• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Loews Card - will I get the perks?

jxh1

Supreme God of All Things Disney!
My wife and I will be checking into the HRH on Sept. 7 for a few days. I booked the room with the Entertainment Rate, am hoping to get an upgrade for paying with our Discover Card, and would like to get the perks associated with the Loews First Card. Do you think this is possible? What do I need to do to get my milk and cookies? Please let me know your thoughts or experiences.

Thanks!

We got the perks when we went and I didn't even have my card--still don't have it!! I had my Loew's first number and gave it to them and they asked me which perk I wanted. Just show your card when you check in and tell them what you want.

Not only did we not get our Loews perk, we didn't get the pool rooms that we were told (at check-in) that we were getting. we called to complain and were told that we had already gotten an upgrade. Not true--we had the two deluxe rooms at the $149 Entertainment rate. When we booked the rooms we were told that we HAD to get deluxe rooms in order to have connecting rooms (we have 4 children), but was told by the bellhop that most connecting rooms are the standard size (Ent rate $117.50/night). Bottom line is that we paid $63/night extra for the two rooms ($189 total for 3 nights). It was nice having the large deluxe rooms, but two standard rooms would have been pleanty of space. To top it all off, one of the rooms was a lot smaller than the other and may have been a standard room.

We still need to write a letter to the General Manager about the misinformation. What bothered me most was the front desk acting like I was being greedy by complaining about the view and telling me that I'd gotten an upgrade when I had paid for the room. Thanks for letting me vent...
:)

I had a standard Garden Room with the Entertainment Rate of 117.50 for 2 nights last week. I showed my Loews card and asked if I could have the upgrade. The person checking me in went back to talk to his manager (gee...seemed like I was buying a car..LOL)....He came back and said that I could NOT get the room upgrade because I had booked at an unpublished rate; but that I would get the cookies and milk ammenity. I did not recieve my daily paper either. He also stated that I wouldn't get any "points" for my stay either.

Some people have had luck getting an upgrade even with the Entertainment Card rate...but most seem to report not getting it.

I had booked a pool view room it was part of a universal travel pkg, the room had already been upgraded to a deluxe pool view when we checked in. We did receive the milk & cookies the 1st night. We never received our newspaper.

Patty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter