Walt Disney had plans for a European style ski village in the Mineral King area of the Sierra Nevada. He was inspired after helping to plan the 1960 Winter Olympics in California. The original plans for Country Bear Jamboree was that it might be some sort of dinner show that people might visit after a day skiing, or perhaps where people who didn't ski might want to visit during the day. Also that it would be a year-round destination that would justify the expenses for more than just skiing.

Not sure where something like this might be possible today, although I could imagine finding an existing ski resort and building it where there's already been development. The big deal with Mineral King (now part of Sequoia National Park) was opposition since they would have needed a major highway to get there along with development in a sensitive area. There was a lot of lobbying with the US Forest Service to not allow it and The Walt Disney Company gave up in the 70s.

Last edited:

What are your thoughts on Italy?
Come to think of it, I'd say that it would be time now for Italy to get their Disneyland, since 1) I think Disney and its properties are popular in that country and 2) the Mediterranean Basin could use a Disney resort to go to during the summers.

It would be really nice if they just bought a whole island in the Caribbean and made it a giant resort/park/entertainment destination with beaches and all inclusive packages of different tiers that people can get to via boat or plane.... heavenly.

Italy would be lovely as long as it is along a popular tour route and not off the beaten path where it becomes a chore, I won't take 3 days out of a 2 week trip to get to and from. Logistics are why I don't do Vero Beach and such, I look and added expenses of the travel and logistics become a headache so I abandon the whole idea every time I look.

Nebraska. It would take the load off Disneyland and Disney World and save Disney fans on travel expenses.

Winter in Nebraska.

omaha-snow-freez-glpark-feb-13-jvwm-100_2327-version-2.jpg

The most logical choice for Disney next would be India probably...as for my opinion? no idea

How about another EPCOT instead? Middle of the country...Dallas?

The idea of a non-castle park being the only one they build is an intriguing one...don't think it would ever happen. Also, Disney can't figure out what EPCOT is now (at least the Future World, ahem, whatever they're calling it now section)

The idea of a non-castle park being the only one they build is an intriguing one...don't think it would ever happen. Also, Disney can't figure out what EPCOT is now (at least the Future World, ahem, whatever they're calling it now section)

It's ESMOT Experimental Shopping Mall of Tomorrow.

Will probably be in Africa. Addas Ababa or Accra. The population in the western countries, China, and Japan is rapidly ageing and birthrates are collapsing. Africa has a booming economy and plenty of young residents that would support a Disney Park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter