Looking for Saratoga Spring inside info

Disfan454

Mouseketeer
Any stayed there before. What did you like/not like and what should and shouldnt we do? We are going the first week of December 2013 with a group of 8.

Hello and welcome to DISboards! Your question is rather open ended. Can you be more specific?

Saratoga Springs is a wonderful resort. It has three great pool areas and another quieter pool. One table service restaurant and a counter service/grocery in the main building, plus counter service pool side at one pool. Lots of activities during the day, many around the main pool. Bike and Surrey rentals. There is a boat that takes you across the lake to Marketplace (or you can walk, not too far.) And of course the rooms are all "home away from home" style with Kitchens, laundry and bedrooms (except Studios with mini-kitchen.)

Downsides, for some people: Large resort, spread out, long walk for some to main building or else wait for a bus that circles back to the main area. Several bus stops makes for slightly longer bus rides. Buses can be full as they arrive at last stops during peak times in morning.

Any specific questions?

I have done 5 weeks at SSR plus another at the Treehouse Villas adjoining them.

There are 5 sections to SSR and most people put in a request for a certain section. These 5 sections each have a bus stop.

Grandstand is the first stop. This section has a quiet pool and a childrens splash/play area. It's about a 5 minute walk to the Carriage House which is where the restaurant, checkin, store, main themed pool is.

Carousel is the second stop. This is the only section I have no stayed in. There is no pool here and it's considered the least desirable section because of no pool and the distance to walk to the Carriage House (main area).

Paddock is third. This section has the newest themed pool and counter service. It's about a 7 minute walk to Carriage House.

Congress Park is the fourth stop. It has a nice quiet pool and the views of DTD. It's also going to have the shortest walk to DTD which is about 10 minutes. It's about a 5 minute walk to Carriage House

Springs is last. This is the section closest to the Carriage House; it's right across the street. For amenities it is the most desirable but being the last stop on the bus loop means that the buses may already be full in the mornings by the time it stops here.

The first week of December is probably one of the busiest weeks for DVC resorts so expect it to be fairly crowded here.

Artist's Pallette is the counter service and I like it. The selections are pretty limited but I think the choices offer some different choices. The sit down restaurant, Turf Club, is a hidden gem at WDW in my opinion.

The store has limited space and selection.

There is a boat to DTD; the dock is in the Springs Section but it's not much further to walk from Congress Park.

I have stayed in 4 of the 5 sections and I have been happy with all of them. The grounds are pretty, the walking paths are wide and well lit. I never felt that I was too far from the Carriage House.

Thank you both for the information. Pakey, the bus stops info was something I didnt think about and definitely didn't think about the DVCers. I was thinking I wanted a room near the carriage house but you have me reconsidering that. Any other information is welcome and appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter