Live from Universal & Sapphire Falls 5/24-5/27

You’re trip is about over but you packed a lot into it in a short time

Have fun with Troy and safe travels back home!

A big thank you for sharing
this trip with us live !!

I'm gonna guess tonight it will be rum

Sadly no rum last night. But our airport pickup is 5:30 today so... a farewell rum sounds wonderful!

You’re trip is about over but you packed a lot into it in a short time

Have fun with Troy and safe travels back home!

A big thank you for sharing
this trip with us live !!

Yes- short but fun trip!

My first trip report! Hope it'been ok! and aspire to be even better next time!

Great report and pictures. Really interested now in staying at this resort.

Thank you!!

I can't say enough about Sapphire Falls! It has been wonderful! Nice room, great view, stellar staff!! and must mention very good AP discount!!
We will definitely return here!

We have stayed in all UO hotels but Cabana Bay and I have had no complaints about any of them. Universal has the best customer service!!

Today was pretty laid back! Packed up, went over to Troy's. We talked and had a quick lunch (at Cici's so no gourmet and no pictures) as he had to get to work. He drove us back to SF and we took a last walk around the resort.

IMG_2039_opt.jpg IMG_2037_opt.jpg IMG_2031_opt.jpg

2 rums and the special tonight- guava and burrata mozzarella empanadas! Delicious!!

Sadly, we must make our way to the exit and meet Tony Hinds who will whisk us away to MCO!!

Hope you had a safe trip home!

Really enjoying your report!

Those empanadas look amazing!

Thanks!! It was fun doing the live report!

We were going to get the beef empanadas, but our server mentioned the special, so we decided to go for it! They were sweet but the mozarella made them savory as well!

So, some final thoughts about our trip now that we've returned home.

I decided to do a live report as it was much easier for me to remember what we did and I think it's fun when I read people's live accounts. I'm not used to taking so many pictures to document the trip, but I found it fun! I'll definitely take more pictures on all future trips!

I thank all those who post here. We decided to stay at Sapphire Falls because @schumigirl had such glowing reviews. We so enjoyed the resort . It was perfect in every way. The rooms were nice, view spectacular, staff stellar!! Definitely will return here! Here's a few of our room:

IMG_1921_opt.jpg IMG_1920_opt.jpg IMG_1922_opt.jpg IMG_1919_opt.jpg

Don't let the weather reports scare you off! I watched local Orlando weather reports and we almost cancelled our trip due to the tropical storm approaching! We had two sunny days, followed by two cloudy days- and only a few showers! While you need to heed any storm warnings, the weather can always surprise you! and for us we were pleasantly surprised!

Pool area at SF is so pretty!! We so enjoyed our pool day!

IMG_1929_opt.jpg IMG_2037_opt.jpg

We've been traveling to Universal since 2001, but they are always adding new things. This trip we had many "new to us" experiences.

First, a new resort! Amazing!

Next, Toothsome!! Wonderful experience! Food was good, but the atmosphere and interaction of Professor Doctor Penelope and Robot Jacques really made our lunch into a memorable experience! Definitely a must do! Go for lunch if you want to be seated immediately!

IMG_1952_opt.jpg

At the parks, we found a "do it yourself" photopass picture! We found the one with the Back to the Future car, but I believe there's more! So, next trip we will look for those. We love having our annual Universal photo package- and got a nice AP discount on it. So fun to get all of our ride pictures! I would never pay for them individually, but now that they're included, we do enjoy them!

1876266_97668457.jpg

Traveling so often to UO and the HRH, we now have staff that are friends, or more like family! We enjoyed visiting with them! And we made new friends at SF!

We tried the minion character breakfast at SF! Even as all adults, we like the fun interaction with the characters! UO did a nice job with this one! Nice location, very organized, good food, fun character interaction!

1876266_97715538 (1).jpg

Last edited:
IMG_2060_opt (1).jpg

We became instant Strong Water Tavern lovers!! Read so much about it here! Thanks again @schumigirl !!! The staff there were so engaging! Maggie taught us all about rum and we even tried a rum tasting- and loved it!! So, another new experience that we were so happy we tried! And Brittany our rum captain was so sweet and informative!! Not sure if this will be readable, but here's a shot of the story behind Strong Water!

IMG_2057_opt.jpg

Last edited:
We had Tony Hinds transport us from the airport and back again! Met Tony this time! Very reliable and efficient! Again, read about him here! Thanks @macraven ! We've used him three times now- once for each of our sons, and now for us! Great service, indeed!!

We upgraded our Preferred AP to Premier. We were interested in the after 4 EP as we were staying at SF with no EP. Our touring style tends to be lazy mornings, followed by lunch at City Walk or in the park, and then rides. So, the after 4 EP seemed to be something that would work for us. And allow us to save some $$ by staying at SF- and in the future Aventura or Cabana Bay.

We used the EP and it definitely cut down our wait times!! We also get a free non-peak HHN ticket and better discounts on food & merchandise. So, I am glad we did the upgrade!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter