live from Disney Magic Feb 14th -- Almost Emergency

demswalsh

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone I am live from the Disney Magic this evening. While doing the fireworks during the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party, there was an emergency code red call to the rear of the boat. My husband went to look and discovered that there was a misfire on the fireworks and appeared to be a fire by Palo restaurant. I am trying to find out more, and will post more later. They had all the fire hoses out and there was water everywhere. It also looked like they were possibly doing some roof repair to palo's. There were pieces of fireworks on the deck outside Palo's.

Will post more later.

Teri Irwin (Steve Irwin's wife) and family are also onboard this cruise. They are just a few cabins down from us.

Wow! Please keep us posted on what happened. Scary!

YIKES! Thanks for the breaking news. I hope everyone and everything is OK.

Hello everyone I am live from the Disney Magic this evening. While doing the fireworks during the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party, there was an emergency code red call to the rear of the boat. My husband went to look and discovered that there was a misfire on the fireworks and appeared to be a fire by Palo restaurant. I am trying to find out more, and will post more later. They had all the fire hoses out and there was water everywhere. It also looked like they were possibly doing some roof repair to palo's. There were pieces of fireworks on the deck outside Palo's.

Will post more later.

Teri Irwin (Steve Irwin's wife) and family are also onboard this cruise. They are just a few cabins down from us.

Wow, I also hope everyone and everything is okay!

And wow, the Irwin family are on the cruise with you! Tell Bindi that Rita said hi. (LOL) :)

Oh no!!! I hope everything is ok with the ship. How scary it must of been!

What do you think this will do to the Pirates in the Caribbean Party? I really hope they don't stop firing the fireworks.

Will post more later.

Interesting

Good thing they were right on top of it and took care of it. Scary though.

We were told on our 1/27 cruise that the ship is pointed into the wind before any fireworks are set off so the fireworks go off the back of the ship. So was this a misfire?

Steve from Austrailia is the Deck 9 Manager. He oversees all the pools, restaurants, and even the fireworks that are discharged off deck 9. Hope all was well with crew and passengers. Since we observed so much safety activity drills by the crew each day, I would hope they were right on top of this.

Anyone else aboard that can give us an update?

DisGal

I honestly thought about this happening when we were onboard. It happens on land, so why not on a ship?

That's so cool about the Irwin's being onboard. Are they doing any celebrity meets or talks or anything?

Oh I really hope this doesn't make them stop the fireworks at the Pirate party. That was one of my favorite things on the cruise!

I checked cnn.com and orlandosentinel.com. Neither have any stories about this at all. So anyone else on this same cruise - can you tell us what may have happened?

If it was a small incident, then it is better to know that then worry about it being something bigger.

how scary! :scared1: I hope everyone and everything is ok! I'd hate for them to stop the fireworks, because I am looking forward to them on our cruise, however, if they feel it's unsafe, I am all for it. I would hate for a huge fire on the ship due to the fireworks!

Just one reason why the crew has frequent fire drills. Hope Mickey's boat is okay!!! (and all her passengers, too!):grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!