Looking for extra silver lanyards

WOAH!!!! You are opening yourself up to all kinds of crazy by posting your address. I would delete it ASAP!! This is a PUBLIC forum and you DO NOT have to be a registered user to read it.

Noted! Thanks!

Ahhh, the struggles!! Can't wait to strut the infamous black lanyard.
if you were looking for the ones that come out before the different levels I got a lot of those though like someone else mentioned all mine don't have the plastic things that actually hold cards mine usually break by end of cruises

I haven't read but 2 pages of this thread and thought I'd add my experience. I have had the same issues with traveling friends and especially children. I am on my 12th cruise in October with Disney. In January 2012, I suggested a Disney cruise for some of my adult friends and they joined me. They fought over my "old" silver lanyard and one even insisted that she get one. In January 2013, I traveled on the Fantasy with that same friend, who was now a silver anyhow, and her sister and brother-in-law. She then fought over my old "gold" lanyard and wanted everyone to then cascade their silver lanyards to the other people traveling. I ended up giving them my DVC lanyard, since they give them per cabin anyhow.

The worse... is when I took my friend and her children (who had sailed before in 2010) and her friend and her friend's children. What a nightmare. The "new" kids were literally crying and whining because they didn't get silver lanyards. They were complaining that they didn't get either the Gold or Silver CC door magnet. It was a nightmare. Even the CC gift left in the stateroom became some sort of competition. DVC left 10 lanyards across the 3 verandah staterooms that I booked on DVC points. No one wanted the DVC lanyard!

I give up! Now they'll be fighting over my platinum lanyard. I agree that it is a status symbol, but I sailed with another Platinum member who didn't wear any lanyard. The only way to tell was if you asked her or saw it printed on her KTTW card.

I guess that's a lot or words to say that I don't have any silver lanyards.

taswira said:
I agree. I think that's a much better idea. :)

I know I am in the minority in my opinion and will surely be flamed for this (But don't bother, as I'm not going to try to defend my views further here as I'm not looking for a fight and won't subscribe to this thread - lol), but I don't think it's right for those who have not sailed the required number of times on DCL to wear a silver, gold or platinum lanyard. Even when my DH sailed with me (his 1st DCL) in a Cat. T suite on the Fantasy, I gave him a non-CC DCL lanyard to wear instead of one of my platinum ones. I just don't believe in misrepresentation. ;)

Sure, the lanyards are cheap (I personally don't like them as I prefer my more comfortable nylon cord one), but the colors have a significance to the DCL CMs who say "Welcome back" or instantly recognize that you've sailed at least 10 times or whatever for your level, and may start a conversation about your previous cruises, etc. They were designed with that in mind. The fact that many people have been handing out their accumulated CC level lanyards like candy have made them totally insignificant. Again, just my opinion and I've kept it to myself all this time that the common practice of giving away (or even selling) extra CC lanyards has been going on. But the request for 25 of them at once triggered my response. I do realize that the majority here couldn't care less. :sad2:

Really???
Well if you pay attention, they can tell on your KTTW card what level you are and if you are concierge. They had the KTTW color coded unless they have recently changed that. CMs could tell my the color of your KTTW card.
I really have much bigger issues to concern myself with than if a first time cruiser is wearing a silver lanyard! Seriously. First World Problems!

I haven't read but 2 pages of this thread and thought I'd add my experience. I have had the same issues with traveling friends and especially children. I am on my 12th cruise in October with Disney. In January 2012, I suggested a Disney cruise for some of my adult friends and they joined me. They fought over my "old" silver lanyard and one even insisted that she get one. In January 2013, I traveled on the Fantasy with that same friend, who was now a silver anyhow, and her sister and brother-in-law. She then fought over my old "gold" lanyard and wanted everyone to then cascade their silver lanyards to the other people traveling. I ended up giving them my DVC lanyard, since they give them per cabin anyhow.

The worse... is when I took my friend and her children (who had sailed before in 2010) and her friend and her friend's children. What a nightmare. The "new" kids were literally crying and whining because they didn't get silver lanyards. They were complaining that they didn't get either the Gold or Silver CC door magnet. It was a nightmare. Even the CC gift left in the stateroom became some sort of competition. DVC left 10 lanyards across the 3 verandah staterooms that I booked on DVC points. No one wanted the DVC lanyard!

I give up! Now they'll be fighting over my platinum lanyard. I agree that it is a status symbol, but I sailed with another Platinum member who didn't wear any lanyard. The only way to tell was if you asked her or saw it printed on her KTTW card.

I guess that's a lot or words to say that I don't have any silver lanyards.

And you still travel with this charmer...why???

Really??? Well if you pay attention, they can tell on your KTTW card what level you are and if you are concierge. They had the KTTW color coded unless they have recently changed that. CMs could tell my the color of your KTTW card. I really have much bigger issues to concern myself with than if a first time cruiser is wearing a silver lanyard! Seriously. First World Problems!
are the kttw cards color coded? I've only since people with different colors when they were concierge, but then again I don't look at other peoples cards close I know they can tell what you are by the card mine said platinum and they knew to give discount at store

are the kttw cards color coded? I've only since people with different colors when they were concierge, but then again I don't look at other peoples cards close I know they can tell what you are by the card mine said platinum and they knew to give discount at store
For my 4/2014 sailing, I booked the 3 DVC rooms so that one of the Castaway members were in each room. This broke up one family across 3 rooms. So I inquired about rearranging people at the terminal check-in and was told that they could not reassign people, but I could do so at the customer service desk on board. I went on board and they printed cards and they were slightly different.

Now, I have had and know about the gold KTTW for concierge. Looking at my last 6 sailings, the cards are almost all blue with a dark blue "banner" area on top. Two of the sailings have a red "banner" area at the top. I even have one Disney Dream KTTW card that is all purple, no banner with Goofy (rather than Mickey on all my others).

DMMarla07860 said:
They were....the reason I know that was because a CM pointed it out to me! Told me that was how he could tell who was what level...by their KTTW card color not the lanyard! I hadn't noticed until he pointed it out. It may have changed but there were 4 colors because concierge was a separate color plus the 3 levels.

I am stunned by the overall hypocrisy of the board. In the past I have read threads praising people for passing on their lanyards to newbies, I can't believe the opinions on here. I guess the last two Fantasy concierge cruises we had, we should have flashed our cards around to let people know how important we were lol. By the way we are of minimum importance, just love to cruise:)

Based on previous threads I had thought about sharing our old lanyards, but kid going to college is not allowing it right now. We have kept them and hope to share them at some point in the future. It really is not a big deal, if it allows them to enjoy their cruise more by having a CC lanyard and not looking like a newbie so be it:)

Cheers
Cgolf

As I stated, my most recent cruise a friend didn't even wear their platinum lanyard. The issue I have personally had with friends, is that they wanted to wear the status when they didn't have the status. My other problem was children thinking of it as a "status" symbol and literally whining over why they didn't get gold or silver lanyards. I have still given my old lanyards to them, but it was the "fighting" over them that was sad.

I think the only purpose of the lanyards, is to quickly let the cast know that you are a previous guess at a particular loyalty level. I have worn a silver lanyard when when I was gold. I have worn a DVC lanyard as well, even though I was gold Castaway Club. I see it more as showing that you're a member of a club, just like I wear a DVC Member hat sometimes.

I think it should stay as solely an identifier for the cast to recognize past guests. I don't believe that the majority of people "wear their colors" with disdain for others. I think it's moreso that the cast and crew are aware of that person's loyalty to the cruiseline. Other than that, in the grand scheme of things, it is nothing but an adornment to hold your KTTW card and other items (like receipts).

I am stunned by the overall hypocrisy of the board. In the past I have read threads praising people for passing on their lanyards to newbies, I can't believe the opinions on here. I guess the last two Fantasy concierge cruises we had, we should have flashed our cards around to let people know how important we were lol. By the way we are of minimum importance, just love to cruise:)

Based on previous threads I had thought about sharing our old lanyards, but kid going to college is not allowing it right now. We have kept them and hope to share them at some point in the future. It really is not a big deal, if it allows them to enjoy their cruise more by having a CC lanyard and not looking like a newbie so be it:)

Cheers
Cgolf

Well said. I find it hard to talk about the specialness of "earning" something.....by suffering through a Disney cruise. In their best form, the lanyards are fun symbols of the great number of people who know and love Disney cruising. At their worst, they are apparently a means bragging, classism and exclusion. I prefer the first way. Lanyards are pixie dust we spread on new cruisers.

I would be happy to send you what I have. I'll will check when I get home tomorrow and pm you how many I have.

Wow. I never thought of the lanyards being such a big symbolic deal. We've never worn ours. We generally just leave them behind or toss them. We don't like wearing lanyards at all.

But, it does explain a lady we "met" waiting for the theater to open one evening on our last Fantasy cruise. She had just come from the gold/platinum reception (we skipped it for lack of interest). She had a glass of wine in hand and seemed to be having such a good, laid-back time so we played along enjoying our funny little conversation. We were talking, laughing, joking about some silliness we'd struck up. In the context of our fun she picked up her gold lanyard as if to flash it ceremoniously and proclaimed, "Goooold!" We thought this was quite funny and we all got a laugh. Who knew someone really thought of those lanyards as a status symbol? The whole rest of the cruise the husband & I joked about our own status (at that time I was on my 7th sailing): "Gold + 2!" LOL!

Hubby used to make all sorts of little jokes about why we cruised so much as being an effort to further his "cruise career" so the labels and such just added to that. The whole thing was just silly-funny to us. Its hard to imagine taking any of it seriously. Wearing the lanyards....I don't really like the color of the gold & silver ones but its inconsequential since I wouldn't wear one anyway. I think the platinum ones are the most aesthetically pleasing but I still doubt I ever wear one.

:D

I can't help the OP because we -- adults -- ditch our lanyards in the cabin. I wish we could check the box for "No thanks, I don't need a lanyard." -- Suzanne

Same here. CC and DVC lanyards and all of them are left behind. We don't wear them on the ship or off. It would be nice if you could indicate in advance that you don't want them - much like the newspaper outside the hotel room door in the morning.

I never wear a lanyard for the status. I use too before silver, gold and platinum came out. Now I wear one because I seemed to lose my card every time I didn't wear it lol

This thread is so sad.
Maybe some will say I'm just jealous b/c I'll never make Platinum & Gold is a decade away or more.

I brought generic lanyards for my kids who hadn't sailed before when we went this May. The CM Who checked me into my state room, along with three of my children, noted that one of my boys did not have silver status. She said to me, "It's _____ first cruise with us, right?" I confirmed it. She said, "But he'll cruise with us again?" with a big smile.
Without missing a beat I said, "Of course." And she gave him one too. I thought it was sweet she was thinking he might feel left out.

Meanwhile DH was checking into his state room with 3 of our daughters. Only he got the silver lanyard in there.

Do you know that none of my kids even blinked at who had what color lanyard?!

I'm heading on a Princess cruise in Nov. I'm taking a cheesy black lanyard from Walmart b/c I like to wear my card.

She had just come from the gold/platinum reception

There's a gold/plat reception? Any idea typically when/where? Also, dh/ds/I will be gold, our other kids (teens/20s) will be silver, but will be in our rooms... can they join the reception or only for those that are actually gold (not traveling w/golds)?

I never even knew this existed! LOL!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter