Live from Vero Beach

Dasha

Mouseketeer
Greetings from VB!

We are on day 6 of our 10 day stay at sunny Vero Beach. Though we enjoy it as always (this is our 3rd trip in 3 years), but this year seems to be a liitle off in some areas.

Sunday: arrived and had a birthday dinner at Sonya's. Food and service were great as was the bill.

Monday: off to pool in the morning and afternoon. Camp fire at night was not quite up to the usual standards as it went on for 45 minutes with some 15 minute story that bored children and adults.

Tuesday: off to pool and beach in morning and pool in the afternoon. The evening had story time with cookies and milk at the same time as the ice cream scoop at Bleachers. Seems like these two events should be on different nights as they draw from the same age groups.

Wednesday: morning rain meant kids were in the room, so we lunched at Shutter. Service was terrible with orders wrong and a disappearring waitress. Afternoon sun meant pool time for kids (2 and 4 years old). Camp fire was much better tonight with 2 new leaders. Bugs out in force though versus none Monday.

Thursday: grandma's birthday today so on a cloudy morning we did the boat ride on the Indian River Lagoon and had lunch at Capt Hiram's. Great service and a wonderful time. Pool in the afternoon as kids complained we skip it in the morning.

Birthday dinner and cake were reserved at Shutter's for dinner. Children's orders were messed up, service slow, and the cake that I called to reserve and have served for granny, well that started a problem. Seems no one knew about it though I was told when I called it would be [1] no problem and [2] chocolate. Shutters even asked for granny's name before we sat down presumably to put on the cake (they were told this when I made the reservation), but at the end of dinner we were asked what we wanted for dessert. I went to the reservation stand and was told their were no chocolate cakes. I told them any cake would due. Ten minutes later the manager came over and said they weren't any chocolate cakes, I said it didn't matter what it was. In the end granny got one piece with a candle, but we passed on getting a cake has it had been 25 minutes of waiting and kids had to go to bed.

Thursday: Pool in the morning was fun, kids had lunch and naps, and we are off to the pool as soon as the rain shower that just showed up finishes.

So far all is great and VB isn't very crowded. They are 89% full with 100% expected Saturday through the 4th of July per the front desk.

Pool and slide are great, beach has been fun for granny and grandpa, and we look forward to the next 4 days. With no more meals at Shutter's of course :>).

Dasha

I recently made reservations at Vero and was lucky enough to get an Inn Room on short notice. I have been trying to upgrade to an Ocean view or even a 1 Bedroom but I have also been told that Vero is at 100% occupancy for June 2 - 8th. I was somewhat suprised since the room rates indicate high season is Feb.-April.
Is this high occupancy rate here unusual or typical? I am an OKW DVC member. Hope the rest of your trip goes well! Thanks for the info!:cool:

Hi Dasha,

We were at VB Sunday to Tuesday. We must have seen each other at the campfire on Monday night. We've been to 3 of them and this was the least exciting. Whatever story the one CM was telling forced me to visit the ocean for a few minutes. Luckily by the time my son and I returned it was smore time. :)

This was our second year visiting during this same week and it did seem less crowded this year versus last.

Enjoy the remainder of your stay....wish I was still there.

We came at the same time last year and the occupancy rate then was 95%.

There are a lot of kids here that are school age. Ours are 4 and 2, so coming the end of May saves points for a longer stay until they start school.

Dasha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter