Live from Disney! (with pics)

HI Cass.....
I only know you from reading this post. I have a question.....i checked out your scrap pages and was wondering where you get the fonts to make your titles on each page? Do you print them offline or something? I'm about to start my Disney Book and have no idea how to get different title styles. I'm tired of the same old stickers. Any suggestions for me? I feel so overwhelmed with 187 pics to scrap with. geez!!!
Thanks
Karen

Karen,

When I scrap traditionally, I download different types of fonts off the internet and then I use MS Word to make my titles and then print them off on cardstock.

There are thousands of free fonts out there, it's easy to find them, just do a google search or hop on over to the SB forum and everyone will help you out over there too, they are so helpful! :woohoo:

You can print it on lignin free and acid free cardstock... They've also done studies on ink jets and their printing ablity for longevity ....and surprisingly alot of the new photo printers that are out there are out lasting some of the more traditional printings. As for printing text...I'm not sure. I don't know if much study has been put into that...But I'd guess if printing photos from printers are showing the ablity to stay good over time...that printing text would also. I was also thinking the lignin has to do with the paper yellowing...and the acid is what breaks stuff down. Lignin is the stuff in tree pulp...that makes your newspapers turn yellow and more brittle...I don't know that it interferrs with the ink and how long it'll last....But heck I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time :rolleyes:

karenbaco said:
do you really think the ink will last? Its not lignin free is it???
Karen

Most high quality ink jet photo printers are now of archival quality and are said to last 100 years. I would say that would be long enough for most of us.
Check online the printer properties for photo and archival use before purchasing.
I believe Cass has posted the link to the printer she uses in a previous post, but the type she is using is a large format ink jet, Canon i9900.
As for the lignin question, that is in regards to the paper you choose.

Great report. ...

Funny thing! we where there when you did and we also did a Our Live Report of Octber

Regarding children. Your Disney addicts. You'll end up in WDW if you have little once. You'll see ;) ;) ;) My son was 6 weeks and we already took him to DLRP. Now he is 6 and has been on an average of 7 to 10 times a year, including 2 WDW visits (3 years old and 6 years old)

Ghost,

Thanks for the link, just read it all! Great report!! I would have loved reading it if I was stuck at home. Funny how I can relate to some of your days as we were doing other things. Like the cold rainy day...I was SO ILL and stuck in our room at the WL and I would have LOVED to be in the parks since I LOVE the rain!!! I was on our balcony watching the rain come down feeling sad that I wasn't healthy enough to be out in the rain :lmao: Also the Mission:Space shirt you wore on your MGM day, hubby and I both have that same shirt and we wear it all the time :teeth:

As for us bringing our kids...well I have already told hubby that we should bring them but I haven't convinced him completely yet. I told him that Disney and more importantly Disney WORLD is such a big part of US that we HAD to share it with our kids, even when they are young. :thumbsup2

I have convinced him to do a Disney cruise with a young baby, so we are thinking of doing the Repo cruise from Europe back to Florida in Aug '07, if indeed it is Europe that they will be going to.

If I am less than 5 months pregnant by Christmastime, we will be back at WDW with my family and on the Disney Wonder for Christmas 2006!!! :cool1:

Whaw... thanX for going over to read my report...

Europe Cruise might be something I woul do to. Not sure yet (and I guess we still have to wait for Disney to say that it will happen.) Imagine though I would book on the same cruise... we would have another live report together :thumbsup2

If my older pictures would be digital I could have shown my boy when he was younger during one of the trips. But hearinng to what you have to say I am sure your "hubby" will change his mind soon enough and you will all be going to WDW with the little one ;) :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

We had so many wonderful replies to this thread and everyone was so generous in their wishes for us I just wanted to let you all know that I am PREGNANT!!!! :cool1:

I went off my medication for 3 months, everything was fine, healthwise I was great! We started trying at the beginning of February and then in March, we conceived!! :woohoo:

Found out Monday that I am 3 weeks pregnant and due on December 1st!!!

We were going to go to WDW and another cruise on the Magic in October but I ended up cancelling the cruise since I will be TOO pregnant.

Maybe sometime next year we will go back to WDW, this time it will be the THREE of us :thumbsup2

Cass, I so enjoyed reading your trip report, even though I haven't posted to say so...but I had to post today to say CONTRATULATIONS! :cheer2: I'm in my 28th week and it has been such an enjoyable time!! We, too, are planning our first trip to the World as a threesome!
You should head over to the Community Board, there's a great thread for expecting moms with good info and great advice!

sarah

:banana: :banana: :banana:
When I saw "personal update" I just knew you were pregnant! CONGRATS to both of you - this will definitely be the most thrilling and memorable trip of your lives!

Make sure to head over to the moms to be thread, I loved it there last year when I was pregnant with #2 and now I reside on the new moms thread. I'll still be there when you deliver (as well as the previous poster) because the ladies there are so awesome I am addicted and will more than likely post there till my kids graduate high school.

:grouphug:

Congratulations!! :cool1:
I'm so happy for the two of you. It's been a while since I've been "with child" but I can still remember how I felt when I first found out. It will be like nothing you have ever experienced.
Best wishes to the three of you. :grouphug:

CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer2: :banana: :yay: That is such wonderful news! Y'all are going to be such awesome parents! Gee, I wonder where the little one will get to go on it's first vacation!

Timon said:
Maybe sometime next year we will go back to WDW, this time it will be the THREE of us :thumbsup2

Cass - I've loved your reports and keeping track of them. I had to say CONGRATS!!! You will LOVE the experience of being a Mom, there's just nothing that compares.

You'll have to come over to the Disney for Families board soon and plan with us :) YAY!

CONGRATS Cass and Rob!!!

Oh I am sooo excited for you. I have been going to your site hoping to see this wonderful update!

Disney through the eyes of a child is wonderful. And you think you love your spouse now. Just wait till you see them hold your child. That's the most loving feeling in the world!!!!!

Cynde

Congrats!! We took our 18 month old on the Disney cruise and ended up with another princess as a souvenier!! She's been going to the world since she was 4 weeks and her first DCL trip was December and she was 10 months old...you'll have even more fun now!

Congrats Guys!!! Our family is so happy for you and wish you a healthy happy pregnancy!!! Its the most precious time. You'll see.

Looking forward to your Trip report when you go as three!!

Congrats again!!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter