Live from Disney! (with pics)

:rotfl:Cass: I ate ice cream today and thought of Rob...a man I dont even know except that he has a love for ice cream like me. :rotfl2:

Cass -- fabulous report! You look and sound like you are having a truly MAGICAL trip. I hope the rest of your days are even more fun!

Thanks again for the great reports!

Hahahah all your posts sure make us smile when we get back from a long day at the parks! LOL!

Today was Epcot day and Moose & Jeannine’s first theme park! We got to the International Gateway entrance at 8:45 am but they didn’t let us past the rope until 9:02 am. We stopped at Soarin’ for fast pass and then beelined it to Test Track. It was almost walk on, about 5 minutes before we got the briefing room. Next up was Mission:Space which Rob, Jeannine and I loved. Moose didn’t quite like it.

day8-1.jpg

day8-2.jpg

Went back over to ride Soarin’ which we were disappointed with since we were on the bottom row and you can see the bottom edge of the screen and feet from the people above you. It really took away from the experience. We saw this in Disneyland from the top row and LOVED it. :cool1:

Stopped at Fountainview Bakery….anyone wanna guess what Rob had?? Fruit cup, coffee and yes, he had a chocolate croissant. :earboy2: M & J also got some snacks there.

I went to get FP for Honey I Shrunk the Audience which gave them time for their snack and then back to Honey I Shrunk. Jeannine freaked out at the mice part (LOL) but they both enjoyed it. I wanted to see Figment so we went next door and walked right onto Journey Into Your Imagination.

We had a brief stop for….an ICE CREAM sandwich!!! :rolleyes1 Oh my goodness those things are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

day8-4.jpg

Our bellies were grumbling so we went to Electric Umbrella for some lunches. FYI, Rob LOVES Disney chicken strips! He loves these things. When we decide to book a trip to WDW, this is one of the first things he says: “Ooohhhh, I can have my chicken fingers!”

Talk about disappointment! They were awful!!! Horrible! :scared: They were dry, tasted like they were sitting there for hours. Rob returned it for another fresher looking and although it “looked” better, it didn’t taste any better. He has NEVER not finished his chicken strips but we ended up throwing them out, that’s how bad they were!

day8-3.jpg

I tried to get a PS for Le Cellier (since it was SO good on Monday) but they were all booked up. We rode Spaceship Earth and then did some shopping at Mousegear. Did Universe of Energy and then Innoventions before heading to World Showcase. We walked around the World (and our feet can attest to that!) and on the way Rob stopped for some ICE CREAM!! I know, how predictable right? Ya gotta love him! ::yes::

day8-5.jpg

Walked over to UK and grabbed some fish & chips, ooooh my this was yummmmmy!!

day8-6.jpg

day8-7.jpg

We did more shopping at Mousegear and Mission:Space then found a spot to camp out for Illuminations. M & J were very pooped so we just stayed there for just over an hour then watched Illuminations. I can never get enough of that show!!!

Walked back to BCV and did some laundry. I also tried to book another rental car for M & J. You see, we thought M & J were going to be bringing one suitcase each but when we picked them up they had 2 pieces EACH and carry on. SOOOOO, we now have EIGHT large suitcases, 6 carry ons and fanny packs!! The funny part is that we rented a Ford Taurus LOL!!! However, Avis and Budget were all booked up!! We couldn’t get a car and Mears only picks up here at 8 am and we will be doing MGM Friday so we can’t leave in the morning….so Friday should be quite interesting. We may be holding onto the roof of the Taurus or something!

Oh well, we will figure something out tomorrow. We may just be taking two trips to Cape Canaveral Friday night!

Anyway…need some rest!

Tomorrow’s adventure include Epcot/MGM for bathrooms (I will explain this tomorrow if I have more time) (M & J will be going to Downtown Disney while we do this) then we will try hitting MK by 4pm if they let us in for Mickey’s Totally not at all Scary in the Least Bit Halloween Party (that is the new name for it!).

Edited to add that it was BLOODY FREAKING HOT today!!! The hottest day so far for sure!! Watching Wilma, looks good for boarding the Disney Magic on Saturday, just watching weather now and we should be fine yay!!!!!

Timon said:
We had a brief stop for….an ICE CREAM sandwich!!! :rolleyes1 Oh my goodness those things are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

day8-4.jpg

My fave too! Slightly edging out :mickeybar: :goodvibes

Our bellies were grumbling so we went to Electric Umbrella for some lunches. FYI, Rob LOVES Disney chicken strips! He loves these things. When we decide to book a trip to WDW, this is one of the first things he says: “Ooohhhh, I can have my chicken fingers!”

Talk about disappointment! They were awful!!! Horrible! :scared: They were dry, tasted like they were sitting there for hours. Rob returned it for another fresher looking and although it “looked” better, it didn’t taste any better. He has NEVER not finished his chicken strips but we ended up throwing them out, that’s how bad they were!

day8-3.jpg
We've had 2 horrible meals there, years apart. Burgers, chicken strips, mac&cheese...They serve the same things as other CS, but it's like they've had it sitting out for 37 hours -in spite of the massive turnover of a busy restaurant! Even the kids complained and wouldn't finish it. Yuck, never again. :sad2:

Edited to add that it was BLOODY FREAKING HOT today!!! The hottest day so far for sure!! Watching Wilma, looks good for boarding the Disney Magic on Saturday, just watching weather now and we should be fine yay!!!!!
Watching with you... :wizard: :sunny:

I'm loving your reports! Even your "boring" day at Disney sounded good to me. Happy Anniversary, and enjoy the rest of your trip, eh?

Hi Cass and Rob :wave:

Thanks for sharing your reports and pics...I feel like I'm right there w/you guys! Can't wait to read some more :wizard:

This is awesome! Thanks for the posts and pics. Wish I was there! I'm heading over to your website now. :wave2:

I was up late last night waiting for your trip report!!! I finally went to bed, I just couldn't stay up anymore. First thing this morning....reading live from WDW with Cass and Rob!! My family thinks I have totally lost it! Keep sending them. I feel like I am there with you. Thanks again for taking all that time writing and taking great pics! Can't wait to read more...:) Dana

Cass and Rob, I am loving your report!! :love: First thing every morning I have to come here to see what you did yesterday. I feel as though I know you so well!! Isn't DIS terrific? Makes friends of everyone!! :cool1:

That pix of Rob & the chicken finger had me LOL.

I gotta tell my DH there is someone out there even MORE addicted to Ice Cream thatn he is - I never thought that was possible.....

Have Fun Today & I can't wait to read the next installment. Thanx for all the work you're putting into these. :goodvibes

I've been lurking and reading every day - always in anticipation for your next post! I too cannot WAIT until your cruise reports. DH and I would LOVE to try the cruise for our 10 yr anniversary (we still have 4 yrs but it wouldn't hurt to start planning and saving early). Keep up the good work and I'll be waiting for your next installment!!!! Have a wonderful magical vacation!!!!!

Okay, I have about 30 mins to kill while I wait for Rob to get ready so I will take this time to write about some stuff I haven't had time for.

ICE CREAM
I just wanted to mention that every time we go to WDW, I have to make Rob an ice cream budget. :rolleyes: Really! I save up and make sure we have enough for him to have one ice cream per day. This trip I didn't really make an ice cream budget but I over estimated our food budget so he could have as much ice cream as he wanted! So yesterday, we were passing the Australia part of W.S. and he looks at me with puppy dog eyes and says "do I have enough in my budget for another ice cream????" LOL :mickeybar

BATHROOMS
I love bathrooms, I know it sounds a little weird but I just love seeing nice bathrooms on vacation. It started in Las Vegas in 1998 where there are so many amazingingly themed bathrooms there. SO..when I found a website with ALL WDW bathrooms, I loved it, some are just gorgeous! Eventually, the owner of that site took it down so I thought I would start my own. During our last trip in 2003, I took photos of many bathrooms in the parks (about half of them) and posted them on my old website.

Well, I got some weird responses from other posters (I posted the link on the Theme Parks Board) and it was taking up a lot of space so eventually I took them down. About 3 months ago, I got an email from a guy on the Intercot Boards and asked me if I would put it back up as he loved it, so I did.

Then I redid my website and decided that this trip I would get the rest of the bathrooms and jot down more info like stall/sink numbers.

So today, we decided to spend a few hours in MGM and Epcot basically just doing the bathrooms. I get the WEIRDEST looks from people :eek: Most of the time I try to get little or no people in my photos since it's not a place people expect to see a flash, trust me I know! Sometimes the bathrooms are so busy I do get some people but I try my best and sometimes I wait 4-5-or 6 minutes till I can get the proper shot.

I DO NOT get Rob to take photos of the men's since you guys do things a little differently than us women :rolleyes:

When I get back I plan on doing a flash movie with maps of the parks where you can click on the bathrooms and see photos.

I must say that I am a little disappointed this trip since the bathrooms are yucky! Our first night here I was in the bathroom next to Wolfgang Puck express, washing m hands and the bathroom was gross, dirty paper towel everywhere, no soap in half the dispensers and the lady next to me, who couldn't find soap, looks at me and says "Is it just me or is this place going downhill???"

Jeannine knows about my bathroom obsession and knows I like Disney bathrooms and yesterday in Epcot, we were in the bathroom and she says: "Hmmm, so I thought you said Disney had nice bathrooms????"

Oh well, if my research can help just one mother and child or one family find a decent bathroom then it will be worth it.

OUR BUDGET
This trip we spent a lot more than we normally do. We are NOT rich by any means but we both decided to do the stuff that we've been wanting to do since our first trip. The reason for that is because when we come back, we plan on starting family. It will be tough for me because I have Lupus and take medication to keep me out of pain. I've been on this medication for 7 years and you cannot get pregnant while on this drug which is why we don't have kids yet. I am going to have to go through a lot of hard times to find a new drug and get this one out of my system and I am NOT looking forward to it but decided that we really want to try to have a baby so I will do what I have to. But I also wanted one more last trip to Disney before we do, to kinda get me through all the tough times. So we saved up extra and did the things we've been wanting to do for awhile like another Disney Cruise, staying onsite at both Disney and Universal, Discovery Cove and Segway tour.

We both decided that we don't want to take a small baby to Disney so this will be our last trip for many many years. So that's why we wanted to go out with a bang :goodvibes

ROB
Let me just say that I am a lucky woman! Rob is an amazing man and I thank God everyday that I have him in my life. He treats me like a princess, he's so generous and not just to me but to everyone he knows and meets. He's been with me through some tough health issues and has ALWAYS been there for me. He buys me so many flowers I have to tell him to stop LOL! He does everything I ask of him with no whining, complaining or grumpiness and most importantly, he's my best friend. I have no idea what I did to deserve him but I don't take even a single moment with him for granted, EVER! We have the best time together and this trip has been amazing so far. He's been working 3 and 4 jobs for the past 8 months to keep us afloat ( I had some medical issues last year and I lost my job) and he so deserves a break!!! What better place than at Disney!! I am looking forward to the cruise I think more for him than for me since he loves to eat every 2 hours and he loves variety which the cruise is perfect for! :p

WEBSITE
For those of you who are enjoying my reports because your trip is so far away and you need something to keep you going, you may want to visit my website. Although I will be making a lot of updates when I get back, I still have a lot of WDW stuff on there like trip reports, photos & videos. The link is down there in my signature.

THANK YOU
One last thing before we head to Epcot. Thanks for listening to me babble! And thanks for all your great replies. I can't reply to all of them individually but we are loving hearing all your comments. :teeth:

Cass, I knew that we had a connection somehow!!! Now I know what it is!! My favorite Aunt had Lupus for many years. I know what you are going through. I will keep you in my prayers and say a special one for both of you and the prospects of a healthy baby!!! God Bless!!

First I want to say that you are blessed to have such a loving ,beautiful, yet sweets insane husband! Good luck with the rest of your trip and your life. Children are what makes life worthwhile....and Disney of course. It has been great reading all of these reports when I should be getting things done around this dirty house. Wish I were in your shoes. Will keep checking for the rest of your reports.

My goodness, I want you guys to stay and Disney and keep reporting back to us, awww :flower: . I wish someone would take over when your trip is over. It's a blast reading your reports and I find myself wondering what you two are up to as I plow through my day! I'm glad your having so much fun and living my dream of staying in such nice places!

Regarding Rob and his ice cream obcession, well the stuff is really nice isn't it! Even though I know we ain't got no ice cream in the house, I just now had to take that walk through the kitchen for a look see just in case I hid some, you know, like, while I was sleeping or something! I never did have one of those Mickey Ice Cream Sandwiches, and remember now how much I love them, aaargh! Note to Rob..have another for me, yeah :goodvibes !

Have a blast at the Halloween Party! My BF and I just went on Oct. 6th and it was more fun than I thought it would be! Looking forward to see if you all dress up in something cool yet hip ;), my Kevin wore a grass skirt, 2 flowery neaklaces and Stich ears. He got a lot of nice comments but we though he was dressed as Stich, until we overheard someone say "ooh look, that guy is both Lilo and stich!!" :goodvibes

This thread is amazing, the best I have ever read. Thank you for all the time and energy you are putting into this. I know how tired you get while there and to stop and do this for all of us to enjoy is so nice of you.

I wish you the best on the road ahead of you and I am so happy for you both that you were able to do Disney and the Cruise again. (I did the Cruise twice also and it was even better the second time, if that's possible)

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, I think I am looking forward to it as much as you are. LOL :goodvibes

sorry about the rough time you have had and hope the baby project turns out well. all the more reason to enjoy yourselves!

I've really enjoyed your trip pictures and reports! I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Wishing you much success with your baby plans! Autoimmune issues and getting pregnant can be a tricky thing for some. You have the determination to make it happen!

Thanks again for all your time in helping us live vicariously through your trip reports!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter