Little Mermaid Virtual Ride

DisneylandForever

At Walt's in DLP
Sorry if this has already been posted.

Now that the new Mermaid DVD is out, and we've been treated to the virtual "ride that almost was," is anybody else super disappointed that it wasn't made? Anybody else hopeful that they'll still make it and put it in DCA or WDW? I don't know what it was, but when I saw that virtual ride it just seemed to have captured the spirit of a dark ride beautifully. Loved the above/below water effect! The music, the scenes they chose, just great.

My brother made fun of me because I pouted after watching it. I responded, "That Nemo submarine ride better be freakin' awesome."

Anybody else have any thoughts? Glad it wasn't made, or hopeful it still could be?

My DDs were watching it and "ohh-ing and ahh-ing" the whole time. It looked like it would have been a really awesome ride.

Totally disappointed. Watched it 20 times Friday night.

I didn't like the fact that they didn't even give a reason for why it wasn't made. How can you get that far and then be like "nahhhh..."

I totally agree! You can't just say "the ride that almost was", show a spectacular almost-ride, and not give a darn good reason for it! :eek:

I'm hoping they have it on the back burner somewhere just waiting for an opening in Fantasyland...

Seriously they need to build that ride!!! I am so upset that they didnt!
AND (while Im at it) they need to update Space Mountain to the DL version asap!

We also rode it over and over again. We are so bumped they didn't make that ride. We will be in WDW next month and I think I will be scrutinizing the Nemo ride. I'll be comparing it to Little Mermaid. How can we convince them to build this ride? :teeth:

This ride was designed for Disneyland Resort Paris...During the opening ceremony on TV they showed future expansions for the resort and This along with a Beauty and the Beast ride/show and The Disney Studios were shown. Obviously we all know what happened with the resort early on and due to financial reasons the rides were scrapped in favour of adding smaller expansions around the park which included The Storybook Canal Boats, Casy Jr Circus Train and the Little Windmill ride.

Aww.. I wish that we could have had a little mermaid ride. When I was younger, that was my favorite Disney movie, EVER.. ]=

I'd like to think that maybe they included it on the DVD to see how people responded to it -- so maybe if we are really enthusiastic, email, keep disboard threads going, etc. it will be moved to a front burner.

I know I had the hardest time convincing DD4 that the ride wasn't really going to be in MK when we go in December, that it was only on the DVD.

So, my vote is that they go ahead and build it. We need a princess ride other than Snow White's Scary Adventures.

Disney Planner Mama said:
I'd like to think that maybe they included it on the DVD to see how people responded to it -- so maybe if we are really enthusiastic, email, keep disboard threads going, etc. it will be moved to a front burner.

I was sort of hoping the same thing. Now that Nemo is going in the Lagoon in DL, they'll probably have to put this ride in WDW. Is there room for it in Fantasyland in the MK? How about The Living Seas in Epcot? If somebody wants to start a petition, I'd gladly sign it!

Or maybe I should start one! Hmmmmmmm. :ccat:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter