Looking for recommendations for hotels along I75 - Tennessee

Suzanne in Canada

Earning My Ears
We are driving down I 75 for March Break. Not our first time driving ,but the first time close to March Break. We'd like to book a hotel or two for the stop over because last year in April we ran into a tennis tournament in one town and had to drive another hour to find a hotel.

We are leaving Kitchener 4-5am on Thurs. March 6 and hope to make it to one of the following areas that night:

Knoxville
Chattanooga
Atlanta (I think my hubby is overly ambitious on this one).

We have 4 and 7 yr old DD. Can you recommend hotels along I75 close to any of these cities? Or do you have other recommendations for where we should stop?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Suzanne in Kitchener

Last year, we stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Ringgold, GA, about 5 minutes south of Chattanooga. Nothing fancy, but it did have an indoor pool and a continental breakfast included in the cost of the room. We would stay there again.

This was on the drive back. We left Ringgold at 8:00am and arrived in London by 11:00pm or so. We were slowed somewhat at the border (crossing at Port Huron/Sarnia) and it had been snowing, which slowed us a little. I would think you should be able to make it from Kitchener in a day. Atlanta would add another 2 hours or so to your day.

- Mike

We have made the drive from Kitchener 3 times. We've always made it just past Chatanooga on the first day when we stop for an overnight. I'd highly recommend Dave Hunters Book Along I75 its invaluable. I have this years version if you'd like to borrow it. Just used it in January. I'm in New Hamburg.

We've always stopped at the TN tourist place, they have coupon books for hotels. We call and book one last minute and have gotten really good deals.

TMLI - We have the Along I75 book, it was invaluable on our last trip. Because of March Break we don't want to chance it without a reservation we were looking for recommendations. Although there are lots of hotels listed in the book, we recall on our last trip having to drive to a couple of motels before we found one we were "comfortable" with.

TimNDansMom - my husband is now really is pushing to get past Knoxville to Chattenooga. Personally I would prefer stopping sooner, but he's the driver......

Mike - thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

HI You can got to roomsaver.com or exitguide.com for hotel coupons If you make to exit 60 tnn sweetwater you are have way. we live in hamilton it is 12 hrs to the border of the of tnn 3hrs to georgia
We ususally make to exit 333 in georgia(20 miles in the state) thens its 9 hrs to disney
we also use our cell phone to call 2 hrs ahead to get a room found in the exit guides, they will usually hold it for you
by the dave hunter book along interstate 75
we leave at 4 in the morning and in a hotel at 8 pm

have fun:earsboy:

I agree with Mike about the Holiday Inn Express in Ringgold -- we've stayed there. If you don't get as far as you'd like due to weather, there's a great Comfort Inn at exit 141 in Tenn. They are really nice rooms and the continental breakfast is really good. We always stay there on our way home, but on the way down, we like to get a little further south so it's not such a long drive the next day. There's a good Holiday Inn express at Dalton GA as well as a Hampton Inn. Someone else posted about exit 60 Tenn at Sweetwater -- lots of hotels there. When you get off the exit, head east towards town.

Have a great trip and a safe drive.

Mary Liz

Fairfield Inn in Corbin Tennessee. We drove all the way to Macon our first day...left at 1:00 am in that snow storm we had on March 5th got to Macon at 9 o'clock (due to snow, rain, sleet yopu name it we drove trough it)...we we're beat but we're only 6 hours from Orlando so the next day was a leisurely drive...got in early swam and had a gret night sleep..checked into disney at 8 am the next day and headed right to the Magic Kingdom. Our duaghter is 9 and she slept until Detriot (6 am) and then fell asleep again until about noon!!!!! It was great!!! We stopped ever couple of hours and at lunch we pulled out the footbal and tossed it around..helps to get the kinks out and the strech out those tired muscles and puts the kids back in a better mood!!!! Hubby too!!! Have fun!!!P.S Corbin was our half way mark on the trip home:Pinkbounc

We just got back last night - thanks everyone for your recommendations. In case anyone is reading this for their future trips, here is what we did:

On the way down we stayed at Travelodge in Chattenooga, it was cheap, but not the greatest hotel.

On the way home we stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Corbin Kentucky. Very nice hotel but we didn't see much because it was almost 10:00pm and we wanted to get the kids to bed.

Suzanne in Kitchener

we stay at the Fairfield -Corbin too-
Don't forget your trip report, and a link on cdn side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter