020 February 25

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter