Live Trip Report from the Allure of the Seas!

DSNYDREAMER

Traceyh@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com
I managed to get myself booked on a sailing of the Allure this upcoming weekend, August 26th. It isn't the Oasis but similar enough to give me an idea of what the experience will be like for our our group sailing on the Oasis next summer (More details here http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/reservations/rccl1.cfm ) . It has been a while since I cruised RCL and I really wanted a test run to make me better equipped to answer all of the questions leading up to our group cruise.

I am in the process of arranging a ship inspection the first day to see as many different stateroom categories as possible. I will then be sailing for the week on a Western itinerary.

I have sailed RCL, Princess and Carnival in the past, as well as being Platinum Castaway on DCL. Disney has always been my sentimental favorite. I am really excited to experience the new super ships and see how different the policy and procedures are from what we are used to on Disney.

If you have any questions ask away. I will answer what I can in advance and find the answers to the others while onboard. While there may be some questions specific to Oasis, I understand the similarites of the 2 ships far out weight the differences.

I will also be posting regular updates as I work my way through the pre cruise process and once I get onboard!

I will do my best to approach the cruise as a guest and not a Travel Agent!!

I'd be interested in breakfast options Tracey. Some mornings I just want coffee and a bagel. Others I want a pretty full meal (eggs, bacon, etc). But every morning I want to do that with the least hassle.

Also, any options for in-room coffee in the morning? :coffee:

Also wanted to ask about internet options. How much does it cost and what kind of speed we can expect.

I'd be interested in breakfast options Tracey. Some mornings I just want coffee and a bagel. Others I want a pretty full meal (eggs, bacon, etc). But every morning I want to do that with the least hassle.

You can order room service for in room coffee. This can be done in the morning, or pre-arranged the evening before. Just leave your card on the door.

There is a breakfast buffet as well as places to sit down and order breakfast every day.

This is pretty standard on cruise ships.

Girl, I think you spend more time in the US than you do in Canada, ay!

see if you can get them to cough up the cabin configuration diagram (which rooms have the bed by the closet/which by the verandah)!!! :goodvibes

seems to be an RCCL state secret!! ;)

there are several places to eat breakfast and an electronic sign showing how busy some of them are....

there is sit down breakfast in the MDR (main dining room :))..
there's a buffet breakfast in windjammer (like cabanas)
there's a "vitality buffet breakfast" in the solarium bistro (where the adult pool is)
there's an "american breakfast" (eggs/pancakes/french toast) in Johnny Rockets
there's breakfast paninis, burritos, bagels, fruit and yogurt in the Park Cafe
there's pastries, muffins, donuts and starbucks coffee in Cafe Promenade

those are the ones i know of....probably there are others as well..

also, i think that Cafe Promenade is open 24 hours (something i wish they had on the disney ships - a 24 hour place to have a cup of coffee and a snack other than from room service)

there are several places to eat breakfast and an electronic sign showing how busy some of them are....

there is sit down breakfast in the MDR..
there's a buffet breakfast in windjammer (like cabanas)
there's a "vitality buffet breakfast" in the solarium bistro (where the adult pool is)
there's an "american breakfast" (eggs/pancakes/french toast) in Johnny Rockets
there's breakfast paninis, burritos, bagels, fruit and yogurt in the Park Cafe
there's pastries, muffins, donuts and starbucks coffee in Cafe Promenade

those are the ones i know of....probably there are others as well..

Johnny Rockets is free as long as you eat there.

If you want it to go....it's a jillion dollars.

:lmao:

Johnny Rockets is free as long as you eat there.

If you want it to go....it's a jillion dollars.

:lmao:

yes, i remember you saying that on your review of the allure!!! crazy!!!! :eek:

I just figured out MDR means main dining room.

Sometimes it takes me a minute.:rolleyes1

only reason i know is DD was on the radiance of the seas two weeks ago (in alaska) and kept saying MDR (where she said dinner was terrible by the way, but she said windjammer was great - she never tried the for fee food on the radiance)..
I should add that she said the RCCL radiance cruise was the most fun she's ever had on any cruise ship and the service was outstanding
This was her first non-dcl cruise
She's now been converted to RCCL loyalist :)

Jeff - every morning they set-up a help-yourself donut shop on the Boardwalk. You heard me....EVERY MORNING...HELP YOURSELF....ALL YOU CAN EAT....coffee is available there as well (Seattle's Best on all RCCL ships).

If you want Starbucks you can visit the shop in the Promenade.

Bagels were available every morning in the Park Cafe but I have to say these weren't good bagels - think Disney bagels.

We found the breakfast as Johnny Rockets to be easy, good and free!!!

Thanks to John and Kevin for the breakfast info. Now I'm hungry....

We found the breakfast as Johnny Rockets to be easy, good and free!!!

John, your mention of Johnny Rockets reminded me of another question. I understand that there is a charge to eat there (other than breakfast). Philosophically, I'm not understanding that. I can see charging for some high-end dining, but Johnny Rockets? A place that is found in the food court of many malls? Admittedly they have good burgers/shakes/etc, but an up-charge?

OK, vent over. My question is actually how much is it and when is it in effect.

Breakfast was free at Johnny Rockets.

There is a per person surcharge for lunch and dinner stuff (burgers, fries, hot dogs, etc). Sorry I don't remember the exact amount - either four or five bucks per person.

If you want a milk shake that is a seperate charge.

I don't know the exact reason behind the surcharge except maybe because it is a 'brand' and they require the ship to charge something for their signature items.

Kevin decided to do 'take away' one night and they charged per item. He still complains about that :rotfl2:

Another question - something that may be a bit subject to the luck of the draw as far as when you arrive goes;

How is the arrival/boarding process? Is it as efficient as DCL's despite the larger number of passengers?

Same question on the other end, the debarkation and clearing customs process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter