Logistics questions re volunteering a.m. of marathon morning

klh-or

Portland, Oregon
This has probably been covered but I'm not finding it. We are staying at Pop. How do we get from there to where we need to be at 3 am? Do I remember seeing that we actually go to WWS and get shuttled to our stations from there? So, how do we get from Pop to WWS? Will buses be running? Even though it's close, you can't walk it, right? (Obviously I'm not only a 1/2 marathon newbie but this is also my first time to DW! Now, if you want to know anything about DisneyLAND, I'm your go to person...)

And another question... If we do the red #2 water station, we can just walk from there after our shift to catch the runners closer to the finish line, right? On the map they look pretty close together. However, I've got absolutely no concept of how big all of this is anyway, so "close" is a relative term!

Our shift is over at 9, and we could actually expect some runners to start crossing the finish line around when? If we're done at 6 am, is there time to go back to Pop and take a nap, and get back to the finish line to cheer?

I'm not "getting" how a person gets around that morning because I'm guessing roads are closed, etc.

Thanks for your help!!

I am no help at all! I'm trying to get info out of Disney as to how long buses will run to carry spectators to the race and I got the bogus answer of 3 a.m. to 4 a.m. I have to say that this is one area that I'm very disappointed in Disney; it is so hard to find info about transportation on race weekend! It was a major issue for us last year.

I have never volunteered before, but based on the information I was provided via e-mail, volunteers are supposed to report to the Wide World of Sports facility and from there Disney transports them to their station. After the shift, Disney then transports volunteers back to the Wide World of Sports at which time Disney provides volunteers with a park ticket for working the event. There is no Disney transportation for volunteers to the Wide World of sports. Some WISHers in the volunteer thread have said they would/might have cars and have offered to pick up other volunteers. Arranging for a cab from your hotel to WWOS is another option.

As I said, this is the informaton I received from Disney Sports when I sent an e-mail asking some questions about volunteering. I have not yet signed up, but am considering volunteering for the marathon. This will be my first WDW marathon weekend and I am signed up for the half (which is my first distance event). If I do volunteer, as I will not be renting a car, I will try to catch a ride with another WISHer if possible or just take a cab to WWOS. Hopefully I can get a ride back from WWOS to EPCOT after or hope the busses are running by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter