Looking for 'Road Trip' game ideas!

Kelsie

DIS Veteran
We are driving to Disneyland the end of the month with 15 and 8 year old Girls. With the age difference, what are some ideas to keep the occupied (and NOT fighting).

They will each have their own CD player, books, etc. But I thought I would put some games together for them that does not include counting roadkill :rolleyes:

I would appreciate any ideas :)

I like to see how many of the 50 states we see..
The only rule is that you have to be driving, and not walking through the parking lot of a restaraunt(so I cheat and drive past them cars while leaving)..my only idea...cheesy, but makes the trip go a little quicker..:)

I think i'll do this one but maybe type the states and they can check them off. My DD's handwriting is a bit scary :teeth:

Thanks for the response Shep, I really appreciate it :)

On a recent long car ride with a six year old, we kept him occupied for close to an hour by "writing" our own story. We went around from person to person, each adding a line to the story. We were all laughing and it made some of the time pass pretty quickly.

Another trick I've used with my nieces and nephews is to have small wrapped gifts that they could open every hour or two. I'd get things like those slates that you write on with a plastic pen, and lift the sheet up to erase. Maybe a brand new box of crayons. Perhaps a few Starbursts or Skittles (not too many--don't want to have a sugared up kid in the car). The kids loved getting their little presents, and we were able to keep them behaving by reminding them that if they were good they'd get their next present in 30 minutes (or whatever).

Karen

This is what we do for our three girls.

FIrst we bought a TV-VCR combo and the plug to use in the car. Really cheap at about $100 at Walmart. The girls also have CD players.

We bring activity books, crayons, and markers.
THey also have Pixtars, and handheld Yachtzee and stuff like that.

I like the idea about the gifts...:)
Have to try that with the girls...If they are good they get the gift..:)

We are a road trip family! The best one I've tried is to give each kid a roll of quarters ($10.00). That's their spending money to do whatever they want with it - no questions asked. The catch is, everytime they fight they have to give you a quarter out of their roll. Works every time!

Another way to pass the time is the alphabet game. You need to go through the alphabet by watching for signs. For younger kids, anytime you see the letter it counts. Older kids and adults are restricted to only the first or last letter in a word. Q, Z and X take a long time to find! No license plate letters allowed but lettering on passing trucks is ok. We do this between NY and Massachusetts and I can't tell you how happy we are to see the APEX store right before Providence, RI. We're just about home when the game is finished!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter