Looking For Control Freaks & Worry Warts too........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I smoked for about 20 years except for 1 year when i was pregnant etc ... Umm i have given up many times before with nothing etc then last year i tried the patches and they did nothing for me at all in fact i smoked whilst i had the patches on oops .. anyway they have a new tablet here which controls the brain's addiction to nicotine .. so i tried that and haven't had a cigarette for 19 weeks!!
Your year does sound very stressful i'm not surprised you started smoking again

ang - first of all -:grouphug: That did sound like a crappy year!

Good luck to all of you trying to quit the habit. Come from a family of smokers - fortunately, never took to it myself. I can certainly appreciate how hard it is to stop - hang in there! I turn to my wine when I'm stressed - but studies say that's good for you, right? (who am I kidding?)

Ok - I'm off to get one DD to bed; the other DD watches "Lost" with me. Can't wait!

Have a good night everyone!

No drinking. One more reason not to care that I can't go. It would be a four hour flight to Seattle, then a three hour drive to Vancouver w/DD probably bored. Then the wedding, no drinking, go karting and maybe bowling. I think I like this staying home thing more now.

I agree! Stay home and be happy about it I guess.

CONGRATS to you girls who quit or are quitting (or want to quit)!!! That is great!!! I just typed this whole long lecture about smoking and how I feel about it and decided you guys wouldn't want to hear it...
delete... delete delete....

And I never commented on the kid’s behavior subject but if it makes you guys feel any better my DD is giving me a run for my money with her mouth now and she's only 5!! DS is a huge crybaby. He doesn’t speak well at all so he screeches and cries way too much! I am either loving them to death or ready to send them to a new family! There's no in between with my kids. They are either angels or devils.

Ang... I am truly sorry you are having a bad year! Hopefully things turn around. VENT here whenever you feel like it!

Looking forward to drunken posting tomorrow but the problem is DH is researching the trucks on-line every minute. I will let him get away with it for now since he doesn't seem to be jumping into anything without thinking it through but I hate when he's on MY computer!

I know that I'm healthier now, but I feel so out of control sometimes! And will my temper get better? I seem to yell at DD all the time now, whereas before I just let everything slide. Last night we came home from McD's and the little boy next door came by to see if DD wanted to go to Kid's Conditioning at our clubhouse - I told him no since we had just gotten home and were getting ready to eat. She got so upset and said that she "never gets to do anything fun." I snapped! I told her I guessed that the new Nintendo she got "isn't fun" and Disney World for P&PP "wasn't fun" and going to McD's "isn't fun." And I just went on and on. I sent her to her room and told her when she was finished acting like a spoiled brat and ready to apologize she could come down and eat her cold dinner! By the time she came down about 10 minutes later, she was in much better spirits. Maybe it sank in?

I just fell asleep for a 1/2 hour, and I think it did more harm than good. Once DD gets home from school (in about 5 minutes) I think I'm going to try again - she probably needs a little nap, too! We are getting our hair cut tonight and I don't feel well right now. But I have to feel better in time for my hair appt, right???

I understand the snapping thing. Did that the other night on the way home from Costco. Got the girls McD's and a treat from Costco and still got "we never get anything fun. I am board." I lost it. Started saying how many lucky things she has: private school, swim lessons, trip to Disney, two parents that love her. I realized I crossed the line on the parent comment. DD6 started to cry and then DD 16 mos lost it. WE got home and they got big hugs. DD says I love you Mom and I know you do nice things for me. Ouch!:scared: Rest of the night went much better. Oh how I wish I could control it. I've been thru therapy before for relationship issues with DH. We've grown up together. Started dating at 16, now we're 32. Therapy helped with general communication. I just need to put some of that understanding towards the girls.

Hope the hair cut felt good. I am in need of one as well I've grown my hair out for Locks of Love. I am getting sick of brushing it out. I think I can safely cut off 14 inches without looking like a guy ;)

Off to relax and watch Lipstick Jungle. Read the book and fell in love with it.

Looking forward to drunken posting tomorrow but the problem is DH is researching the trucks on-line every minute. I will let him get away with it for now since he doesn't seem to be jumping into anything without thinking it through but I hate when he's on MY computer!

Drunken posting -- woo hoo, I'm in. :thumbsup2 You do realize that I'm 6 hours behind the East Coast, so I'll probably still be at work when you guys start...:rolleyes1

Good luck to all of you trying to quit the habit. Come from a family of smokers - fortunately, never took to it myself. I can certainly appreciate how hard it is to stop - hang in there! I turn to my wine when I'm stressed - but studies say that's good for you, right? (who am I kidding?)

Ok - I'm off to get one DD to bed; the other DD watches "Lost" with me. Can't wait!

Actually, my doctor told me I should have a 1/2 of glass of wine a night..I just don't care for it...:lmao: I like something stronger....

thanks everyone...

I heard about that pill. (for smoking) one person it work for and the other didn't. Might look into..soon.

It was a bad year...but I have grown from it....Only thing is everyone thinks I should take care of them...I said, who is going to take care of me...you guys will be dead...:lmao: I am 43, yikes, I am getting to old take care of them...I take care of our mom...thats enough for me.

Kids go through different stages....my DS is 10, he is at that stage mouthy, sloppy, and don't think he have to do what he is told. My DD is 17, I love this stage. I don't get the mouth, she keeps her room clean and obey the rules.
I can't wait until my son is at this age...no more battles!

How did you quit smoking?
I been trying for 6 months now...I only been smoking for 3 years....i quit long time ago with no problem....
I started because of stress:rotfl: ....my mom in the hospital, then my brother had a 5 by pass...he came and live with me to take care of. Then my other brother end up congestion heart failure, and another brother had 2 by pass done and end up having 2 strokes. None of my brothers have wives:headache: So, it up to me take care of them and I had to talk to the doctors and so on..(because stay at home mom) Plus, I was planning a huge 80th party for my mom (I come from a family of 10) and my DH back went out that week when everyone was coming into town. DH was on workmen cop for 5 months and had surgry. That was bad year. (Only thing good about it we went to WDW)Thats how I end up smoking:rotfl: I am so sick of smoking..sometime I smoke because am bored. I am down to 3 a day....I don't want to put on weight.

I am stay at mom..:rotfl: my kids are 10 and 17. I quite my job when my DS was year old. I was a floral designer...the hours did not fit well to raise a family. I had to work weekends and so does my DH.

Right now, I am stress about college, cars, money, and daily stuff. :eek:

Its weird though, when I not home, I don't smoke...I am a closet smoker:rolleyes1
Well, I will stop...

Ang! Your brothers with the "heart conditions" - are they smokers? PLEASE take care of yourself! Your kids need you! The doc I worked for saw lots of people with clogged arteries, unable to walk in their 50s - due to smoking! They had to have surgery to re-route their arteries :scared1:

Okay, off my soap box - I am sorry for all of your stress! :grouphug:

Wine, good. Lost, good. Where did Michael come from :confused3

what time did we decide on?

DARN! I'll be working...I look forward to reading your posts! :dance3:

Lisa - stay home and dance and eat with your kids! Drink wine and post with us! Sounds like more fun anyway!

P.S. Okay, everyone, I'm "Pre-trippin" - this is my shameless promotion of my own PTR!!!

what time did we decide on?
Drunken posting -- woo hoo, I'm in. :thumbsup2 You do realize that I'm 6 hours behind the East Coast, so I'll probably still be at work when you guys start...:rolleyes1

Are we really doing this tonite? I'm in too - we just need to agree on a time. I have my DD's slumber party tonite so I'll be looking for a distraction from six Middle-schoolers running around my house! But first, I'm taking them out to a chinese restaurant for dinner (our fave place:love: ), so no drinks for me until I get back around 8-8:30 (ET). If you started already, I'll just jump on!

Wine, good. Lost, good. Where did Michael come from :confused3 !

Ooh - Lost was soooo good last nite! Were you not sobbing about Jin? Don't think he's really dead, BTW. I'm thinking he was left on the island and the surviving six are all lying about it. As for Michael, it was rumored that he was going to be Ben's spy on the boat - I don't trust him! The bigger question now is -- Where's Walt?

I'll be sure to check out your pre-trippie, Tammie. I've gotten into reading alot of these trip reports - they're fun - I feel like I'm on the vacation too! While I don't think I have much to say for a pre-trip, I'm thinking I"ll definitely do a trip report when we get back in June!

Ang! Your brothers with the "heart conditions" - are they smokers? PLEASE take care of yourself! Your kids need you! The doc I worked for saw lots of people with clogged arteries, unable to walk in their 50s - due to smoking! They had to have surgery to re-route their arteries :scared1:

Matter of fact, No, these 3 brothers do not smoke. The one brother Bill, was 48, when he had his Heart attack. Bill is the one who had the 5 by pass done. I was very shock when I received the phone call from my mom....I had to question her several times,(she never use the right names) because he is a health freak and exercise and lift weights. Heart disease runs in my moms' family. Ok, my mom comes a family of 10, Most all her brothers died of heart attacks by the age of 60. My father died of heart attack back in 1996, he was 76.

Out of the 10 of us, only 2 of use smoke. The oldest, Joe is 63 and me, the youngest.

Do you guys get together to chat? In the chat rooms? or on here?
What time? May I join? I really don't do nothing on Friday night except drive my kids around.

My daughter wrote a paper for school, she is a junior in high school. I think it well written, It bought tears to my eyes. It had to be something about themselves and had to questions and answer them plus, have back up research from the internet. I am so proud of her. I thought about posting it but its 5 papers long...

Are we really doing this tonite? I'm in too - we just need to agree on a time. I have my DD's slumber party tonite so I'll be looking for a distraction from six Middle-schoolers running around my house! But first, I'm taking them out to a chinese restaurant for dinner (our fave place:love: ), so no drinks for me until I get back around 8-8:30 (ET). If you started already, I'll just jump on!

Ooh - Lost was soooo good last nite! Were you not sobbing about Jin? Don't think he's really dead, BTW. I'm thinking he was left on the island and the surviving six are all lying about it. As for Michael, it was rumored that he was going to be Ben's spy on the boat - I don't trust him! The bigger question now is -- Where's Walt?

I'll be sure to check out your pre-trippie, Tammie. I've gotten into reading alot of these trip reports - they're fun - I feel like I'm on the vacation too! While I don't think I have much to say for a pre-trip, I'm thinking I"ll definitely do a trip report when we get back in June!

Thanks for checking in on my PTR, Cammie! I like to read them, too - helps me escape Winter for a little while. Sometimes I spend too much time here, though.
Lost - I was a little confused about Jin, and then shocked that he was dead. Hmmm, good theory. I think Walt is dead, cuz he keeps appearing to people on the island - there's always that whisper sound. My family recognized Michael right away and said he was Ben's spy. I didn't think it was him - guess it is. :confused3 I can't figure out why Penny's dad sent the ship and he's controlling everything.

Have a great Friday! Hope your sleepover goes well!

Matter of fact, No, these 3 brothers do not smoke. The one brother Bill, was 48, when he had his Heart attack. Bill is the one who had the 5 by pass done. I was very shock when I received the phone call from my mom....I had to question her several times,(she never use the right names) because he is a health freak and exercise and lift weights. Heart disease runs in my moms' family. Ok, my mom comes a family of 10, Most all her brothers died of heart attacks by the age of 60. My father died of heart attack back in 1996, he was 76.

Out of the 10 of us, only 2 of use smoke. The oldest, Joe is 63 and me, the youngest.

What time? May I join? I really don't do nothing on Friday night except drive my kids around.

My daughter wrote a paper for school, she is a junior in high school. I think it well written, It bought tears to my eyes. It had to be something about themselves and had to questions and answer them plus, have back up research from the internet. I am so proud of her. I thought about posting it but its 5 papers long...

We haven't been chatting, really - just posting here, but a few of the girls are talking about all getting on here at the same time and having a drink "together" and posting. I won't be here, but I know you're welcome to join in! Congrats to your daughter - it's so great when our kids do well, isn't it! Have a happy Friday, and keep joining us - we love to listen!

And I never commented on the kid’s behavior subject but if it makes you guys feel any better my DD is giving me a run for my money with her mouth now and she's only 5!! DS is a huge crybaby. He doesn’t speak well at all so he screeches and cries way too much! I am either loving them to death or ready to send them to a new family! There's no in between with my kids. They are either angels or devils.

I understand the snapping thing. Did that the other night on the way home from Costco. Got the girls McD's and a treat from Costco and still got "we never get anything fun. I am board." I lost it. Started saying how many lucky things she has: private school, swim lessons, trip to Disney, two parents that love her. I realized I crossed the line on the parent comment. DD6 started to cry and then DD 16 mos lost it. WE got home and they got big hugs. DD says I love you Mom and I know you do nice things for me. Ouch!:scared: Rest of the night went much better. Oh how I wish I could control it. I've been thru therapy before for relationship issues with DH. We've grown up together. Started dating at 16, now we're 32. Therapy helped with general communication. I just need to put some of that understanding towards the girls.

Hope the hair cut felt good. I am in need of one as well I've grown my hair out for Locks of Love. I am getting sick of brushing it out. I think I can safely cut off 14 inches without looking like a guy ;)

Off to relax and watch Lipstick Jungle. Read the book and fell in love with it.

Mine has sooo become this way, too! She is either the most loving, sweet child, coming home from school and making snacks for both of us and bringing me my snack to my office. Then telling me to call her if I need anything! :lovestruc Then there is the "other" child - the spoiled brat who disagrees with everything I say! So I have become two people too. The loving mother, or the mean ole mom. Arrrgggghhh!

The haircut was wonderful! DD finally agreed to take about 3-4 inches off so it just brushes her shoulders. It looks so much healthier now, and very cute! I went even shorter than before - I'm shooting for the pixie cut if I can ever get these last 12 lbs off and my face will thin out a bit!!!

Count me in!!! I've got my new martini glasses and my new shaker all ready to go! :woohoo: What time? Keahi, just mix a little vodka in a thermos, they'll never know! :rotfl:

I heard about that pill. (for smoking) one person it work for and the other didn't. Might look into..soon.

It was a bad year...but I have grown from it....Only thing is everyone thinks I should take care of them...I said, who is going to take care of me...you guys will be dead...:lmao: I am 43, yikes, I am getting to old take care of them...I take care of our mom...thats enough for me.

The pill my doctor prescribed was Chantix. I had heard mixed reviews, and some said it made them sick, etc. So I went into it with a positive attitude, and it was truly a "miracle" drug for me! As long as you drink LOTS of water, the stomach upset should be minimal for the first couple of weeks. And take it on schedule. I was fine the first week I quit, but the second week I was really craving, and "snuck" 2 or 3 from DH - but that was it and I've been smoke free now for 9 weeks. Yes, I've gained some weight, and my moods have been really weird. But it's finally starting to get somewhat back to normal. Just prepare your family for the nutty moods. I was seriously a "donkey on the edge" for about a month!!!! I had a friend who tried Chantix and because it upset her tummy, she cut back to 1/2 a pill and wondered why it wouldn't work! And because she was moody and gained 1/2 lb the first week (like you can tell that quickly!) she decided she'll just keep smoking! That really irritated me - I found it to be terribly selfish that she'd rather keep smoking that gain a few pounds. She has two beautiful children, too! That's why I quit. For Ally.

So sorry for all of your stress - that sounds awful! But I am actually LESS stressed now that I don't worry about my health like I used to - I obsessed about it because I knew I shouldn't be smoking! Now if I could just start to obsess about not overeating! :lmao:

Wine, good. Lost, good. Where did Michael come from :confused3

P.S. Okay, everyone, I'm "Pre-trippin" - this is my shameless promotion of my own PTR!!!

Have you posted your PTR yet? I look forward to reading it!

Lost has me so, well, er.... lost!!!! As always! Did Michael actually recognize Sahid and Desmond? I know they recognized him, but I couldn't tell by his reaction? Was he allied with Ben at one point? I don't remember that. As for Jin, I was so lost there, too - I thought the panda was for his baby, was that supposed to be BEFORE they ended up on the island? So far the "Oceanic 6" are who? Hurley, Sun, Jack, Kate, and Sahid, right? Room for one more.... please let it be shirtless Sawyer, please let it be shirtless Sawyer, please let it be shirtless Sawyer! :rotfl2:

Are we really doing this tonite? I'm in too - we just need to agree on a time. If you started already, I'll just jump on!

OK, if y'all don't tell me what time I'll just start now! :rotfl2: I may try a flirtini with the X-Fusion tonight! I mean, since I got my new martini glasses it only makes sense, right? :confused3

No chat room, just here on the boards, but because everyone is on at the same time, it goes pretty quick, almost like chatting! Come join us!

PHones were down at work all day yesterday, so I did nothing. Still down today - our office is based out of Chattanooga, TN, and all of us that work from home log into the remote server. So people call Chattanooga and they get me in Florida! I love it! The server crashed so the new one is supposed to be installed today.

I have someone coming out the afternoon to install tinting on our family room windows. It's a 2 story room, and I noticed yesterday that the sun was coming in the upper windows and in Florida that means faded paint, etc. And I think I found a painter who gave me a good price to paint that room, plus the staircase. Now if I can just get them out here ASAP. I'm tired of waiting with these boring beige walls!

I'll check back later - But I have one word for you - TGIF!!!!!!

Hiya all -

Tammie , sorry couldn't get the pre trippie up - gave a not found message when I tried :confused3

I will not be joining you all tonight - we are 5 hours ahead - and I need my beauty sleep!!!

Well done on the quitting smoking - I quit 10 years ago - used nicorette gum - got addicted to that instead, weaned off to normal sugar free dental gum and now have really healthy teeth!! I am however still an ex smoker, not a non-smoker, and still get a twinge of craving when I smell my old brand..... not too often now....

Erin - we have had such fun at DLRParis that anything you want to know, just ask - I will put together a list of must do's - there are some great hidden secrets over there - finding them made the kids feel really special.... I will have to keep you in suspense till the weekend....

Tessa

Tammie - I couldn't get the pre-trippie either! :confused3

Jillian - 9 sounds great!

"See" y'all tonight!

9pm (EST) is good for me too! Maybe that will allow everyone to the west of us to still join us.

Tammie - I couldn't get to your report via the link either. I just went to the DL trip report thread and found you that way.

I'll be back later girls - DD12 is getting her braces on today!

ps - Tammie & Kara - I'll try to give you guys some "insight" into the mysteries of "Lost".

Quick fly by...
I really want to be "in" tonight but I am afraid my DH will be researching on the computer again. The purchase most likely has to be done by Saturday night. We do have a lap top but something is wrong with it now and I can't use it:confused: . I will definitely try! If I can kick him off I will just keep checking in to see who is here ....... I get so confused with the time change and time zones but I will shoot for 9:00 central...is that right? What time will it be by all of you? You guys all need to get a weather ticker like mine so I know what time it is by you! I can try it out for you if you want. Just PM me. I mainly need your exact city to try it out.

Here is your Cammie.....

boston.gif

Just copy this address and put it in as a image....
http://banners.wunderground.com/banner/gizmotimetempbig_both/US/MA/Boston.gif

Of course you don't have to you could just save it for whatever....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter