Lodging in July

sablair

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! We are going to WDW the week after July 4th. Im trying to get a great deal on a room, but havent had the luck some of you have. I qualify for the $129 rooms at the Dolphin, but would really really love to stay at Port Orleans if Im gonna pay that much. I tried for the all star offer, but unfortunately, they are all booked up :(

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sheila

If you qualify for SOG resort you can get a great overflow rate to the Disney resorts. SOG is for Military, active duty and retirees and reservists.
Must have ID. DOD employees may also benefit??

$129 for the Swan/Dolphin is a great rate....for Port Orleans it is not. You still are on Disney's property. The difference: (down side)- you will not be able to do package delivery to your room from the parks, you will not be able to use your Disney Credit Card and you will not have Mickey Icon's in your room. (pro side)- Your room will be much bigger in size. You will be on Cresent Lake with Y&B Club & The Boardwalk, you will be able to walk to Epcot, MGM and Fantasia Golf, you will still have access to all of Disney's Transportaion System. My vote would be for the Swan/Dolphin

Sharon L

If you are a teacher then you can currently get a $99 per night rate at the Swan and Dolphin due to an advertising mix up they had.

They were announcing the teacher rate in major papers and instead of $129 per night they put in $99 per night. They have chosen to honor the rate!

So, if you are a teacher call and see if your dates are available!

Oh, and the Swan and Dolphin do have package delivery. They have it delivered to the concierge and you can pick it up there.

lauryn.gif
sheep3.gif

Link toSwan and Dolphin FAQ!
<font size=3><font color=green><marquee>Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font></font>
<font color=green>16 times to WDW 13 off 3 on
Next trips!
Dolphin July 2001
Swan Dec. 2001

[This message was edited by glo on 04-11-01 at 08:11 PM.]

Thanks everyone! I ended up calling SOG and they were full, but offered an overflow room at All Star ($74). I asked for Port Orleans and got it for $99 a night! Im so excited - it's where I wanted to stay to begin with and have been killing myself to find a good rate there. A friend of mine called SOG looking for lodging for 5 people. He ended up with a villa for $114! It's great what you can get if you just ASK :)

Thanks again everyone! Now Im going to concentrate on getting into the parks .. ugh!. Such a tough decision - annual pass - add a day - or just go for the park hopper

Glad you got it. That is the SOG overflow rate I got for PO/R in June too! I could not get a discount any other way and was not going to pay $149 for it. Great benefit for my husband serving his country! :D

By the way you can save on those passes at SOG by showing military card EVEN when not staying there. We get ours there every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest